Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest Sophia courses
Well folks, my Sophia subscription ends on March 1. I have to finish up my Macroeconomics course if I want the credit.  Yikes!  Do you think there are many other super easy courses I could get done in a few days?  I already took Environmental science and History.  Those both took three days.  How about Principles of Management?  And for some context, I don't really “need” any of them.  Just wanted to use my subscription that was available to me. ?   Kinda bummed that I let it sit untouched for a while.  But I don't plan on renewing.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • origamishuttle
Just about anything without a Touchstone or with just 1 or 2 Touchstones is going to be "fast" compared to the others. Personal Finance is pretty fast/easy and has information that could be useful to even mature students.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle, Vle045
Sophia.org is 'non-proctored', fastest would be the ones without a touchstone and in a subject area you have some interest in... I would skip the rest that you already have credit in or has more than 1 touchstone.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
Visual Communications and Intro to IT were my two fastest after Environmental Science. Best of luck!
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • Vle045
(02-25-2023, 11:03 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Just about anything without a Touchstone or with just 1 or 2 Touchstones is going to be "fast" compared to the others. Personal Finance is pretty fast/easy and has information that could be useful to even mature students.

Thanks. I will take a look at Finance

(02-25-2023, 12:15 PM)origamishuttle Wrote: Visual Communications and Intro to IT were my two fastest after Environmental Science. Best of luck!

Thanks.  Maybe I'll peek at communications.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)

• origamishuttle
Hmm... It really depends, I would recommend taking a course or two that will benefit you in the future, so for example, Project Management. Maybe a communication course, either Business, Visual, or Workplace... another option is Conflict Resolution, these will benefit you, it's an introduction to being a better communicator or project manager.

On the flip side, as I mentioned earlier it depends on your interest, if you're a 'fan' of Computers, History, Science, or whatever else they have, take two that somewhat overlap as you have most interest in those subject areas... So many different ways to get the courses you want under your belt, it comes down to personal interest or reasons most of the time.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
(02-25-2023, 02:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm... It really depends, I would recommend taking a course or two that will benefit you in the future, so for example, Project Management.  Maybe a communication course, either Business, Visual, or Workplace... another option is Conflict Resolution, these will benefit you, it's an introduction to being a better communicator or project manager.  

On the flip side, as I mentioned earlier it depends on your interest, if you're a 'fan' of Computers, History, Science, or whatever else they have, take two that somewhat overlap as you have most interest in those subject areas... So many different ways to get the courses you want under your belt, it comes down to personal interest or reasons most of the time.

Thank you. I already have conflict resolution.  I quit project management a while back, so I probably don't have time to have someone start it back up for me.  Undecided

I am pounding through macro today.  Interestingly, it is making me see some proposed local policies in a new light.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

• origamishuttle
Off the top of my head, “Quick” classes from personal experience that I would try in a day:
-developing effect teams
-visual communications
-intro to nutrition
-intro to information technology
-ancient Greek philosophers (the touchstone isn’t bad)
-art history 1
The list gets bigger if I’m looking at 2-3 days, or actually pull up transcripts to remember what all I’ve done.
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Pierpont: AAS BOG BUSINESS FOCUS 8/5/22
Excelsior: BS NUCLEAR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY 10/21/22
[-] The following 3 users Like Insert Name's post:
  • Infinite-Telephone52, origamishuttle, Vle045
Into to Web Development was super fast
(02-25-2023, 04:21 PM)Insert Name Wrote: Off the top of my head, “Quick” classes from personal experience that I would try in a day:
-developing effect teams
-visual communications
-intro to nutrition
-intro to information technology
-ancient Greek philosophers (the touchstone isn’t bad)
-art history 1
The list gets bigger if I’m looking at 2-3 days, or actually pull up transcripts to remember what all I’ve done.

Hello, 

I'm currently doing the BA in English at UMPI and trying to knock out the easiest courses first... Do you think you can help list a few more?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 341 Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 768 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,345 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,310 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 325 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 647 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 917 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 214 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 886 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 690 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM