Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fall 2021 Session 2 -- What is YOURPace?
(10-25-2021, 11:45 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 11:06 AM)TMcClary Wrote: being a graphic designer/content creator makes me put way more effort into making them look good than they need to be.

I know what you mean!

Should I go crazy with transitions? How about adding video and animations?  Let's make some custom graphics lol.

No. Don't do that. If you add a bunch of stuff not on the rubric, they can send it back telling you to remove it and get to the point. Stick to the rubric. Use your time wisely.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
What's the proper way to answer milestone questions? Should it be formatted in a specific way?
(10-25-2021, 09:14 PM)Jobe112 Wrote: What's the proper way to answer milestone questions? Should it be formatted in a specific way?
It should say in the instructions for each milestone. Sometimes they are a simple paragraph of text submitted in the comment box. Sometimes they are a full essay written in word and attached and uploaded. The other requirements like word count and formatting should be in the directions. 

In the history classes most of the milestones were short essays attached as word docs.
BA History & Political Science - History Concentration - UMPI - 2021
Done- Waiting for degree conferral 

AA Graphic Design - Penn Foster - 2010 
[-] The following 3 users Like TMcClary's post:
  • crotique, Jobe112, Pikachu
(10-25-2021, 09:21 PM)TMcClary Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 09:14 PM)Jobe112 Wrote: What's the proper way to answer milestone questions? Should it be formatted in a specific way?
It should say in the instructions for each milestone. Sometimes they are a simple paragraph of text submitted in the comment box. Sometimes they are a full essay written in word and attached and uploaded. The other requirements like word count and formatting should be in the directions. 

In the history classes most of the milestones were short essays attached as word docs.

Thank you very much! Information literacy is the course I'm taking. The instructions were for me to respond to the question in a meaningful and substantial manner. Content from the competence must be referenced and cited. Since they didn't ask for anything else, I will only respond to the question in a paragraph or two.
(10-24-2021, 07:38 PM)crotique Wrote: Session 2 
I am enrolled in Creative Decision Making (HUM103) and Spreadsheet Applications (BUS242). 

I am pretty excited that I can burn these out and take an additional course or perhaps 2. I do work well over full time and have a conference scheduled, but I am feeling confident. 

Good Luck All.

Did you actually get HUM 103 loaded into your account? I was supposed to get that class for this session too, but I got HUM 186 (Creative and Critical Thinking) instead. I sent an email to Cody. I'm curious if it was one mistake or did it happen to everyone...
Completed:

Master's Degree, Coaching & Emotional Intelligence, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Business Administration, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Management, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Corporate Communication, Universidad Isabel 1
Professional Certificate, IT Support, Google
Professional Certificate, Cybersecurity Analyst, IBM
Bachelor's Degree, Liberal Studies (Management Minor), University of Maine @ Presque Isle
Honors Certificate, Business Writing, University of Colorado
Certificate, Inclusive Leadership, University of Colorado
Master Herbalist Certification, Academy of Natural Health Sciences

Does anyone know if when finished with a degree, when it will populate on transcripts? I just finished and my grades have been entered for the previous term, I just have no concrete evidence of conferral of a degree yet.
Pierpont BOG AAS - 2021
UMPI Bachelor Of Liberal Studies - Management Minor, History Minor
UMPI Alumni - 2021 Magna Cum Laude
(10-26-2021, 02:15 AM)cpoteraske Wrote: Does anyone know if when finished with a degree, when it will populate on transcripts? I just finished and my grades have been entered for the previous term, I just have no concrete evidence of conferral of a degree yet.

It takes about a month for your degree to confer after the term ends. Did you apply for graduation? You have to apply for graduation for your degree to confer as well.
(10-25-2021, 10:27 AM)ashkir Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 08:57 AM)sksandorff90 Wrote: I logged in today, and my competencies weren't loaded. Luckily, when I went to email Cody, he had sent an email out already saying they were working on the problem. I'll check back in this afternoon and see. I'm a bit bummed because I had my study space already set up for today.

Which courses are you starting today? I'm sure it'd be fixed soon!
 Creative Writing and Organizational Communication. They were loaded up within an hour of my original post. I'm impressed how quickly they got all of that sorted as it seemed to be an issue for a lot of people.
(10-25-2021, 10:40 PM)Kal Di Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 07:38 PM)crotique Wrote: Session 2 
I am enrolled in Creative Decision Making (HUM103) and Spreadsheet Applications (BUS242). 

I am pretty excited that I can burn these out and take an additional course or perhaps 2. I do work well over full time and have a conference scheduled, but I am feeling confident. 

Good Luck All.

Did you actually get HUM 103 loaded into your account? I was supposed to get that class for this session, but I got HUM 186 (Creative and Critical Thinking) instead. I sent an email to Cody. I'm curious if it was one mistake or did it happen to everyone...
We are in the same class, HUM 186. Although I was told HUM 103, HUM 186 has close to the same course name; thus, I wasn't concerned. Maybe I should be.
UMPI BA - Accounting (presently working on)
Sophia
Walla Walla Community College
University of Washington 
University of Puget Sound 
Peninsula College 
I have already sent Jessica a detailed email with screenshots to find out what options I have, but she is out of the office this afternoon and I need to vent a little.

SPA 102 is a complete hot mess. The class is unfinished with tons of technical issues. The quizzes are filled with placeholder text instead of actual questions. The instructional material looks like it was pasted from random websites with no care to if it makes any sense. There is the occasional bit pasted from what looks like a more traditional online version of the class but they are out of context and don't make sense in the YourPace structure. A ton of the links don't go where they are supposed to go. It is incredibly unprofessional and not like the other classes. I don't know if other people have taken SPA 102 through YourPace. It was clearly a brand new setup for the class on Monday because it had an issue that caused the first lesson to crash immediately. No one could have gotten by that before. Cody had to put in a placeholder question to fix it so I could move forward at all. I thought I could just move through it quickly, do the written milestones, and get it done, with the amount of Spanish I already know. The instructor ended up making some rather rude comments indicating that she thought I was doing something inappropriate (getting outside help). This was incredibly upsetting. She made another rude comment on the "daily schedule" milestone about the time I wake up in the morning. It was weird. Why does when I wake up matter? The Spanish was correct (mostly). I answered the milestone appropriately. Insulting me for the time I wake up was out of line (9:30 am in case you are wondering).

I have asked Jessica for help. Since the class is clearly unfinished and should not be live for students, I think UMPI should make an exception to the requirement but I am not holding my breath that will happen. My plan right now is to ask for permission to take it at Study.com or Straighterline and transfer it in, drop it at UMPI, and take an elective for the three credits I will still need. I am a bit annoyed that it means an extra class and more work on my part but I just want to graduate and move on now.

I don't know how accurate the seat count listings are, but I see one other person enrolled for the term (session? I don't know what time the seat counts cover). I wonder what their experience has been? There is so much outright broken it cannot just be me.

Edit: I just got a quick email from Jessica asking to share the info with the Dean of Instructional Design. So the issue is being addressed. She will email me tomorrow to discuss it more.
BA History & Political Science - History Concentration - UMPI - 2021
Done- Waiting for degree conferral 

AA Graphic Design - Penn Foster - 2010 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 0 23 5 hours ago
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 4 87 10 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 0 37 10 hours ago
Last Post: valentvne
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 728 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,574 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 309 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,658 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  Yourpace admissions emcube 3 375 02-22-2024, 12:33 AM
  Commencement question (YourPace) rrrr 4 335 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 919 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM