Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facing up to failure
I took what I was hoping to be the last exam required before completing my degree. I failed CLEP Precalculus today with a 46. I did well on the first section I think --- it was the last one that consumed me.

I studied really hard, but I was not prepared for the Trigonometry onslaught --- it's pervasive on this exam.

I wanted to be finished. I told myself that I would graduate in June. That won't happen though. September it is. Oh, well. (lost another loan to ditech!)

I should have saved the easy stuff for last --- I registered for the class at TESC for the April term.

All one can do is face failure head-on (apply directly to where it hurts!) and move on.
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Green"]I've been there myself (CLEP Math too) and I know the pain and disappointment you're feeling - it sucks!!

But.............like me, you too will rise above it all, receive your degree, and move onward!

You've come this far and NOTHING will stop you...again!!

Good Luck!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Hi bluetooth...

Awwwww man do I feel badly for you! Sad That must have been SO hard to see that 46 on the screen...especially after you studied so much for this exam. I have to believe that the CLEP Precalculus exam has to be one of the HARDEST exams there is, so I commend you for giving it a shot! I know that I couldn't have passed it, that's for sure! :o

However, we know that you WILL persevere, and you will have your degree very soon! Hang in there, and be proud of what you have already accomplished!

We're all rooting for you!! Big Grin

Good luck!

JoAnne
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
If it makes you feel any better, many of us have saved the hard stuff to do last and paid a price for doing so. I totally agree that the easy stuff should be saved for last, not the hard stuff! Out of curiosity, have you considered any options that might allow you to finish up faster, like other tests that would work, or self-study courses? I'm not sure, but Penn-Foster might have a precalculus course (they're self-study).
My last Clep General Math score was 49! A freakin 49!!!! One problem away from passing!!! It's one thing if you tank a Clep or ECE, but to be that close....
I will deystroy a Corona w/ lime in your honor.
Working On:
NOTHING!!!!
Finished: Graduated BSL 15 Feb 08, Waiting on the USPS to deliver the cert.

[SIZE="2"]Passed:
All Clep Generals (Except Math)
ECE Composition,Clep Intro to Soc,DSST Human Cult Geography,World Conflict,HRM,World Pop,Ethics,ECE Research Methods in Psych,Abnormal Psych,
DSST Technical Writing, Intro World Religions,
MIS,Drugs and Alcohol, R+F USSR,Intro to Computers,Civil War,Criminal Justice,B. Math
Environment+Humanity,Info Systems+Comp Apps, CLEP- US History 1+2,Ana. Lit, DSST- Intro to Buisness [/SIZE]
bluetooth Wrote:I took what I was hoping to be the last exam required before completing my degree. I failed CLEP Precalculus today with a 46. I did well on the first section I think --- it was the last one that consumed me.

I studied really hard, but I was not prepared for the Trigonometry onslaught --- it's pervasive on this exam.

I wanted to be finished. I told myself that I would graduate in June. That won't happen though. September it is. Oh, well. (lost another loan to ditech!)

I should have saved the easy stuff for last --- I registered for the class at TESC for the April term.

All one can do is face failure head-on (apply directly to where it hurts!) and move on.

one way or the other someone will fail something ....out of all of the exams completed.....

you can just take a 1 month summer course on it ....probably the better route....

the math exams for some people can be difficult so its better to have an instructor /class on those subjects areas....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zovio = colossal failure bjcheung77 7 956 08-08-2022, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Article on the SJSU/Udacity failure rate. Daithi 1 551 07-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  when your first test is a failure... cookderosa 4 1,058 06-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Last Post: alissaroot