Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Finished.. Done! Can't wait for graduation!!
Thanks everyone,

My wife completed her BGS courses during the last week of classes. I think the Organizational Leadership major is easier than her General Studies program that she completed.
We will both head to Commerce on Friday so we can walk on Saturday at 2pm. I know we both feel the same way, and never thought we would be able to obtain a Bachelor's degree.
Again, I would like to thank this forum and my friends for support.
If you are reading this and are unsure about starting college later in life, just go ahead and give it a try, If I can complete these classes, so can you. I wish I would have done this years ago.

Completed:
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
SJC AAS Automotive Technology
[-] The following 7 users Like ltw900rr's post:
  • allvia, CatsDomino, HoustonGuy, Jonathan Whatley, LevelUP, mr_peanutbutter, txc1500
Congratulations to both of you! Huzzah huzzah!
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • ltw900rr
Well how was Commencement?

Here is the graduation video. 

We drove up on Friday, Commerce takes about 5 hours to get to from Houston.

We stayed at an airbnb in Ladonia about a 15 minute drive from the college.

It was a small cabin on 30 acres sitting on the edge of a 5 acre pond. Our son was able to come home from college in time to join us for graduation. I was able to play some disc golf at the TAMUC outdoor center before graduation on Saturday with my son, it was a tough course and we only played the front 9 holes. I went to my son's college and played disc golf with him there during his first semester. Neither one of us are pros, but we have a good time together and it is much better than sitting around the house.

We arrived at the graduation ceremony one hour early on Saturday and met with my wife's parents and my aunt and uncle who came to see us graduate. We checked in and went to our staging location to receive our name card and I received my Summa Cum Laude medal to wear during graduation. Once the graduation started, it took just less than one hour to be complete. We met back up with family after graduation and took some pictures on the campus, then we went and ate Mexican food with my wife's parents and celebrated with a few adult beverages.

My wife and I had a great time, and we were both glad to finally finish our Bachelor's degrees and to actually walk. My son has 2 years left in his Mechanical Engineering program, and we can wait to see him graduate! 

We have also encouraged our oldest son to get started with his Associates degree and then work towards his Bachelor's. We both hope he will do it, but that decision is up to him.

I was trying to post some pictures, but the website was not happy with my file sizes.

I was not able to upload photos, so here is a Youtube of a few of the pictures.
You can see a few pictures of the cabin and the area around it.
There are a couple of the adventure center parking lot, this is where we went to play disc golf.
And one picture of my wife and I after graduation.

[-] The following 3 users Like ltw900rr's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, LevelUP, txc1500
(05-14-2024, 05:56 PM)ltw900rr Wrote:

Here is the graduation video. 

We drove up on Friday, Commerce takes about 5 hours to get to from Houston.

We stayed at an airbnb in Ladonia about a 15 minute drive from the college.

It was a small cabin on 30 acres sitting on the edge of a 5 acre pond. Our son was able to come home from college in time to join us for graduation. I was able to play some disc golf at the TAMUC outdoor center before graduation on Saturday with my son, it was a tough course and we only played the front 9 holes. I went to my son's college and played disc golf with him there during his first semester. Neither one of us are pros, but we have a good time together and it is much better than sitting around the house.

We arrived at the graduation ceremony one hour early on Saturday and met with my wife's parents and my aunt and uncle who came to see us graduate. We checked in and went to our staging location to receive our name card and I received my Summa Cum Laude medal to wear during graduation. Once the graduation started, it took just less than one hour to be complete. We met back up with family after graduation and took some pictures on the campus, then we went and ate Mexican food with my wife's parents and celebrated with a few adult beverages.

My wife and I had a great time, and we were both glad to finally finish our Bachelor's degrees and to actually walk. My son has 2 years left in his Mechanical Engineering program, and we can wait to see him graduate! 

We have also encouraged our oldest son to get started with his Associates degree and then work towards his Bachelor's. We both hope he will do it, but that decision is up to him.

I was trying to post some pictures, but the website was not happy with my file sizes.

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time. 

You can upload to Imgbb, then:
right-click, copy the image address, and use the image URL when you click on "insert an image" in a post.

https://imgbb.com/
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • ltw900rr
We did have a great time.
Hopefully both of the videos I posted worked.
The 1st one shows the graduation ceremony.
The 2nd one was my alternative to not posting pictures (haha)

@Reymysterioso

Or here is a link to the commencement announcement since you were unable to attend
link to commencement program

Completed:
[-] The following 1 user Likes ltw900rr's post:
  • LevelUP
(05-14-2024, 06:17 PM)ltw900rr Wrote: We did have a great time.
Hopefully both of the videos I posted worked.
The 1st one shows the graduation ceremony.
The 2nd one was my alternative to not posting pictures (haha)

@Reymysterioso

Or here is a link to the commencement announcement since you were unable to attend
link to commencement program

Looks like y'all had a great time! I was there also but we stayed in Rockwall on Friday and Saturday and ended up at a steakhouse in Dallas after the commencement ceremony.
Texas A&M University-Commerce: M.S. Organization, Learning, and Technologies '25
Texas A&M University-Commerce: BAAS Organizational Leadership, Summa Cum Laude 
Universidad Internacional Isabel I De Castilla/ENEB-MBA Master of Business Administration
Pierpont Community and Technical College: AAS BOG, AOE Criminal Justice 

[-] The following 1 user Likes txc1500's post:
  • ltw900rr
(05-07-2024, 05:37 AM)ltw900rr Wrote: Thanks everyone,

My wife completed her BGS courses during the last week of classes. I think the Organizational Leadership major is easier than her General Studies program that she completed.
We will both head to Commerce on Friday so we can walk on Saturday at 2pm. I know we both feel the same way, and never thought we would be able to obtain a Bachelor's degree.
Again, I would like to thank this forum and my friends for support.
If you are reading this and are unsure about starting college later in life, just go ahead and give it a try, If I can complete these classes, so can you. I wish I would have done this years ago.

Could you talk about why you think OL is easier than BGS?
Also, what courses did she have to take at TAMUC that are not part of the 4 major courses?
And would any Sophia or Study courses count as an elective?
Thank you!
(05-14-2024, 11:17 PM)btc2moon Wrote: Could you talk about why you think OL is easier than BGS?
Also, what courses did she have to take at TAMUC that are not part of the 4 major courses?
And would any Sophia or Study courses count as an elective?
Thank you!

https://www.tamuc.edu/programs/general-s...ncy-based/

She was required to take the same number of hours for her major as I was in ORGL. In BGS, you have a list of general classes to pick from for your major. We talked about or classes as we completed them, and I felt ORGL was easier, and I was able to find more resources online (Quizlet etc) to help if I had trouble answering a question. I feel that more people have completed ORGL, and because of that, more information has been shared online. Also, many of the classes in ORGL related to other business or management type courses, and that allowed you to find information on-line.

When my wife got stuck in a class and we tried to find information online, there were times we could not find what we needed. I never felt that way in ORGL.

I am not sure if that helps or not, but we have 3 more friends who are planning on starting TAMUC. I have suggested ORGL to all 3.

(05-14-2024, 10:52 PM)txc1500 Wrote: Looks like y'all had a great time! I was there also but we stayed in Rockwall on Friday and Saturday and ended up at a steakhouse in Dallas after the commencement ceremony.

My wife stayed in Rockwall for a conference a few months back, and we drove back through Rockwall on the way home. A steakhouse would have been great! But if the inlaws are paying, I could not complain about a Mexican restaurant with cold drinks!

There are some nice areas in that part of Texas, especially around the lakes. We never spent time up there before, but plan to stay at some campgrounds (state parks) in the area.

Completed:
[-] The following 1 user Likes ltw900rr's post:
  • LevelUP

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thank you DegreeForum! - I finished my BSIT program at Purdue Global! ClockworkHammer 12 1,593 08-25-2022, 01:00 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Liberty University Graduation Info. eriehiker 0 771 04-30-2021, 09:15 PM
Last Post: eriehiker