Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest platform for three courses
Hi guys,

I work full time and it is really hard to study in a library for CLEP exams. I have tried but it killed my desire to get these credits done .

I need credits for calculus, statistics and microeconomics. Which platform would be the fastest and widely accepted? 

I want to use to those credits in order to get admitted into Finance/Economics masters. I am currently missing those courses from my undergrad as I finished law school.

Any help and recommendation is appreciated!
I think https://www.sophia.org/ is best fit your needs.
[-] The following 2 users Like thodeptrai's post:
  • BitWiseGuy, jbrower
Sophia will definitely be the fastest and most widely accepted, if they accept them. Not all schools accept ACE credits.

If you need CLEP, have you tried ModernStates? It would make the exams free and you study at the same time. Win-win.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
(12-01-2022, 03:11 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Sophia will definitely be the fastest and most widely accepted, if they accept them. Not all schools accept ACE credits.

If you need CLEP, have you tried ModernStates? It would make the exams free and you study at the same time. Win-win.
I actually don’t need schools to count them for a future education. I just need them to be satisfied with the grades I get for those courses so they will be okay to admit me for the master’s.

I will check out modernstates. Thank you!
(12-01-2022, 05:06 PM)warriorlawyer Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 03:11 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Sophia will definitely be the fastest and most widely accepted, if they accept them. Not all schools accept ACE credits.

I actually don’t need schools to count them for a future education. I just need them to be satisfied with the grades I get for those courses so they will be okay to admit me for the master’s.

I will check out modernstates. Thank you!
I would double check with your prospective master's program(s) to see that they would consider alternative credits like CLEP and Sophia(ACE). 

Many grad programs want prerequisites to be in the form of graded credits from an RA institution.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
If you need a grade for these courses for grad school, CLEP may not work. I would check with the grad school and get confirmation in writing.
Agree with everyone else - ACE credit courses, including CLEP, do not give grades. My guess is, you're going to need to find these courses at an actual college.

My vote: ASU Universal Learner for Calculus & Microeconomics - you can get your grade before deciding whether to put the credits on a transcript; Calc has 2 options, and both are self-paced through ALEKS. For stats, there's no CLEP anway; it's available via Outlier/UofPittsburg for $600; via Westcott Courses/UMassGlobal for $500, self-paced; eCore for $159/cr (GA online system, self-paced - also has Calc); Portage Learning/Geneva College for $223/cr, self-paced.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
If you're going to use alternative credit, you may need to get it put on a college transcript before applying, but that by no means the masters program will accept them. You should really contact admissions for the master's program and discuss this with them frankly. That's the only way to be sure.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(12-01-2022, 11:14 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Agree with everyone else - ACE credit courses, including CLEP, do not give grades.  My guess is, you're going to need to find these courses at an actual college.

My vote: ASU Universal Learner for Calculus & Microeconomics - you can get your grade before deciding whether to put the credits on a transcript; Calc has 2 options, and both are self-paced through ALEKS.  For stats, there's no CLEP anway; it's available via Outlier/UofPittsburg for $600; via Westcott Courses/UMassGlobal for $500, self-paced; eCore for $159/cr (GA online system, self-paced - also has Calc); Portage Learning/Geneva College for $223/cr, self-paced.

Any review on Outlier? I found it couple months ago but there is not enough review online so I was not really sure about it. It seems a good option as it provides the transcript from Pittsburg.
ASU is cheaper than Outlier and you get a real ASU transcript. A few students here have done Outlier, but it's hard to justify the increased price compared to ASU now.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,324 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 891 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 690 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,509 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,842 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,040 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 575 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 328 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 701 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat