Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally enrolling at TESU
I'm finishing up my Technical Communications class at WGU today, so all that is left in the BS NOS program for me is the capstone.  I started the application process to TESU so I can start working on the BSBA-GM degree.  I don't have any questions, I just wanted to give a big thanks to JSD for the consolidated transcript template that he produced.  I didn't have that consolidated transcript when I applied to WGU, so I had a hell of a time trying to remember all of the places I have college credit at.  Now, whenever I apply to a new school, I can use this template as a checklist to make sure I don't miss anything.  I made some slight adjustments to his template to include IT certifications and to give a better visual separation between different sections of the report.  I'm attaching a PDF version here for thoughts and feedback. And I'm already aware, I have a crappy GPA, poor life choices when I was younger.

Once again, thank you JSD, you're a lifesaver!

(09-22-2019, 04:28 PM)jamshid666 Wrote: I'm finishing up my Technical Communications class at WGU today, so all that is left in the BS NOS program for me is the capstone.  I started the application process to TESU so I can start working on the BSBA-GM degree.  I don't have any questions, I just wanted to give a big thanks to JSD for the consolidated transcript template that he produced.  I didn't have that consolidated transcript when I applied to WGU, so I had a hell of a time trying to remember all of the places I have college credit at.  Now, whenever I apply to a new school, I can use this template as a checklist to make sure I don't miss anything.  I made some slight adjustments to his template to include IT certifications and to give a better visual separation between different sections of the report.  I'm attaching a PDF version here for thoughts and feedback.  And I'm already aware, I have a crappy GPA, poor life choices when I was younger.

And I made one more change: I added estimated dates to the place holder classes and highlighted items that are planned or in-progress.

Attached Files
.pdf   JLW - DegreeForum Omni Transcript.pdf (Size: 610.44 KB / Downloads: 61)
.pdf   JLW - DegreeForum Omni Transcript.pdf (Size: 621.18 KB / Downloads: 30)
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
[-] The following 3 users Like jamshid666's post:
  • MSK9, ROYISAGIRL, tesu-acct-student
Wow. This is really good. I like how you have everything planned out. You really maximized your prior credit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • jamshid666
(09-22-2019, 04:28 PM)jamshid666 Wrote: I'm finishing up my Technical Communications class at WGU today, so all that is left in the BS NOS program for me is the capstone.  I started the application process to TESU so I can start working on the BSBA-GM degree.  I don't have any questions, I just wanted to give a big thanks to JSD for the consolidated transcript template that he produced.  I didn't have that consolidated transcript when I applied to WGU, so I had a hell of a time trying to remember all of the places I have college credit at.  Now, whenever I apply to a new school, I can use this template as a checklist to make sure I don't miss anything.  I made some slight adjustments to his template to include IT certifications and to give a better visual separation between different sections of the report.  I'm attaching a PDF version here for thoughts and feedback. And I'm already aware, I have a crappy GPA, poor life choices when I was younger.

(09-22-2019, 04:28 PM)jamshid666 Wrote: I'm finishing up my Technical Communications class at WGU today, so all that is left in the BS NOS program for me is the capstone.  I started the application process to TESU so I can start working on the BSBA-GM degree.  I don't have any questions, I just wanted to give a big thanks to JSD for the consolidated transcript template that he produced.  I didn't have that consolidated transcript when I applied to WGU, so I had a hell of a time trying to remember all of the places I have college credit at.  Now, whenever I apply to a new school, I can use this template as a checklist to make sure I don't miss anything.  I made some slight adjustments to his template to include IT certifications and to give a better visual separation between different sections of the report.  I'm attaching a PDF version here for thoughts and feedback.  And I'm already aware, I have a crappy GPA, poor life choices when I was younger.

And I made one more change: I added estimated dates to the place holder classes and highlighted items that are planned or in-progress.
I really like what you did here! You and JSD have now got me wanting to do this with mine since I do feel like I miss some of my schools or credits when I send out transcripts Smile
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • jamshid666
If you finish the WGU bachelor before finishing TESU won't you be required to obtain 24 new credits, or am I missing something? - https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/award-of-degrees
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Considering I still need 8 more classes from Study.com plus the TESU capstone, that should not be an issue. And if I need to take another class or two from SDC on top of that or a CLEP or two, that won't be too much of a set back.
John L. Watson
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamshid666's post:
  • allvia
Don't start any courses you'll need at TESU until after your degree is conferred. TESU will only bring in credit for AFTER that date.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks for the advice everyone. So, until I finish my degree at WGU, I should either pause my Study.com subscription or only take classes that aren't applicable to my degree at TESU.
John L. Watson
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
Important!!! Thigns to keep in mind. If you already hold a bachleors degree. Tesu will waive all gen eds including sos-110. The only courses you will need to do is any core, degree required courses and the aos. Also tesu only allows two bachelor's degrees max so since you have one you can only get one from tesu.
[-] The following 2 users Like natshar's post:
  • akr680, MrBossmanJr

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 429 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 414 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 433 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,258 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 244 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,172 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 225 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 351 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 295 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 270 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27