Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest Sophia Classes ?
Hello all! Was looking to knock out some gen eds over at Sophia and was wondering what were the fastest/easiest options to take in each section ive grouped below (i.e minimal written assignments, shortest duration etc) Here are the options i have

a.)English Composition I or Foundations of English Composition

b.)Public Speaking or Communication at work

c.)Foundation of stats or Introduction to statistics

d.)Art History 1 or Art History 2 or Ancient Greek Philosophers or Intro To Ethics or VisualCommunications or Approaches to studying World Religions

e.) Intro to Psychology or Intro to Sociology or US history 1 or US history 2 

And if anyone can indicate how long they should approximately take to complete ? 

Thanks so much Smile
Obviously, if you can take the Foundations courses INSTEAD of the regular course, that will be an easier/faster option (English Comp & Stats). I can't imagine that a school would give you that option, but you are very lucky if this is the case.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
You want to verify the degree/school you're going for accepts the courses from Sophia, including those "intro foundation courses". I know a few such as PUG will accept them, but there are a few that won't accept them as they transfer in as remedial or vocational. If they are accepted, take the one with the least assignments and quizzes/tests. Here's a link for comparison: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-14-2021, 09:18 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You want to verify the degree/school you're going for accepts the courses from Sophia, including those "intro foundation courses".  I know a few such as PUG will accept them, but there are a few that won't accept them as they transfer in as remedial or vocational.  If they are accepted, take the one with the least assignments and quizzes/tests.  Here's a link for comparison: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

Appreciate the link lol but yeah i listed those courses because i know my uni accepts them...its just a matter of which ones are quickest in their respective categories, but thanks so much though Smile
(10-14-2021, 06:35 PM)yellow_gambit Wrote: Hello all! Was looking to knock out some gen eds over at Sophia and was wondering what were the fastest/easiest options to take in each section ive grouped below (i.e minimal written assignments, shortest duration etc) Here are the options i have

a.)English Composition I or Foundations of English Composition

b.)Public Speaking or Communication at work

c.)Foundation of stats or Introduction to statistics

d.)Art History 1 or Art History 2 or Ancient Greek Philosophers or Intro To Ethics or VisualCommunications or Approaches to studying World Religions

e.) Intro to Psychology or Intro to Sociology or US history 1 or US history 2 

And if anyone can indicate how long they should approximately take to complete ? 

Thanks so much Smile

Visual Communications, Intro To Ethics, and Ancient Greek Philosophers are some of the fastest courses.

US History II is much easier than US history I because it doesn't require multiple answers for each question.  Skip U.S. History I if you can.

Art History 1, Art History 2, Intro to Psychology, Intro to Sociology should also be quick. 

World Religions isn't hard but I ended up dropping it because it was going to take longer than most courses to complete at least for me. 

Writing, Speaking and Stats courses will take the longest by far. 
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • Pikachu, RachelB
(10-14-2021, 09:29 PM)yellow_gambit Wrote: Appreciate the link lol but yeah i listed those courses because i know my uni accepts them...its just a matter of which ones are quickest in their respective categories, but thanks so much though Smile

Whats your 'uni'?

Also, Intro to Ethics and US History I was very quick IMO
(10-14-2021, 11:11 PM)LevelUP Wrote: ...
Ancient Greek Philosophers are some of the fastest courses.
Intro to Psychology, Intro to Sociology should also be quick. 

I wouldn't say that these are among the fastest courses. Intro to Psych and Intro to Sociology now require 2-3 touchstones each. Ancient Greek Philosophers requires ~ 1000 words touchstone. Still doable, but not as easy as it was in 2020.

Oh, I guess I need to clarify that I am talking about new versions of Intro to Psychlogy and Intro to Sociology (those with ridiculous names, diversity something-something and smarter decisions something). The old ones do not appear to be available anymore.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoStudentNoCry's post:
  • Pikachu
(10-15-2021, 12:35 AM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: I wouldn't say that these are among the fastest courses. Intro to Psych and Intro to Sociology now require 2-3 touchstones each. Ancient Greek Philosophers requires ~ 1000 words touchstone. Still doable, but not as easy as it was in 2020.

Oh, I guess I need to clarify that I am talking about new versions of Intro to Psychlogy and Intro to Sociology (those with ridiculous names, diversity something-something and smarter decisions something). The old ones do not appear to be available anymore.

Ya, that's right.  When I took Ancient Greek Philosophers there was no touchstone. 

The new Psychology and Sociology courses appear to be different.  I downloaded the old courses and the text doesn't match up.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(10-14-2021, 11:14 PM)variablejosh Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 09:29 PM)yellow_gambit Wrote: Appreciate the link lol but yeah i listed those courses because i know my uni accepts them...its just a matter of which ones are quickest in their respective categories, but thanks so much though Smile

Whats your 'uni'?

Also, Intro to Ethics and US History I was very quick IMO

Going to WGU for comp sci.. here are the courses they approve..im gonna do all the sophia classes i can so basically have to choose 1 from each section..the ones without multiple options i'll end up doing anyway..thats why i listed the ones that have multiple options because i didnt know which ones were the quickest Western Governors University (wgu.edu)
I'm surprised WGU actually allows foundation courses to be used.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 358 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 782 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,447 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,322 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 336 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 656 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 938 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 216 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 890 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 360 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle