Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally moving forward with TESC!
Well, I finally bit the bullet to start my journey for a BSBA in General Management with TESC. I figured I would initiate the process by doing the credit evaluation for $75 and am having all previous transcripts sent to TESC.
I am having transcripts sent in from 4 locations:

EMI - I have some FEMA courses and continue to take courses as my position now requires it.

SMART - For my Navy schooling.

CC - Community College prior to service, honestly can't remember actual credits, possibly 3, hence me joining the service.

CC - Another Community College for my Basic Peace Officer program, which I then became a Certified Texas Peace Officer, which I am no longer.

I am thinking I will have a high number for electives.

Anyway, I wanted to share my start and to keep my motivation up as I am 41. Still a young buck, but with 3 kids, wife, critical position with company, I am always busy, but I know I can do it.

And as my username says, "OneDayDegree" will happen.
Awesome man! I am also at TESC.
I applied back in December and will be done very very soon. I think I just have 1 test left to take. This site will help a lot but nothing will help more than your desire to succeed and keeping your eye on the ball.

I just turned 35 last month so I am in a similar situation with a great job and no degree.

I am working on the BSBA CIS. You can complete the BSBA general with almost all testing out through CLEP and DANTES tests. Use the search to find people's degree plans.

Do all the CLEP business tests, the DSST business tests, CLEP macro and micro and get those under your belt. You can do statistics on ALEKs and college algebra too. I used straighterline.com for business comm, accounting I and II and used Penn Foster for financial management and 2 computer classes, systems analysis and systems design.

Enjoy the journey, when its over or near over you will feel a bit of longing for the quest. I know I do and I'm not technically even done yet!
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Thanks Ryoder. My goal is 2-4 tests per month starting next month which gives me a few of weeks to study. I am also going to sign up with IC.

I am essentially going to have to take all Gen Ed. requirements, of those which is the best to start with and get the confidence level up?

Thanks!
TESC has recieved 2 of 4 transcripts. How long does it take to show up on the Academic Evaulation link after they recieved ?

Also, I noticed on transcripts recieved, it lists my High School. Am I to have my high school transcript sent too?
Hey ODD

I've applied at EC around the time of your initial post. EC received my transcripts and I'm told it maybe 2-3 weeks from Feb 15th before I get my unofficial Eval. Then Enroll, Official Eval etc so about 1-2 months maybe.

After waiting a decade or two, I suppose I can't ask for a quicker turn around time.

I've started purchasing iPad apps, mostly the Freebies so lots of Vocab's with the letter "A". ;-) Also purchased an app for CLEP Sociology from Upward Mobility. I like the layout and wish I could do all of my reading on the iPad but I have to compete for the iPad time with my toddler. heh.

I've been knocking out the FEMA exams then paying for the FCC transcripts.
I may start with DSST Intro to Computer & MIS etc instead of jumping in to CLEP but I'm not sure yet. Joining/signing up for IC crossed my mind as well.

I'd like to compare notes as we progress since our current roadmap seems to indicate similar starting points. I'm targeting a BSLS with EC based on many nights of forum reading.

JC
TESC said it takes 4 weeks to show up on your academic evaluation after they're received the transcript. Good luck on your journey by the way. I am in a similar spot. I am 40 with three kids, but I am a stay at home mother. One of my biggest regrets has always been finishing my degree so I am on my way. I have taken two CLEP exams so far and one DSST exam and am loving this process. The people on this forum are incredible. They are very selfless and so helpful. I LOVE the IC flashcards. They led me to a passing grade on Western Europe since 1945 DSST exam. I have about 10 more exams and then 3 class at TESC until I am done. I had my academic evaluation completed and I recently applied for financial aid to enroll at TESC since I think the testing period will be shorter than I expected. I would advise to wait to officially enroll at TESC until you have done at least some of your testing because once you enroll, you only have one year to finish without having to pay another year of tuition. There is so much good information on these message boards regarding what classes fit in what subject area. Well good luck on your journey and I hope you find it as fulfilling as I am finding mine.
48 B&M credits from 1988-1990
On my way to a BA in History from TESC

CLEP exams taken
College Mathematics - 67
Western Civilization II - 64
History of the United States I - 62
Spanish - 64 (12 credits!!!)
History of the United States II - 68
Social Sciences and History - 59
Humanities - 57
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature - 64

DSST exams taken
Western Europe since 1945 - 60
Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union - 65
History of the Vietnam War - 59
Intro to Computing - 432
Modern Middle East - 52

Excelsior Exam
World Conflicts since 1900 - B

next up... TESC course War and American Society, Intro to Nutrition TECEP and and than finally BA in History!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,635 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  I finally get to create this thread...! Joeman200 9 1,953 03-17-2018, 09:18 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Finally! Finishing TESU BA in Computer Science by May! Wittiest 5 1,387 02-24-2018, 01:27 AM
Last Post: rlw74
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,448 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,194 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,986 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  finally done! CM1999 9 1,553 01-04-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,347 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
  TESU - Moving Credits Into the Proper Slots quigongene 10 2,539 12-20-2017, 12:10 AM
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,765 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138