Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally Graduating from Excelsior University
I wanted to thank everyone on this forum that helped me with every annoying question I posted.  I started browsing the internet in August of 2022, looking for a way to complete my bachelor’s degree quickly.  Initially, I found the search overwhelming until I found this forum.  When I started browsing this forum, I quickly realized I could complete my college degree.  I chose Excelsior University and transferred every class they allowed from Sophia and Coopersmith as per the guidance of the great people on this forum.  I took my first two classes at Excelsior in January.  The Cornerstone and Information Literacy were an eye opener to the Excelsior University Platform.  I finished both courses in 8 weeks and started my Capstone course in March, which was demanding because of time constraints but not a challenging course.  I just handed in my final class video presentation on my global research project.  Again, Thank you to everyone on this forum for your guidance.  I am truly grateful.
[-] The following 8 users Like new2this's post:
  • allvia, CatsDomino, frankc, origamishuttle, rachel83az, ss20ts, TwinMom, withrown
Congrats! You put the hard work into the degree and you were able to complete it in just a few months! Not many have finished at Excelsior until recently, they're a viable option for those who have many ACE/NCCRS credits that want to transfer the bulk into the BSLA. Congrats again! I forget, I can't remember... Which did you complete, was it the BSLA? If you have the energy/time, you might want to post 'how' you did it for reference for future degree seekers, there are plans for UMPI, TESU and so on, but very less for Excelsior... My guess is that you took about 6-8 Coopersmith courses for the Upper Level requirements?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • CatsDomino
I agree, stating what degree you got, and then posting what EU brought your Coopersmith courses in as would be nice - people are always looking for up-to-date info on that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • TwinMom
(04-27-2023, 11:06 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Congrats! You put the hard work into the degree and you were able to complete it in just a few months!  Not many have finished at Excelsior until recently, they're a viable option for those who have many ACE/NCCRS credits that want to transfer the bulk into the BSLA.  Congrats again!  I forget, I can't remember... Which did you complete, was it the BSLA?  If you have the energy/time, you might want to post 'how' you did it for reference for future degree seekers, there are plans for UMPI, TESU and so on, but very less for Excelsior... My guess is that you took about 6-8 Coopersmith courses for the Upper Level requirements?

I finished with a bachelors degree in liberal arts.  I completed a lot of FEMA classes and combined credits from the three previous brick and mortar colleges I attended.  Excelsior accepted 97 credits.  I then used my Mapp Planner thanks to this forum to complete classes at Sophia.org.  I completed environmental science, us history 1, us history 2, ethics, college algebra, into to web design, visual communications, and conflict resolution.  This left me with 113 credits.  I still needed 6 Upper level arts and sciences credits.  I took 1 Coopersmith course PSY 305 and passed with a 97.  My capstone would cover the remaining 3 arts an sciences upper level credits.
Cool, that's similar to a couple of members and a few others, they had plenty of other RA credits to come through from transfers, I'm just looking to see if there are some newer students who have graduated with more ACE/NCCRS credits... It's all cool, congrats again!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 546 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 1,029 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,771 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,807 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,424 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,381 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,173 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,874 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,386 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Excelsior changes alsimko 2 1,109 04-08-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: frankc