Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fin. Acct. Clep prep suggest?
Hello all. Im new to forum. Recently, I clepped out with a 40 and was surprised at the level of difficulty. I promise I know >75% of the book's theory, but I need practice on formulas and application. Any ideas or references or books. Im all ears.  Huh
Before retaking a CELP exam, I wonder why you're taking Financial Accounting. Are you planning on transferring the credits to a college? If so which college and which degree. If this is for fun, I'm not sure accounting is a topic that would be fun or easy for lots of folks. If you need the credits there are other methods of getting the credits such as through Sophia, InstantCert, or Study.com.
I deleted your attachment since it has your actual name on it. Feel free to attach a new one if you want, with your name edited out.

Is UT Permean Basin where you plan to transfer the CLEP credits to or is it where you took the exam? If it's where you want to send the credits, definitely check to see if they'll accept Sophia or Study.com. I know TAMUC accepts SDC/Sophia directly, while South Texas College accepts them if they've been transcripted by another university first (which is a bit weird, but whatever).

If you must use a CLEP exam, did you use ModernStates and/or FreeCLEPPrep to study? InstantCert also has Financial Accounting study guides: https://instantcert.com/clep_study_guides
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-16-2022, 03:36 PM)Navpers_05 Wrote: Hello all. Im new to forum. Recently, I clepped out with a 40 and was surprised at the level of difficulty. I promise I know >75% of the book's theory, but I need practice on formulas and application. Any ideas or references or books. Im all ears.  Huh

"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth", Mike Tyson. 

The civilian pass rate for that exam is only 55%, the military is only 14%, and Instantcert is 91%
https://www.instantcert.com/articles/art...Pass-Rates

There is no one book for CLEPs. It's all about studying the RIGHT things. It's physically impossible to memorize word for word in a small print 1000 page book.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(03-16-2022, 04:04 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(03-16-2022, 03:36 PM)Navpers_05 Wrote: Hello all. Im new to forum. Recently, I clepped out with a 40 and was surprised at the level of difficulty. I promise I know >75% of the book's theory, but I need practice on formulas and application. Any ideas or references or books. Im all ears.  Huh

"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth", Mike Tyson. 

The civilian pass rate for that exam is only 55%, the military is only 14%, and Instantcert is 91%
https://www.instantcert.com/articles/art...Pass-Rates

There is no one book for CLEPs. It's all about studying the RIGHT things. It's physically impossible to memorize word for word in a small print 1000 page book.
The problem is not memorizing word for word, but the connotation in the questions. Ivy league almost deranged questions with answer choices that test concept and concept errors to the limit. Youd be better off taking the course on a quarter sem basis than waste time on clep. 

Im ex military. All I need is 10 more questions worth of examples and Im through.

Will look at your your references and report back my success if anyone is interested. 

Fyi. I dropped the UTPB Fin acct class right before test 1 and project 1 with a 90 in lieu of clep, and even then it was taking 6 to 9 hours a week of homework. Calculating Cash and Capital is difficult.  Idea
Sophia's Accounting (which is Financial Accounting) takes maybe 9-12 hours total. Study.com and InstantCert might take a little longer.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CLEP transcript question NOX 3 79 Yesterday, 10:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CLEP Scores Change from 20 years to 10 natshar 2 144 04-14-2024, 10:14 PM
  Can CLEP, SDC, Sophia be considered Education Credit Expenses? bruh 1 117 04-13-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  CLEP Economics marinereef 3 262 04-05-2024, 01:46 PM
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 206 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 527 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 890 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 567 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 732 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 463 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill