Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flunked And Not By Just Alittle
libartsmgr Wrote:"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." ~Theordore Roosevelt
this is such a great quote, thanks for sharing.
Dawn
Taking the Road Less Traveled
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Starts with The First CLEP

BS-Psychology - Excelsior College
Enrolled in the School of Business, BS in Accounting
After MIS I'll be halfway there!
72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
Withholding 6 Credits for Accounting = 120 for Psychology
12 credits completed toward my accounting degree
yutzyj Wrote:this is such a great quote, thanks for sharing.

You're welcome, Dawn. May it remind us all of our efforts.
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
siersema Wrote:Have you taken the Environment & Humanity DSST? I used it for 3 science credits at Excelsior. It was a very doable test.

I needed three credits to in science to complete my AS Degree. I planned on studying and take the Enviroment and Humanity DSST. Since I assumed it would be easier then the BIO exam.
Has anyone else taken the Environment and Humanities DSST test using only IC. I've been reviewing the IC and ordered the Rudmans questions and answers. They are definately two different beasts. If Rudman's hold true to the exam then IC is way off the mark and is bare bones at best. Or it could be that Rudmans if way off the mark. I even went back thru IC and did comparisons. There is no way to answer even 10 percent of the questions using IC. Anyone have any insight.
thanks Chosin01
I took Environment and Humanity and passed with an A. I used InstantCert and PassYourClass. I've used PassYourClass as supplemental study material for a number of tests, and think it's usually a waste of money. However, I think it was useful with E&H.
tcc Wrote:I took Environment and Humanity and passed with an A.

[SIZE="5"]Congrats!!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
chosin01 Wrote:I needed three credits to in science to complete my AS Degree. I planned on studying and take the Enviroment and Humanity DSST. Since I assumed it would be easier then the BIO exam.
Has anyone else taken the Environment and Humanities DSST test using only IC. I've been reviewing the IC and ordered the Rudmans questions and answers. They are definately two different beasts. If Rudman's hold true to the exam then IC is way off the mark and is bare bones at best. Or it could be that Rudmans if way off the mark. I even went back thru IC and did comparisons. There is no way to answer even 10 percent of the questions using IC. Anyone have any insight.
thanks Chosin01

Chosin,

I also took E&H and passed with a 70 using Instantcert, and some additional research on Wikipedia.

Wikipedia is a fantastic free resource for researching terms, names, concepts etc.

Best of luck,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
snazzlefrag Wrote:Chosin,

I also took E&H and passed with a 70 using Instantcert, and some additional research on Wikipedia.

Wikipedia is a fantastic free resource for researching terms, names, concepts etc.

Best of luck,
Snazzlefrag

Thanks for everyones input. Much appreciated.
Completed
Bachelor of Science Liberal Arts, Excelsior College
Magna Cum Laude, GPA: 3.88Smile
Associates of Science Computer Technology, Excelsior College
Highest Honors GPA: 3.95Smile
Planned:
MBA St Leo University Aug 08.
No need to apolgize..

its time to bunker down and take another test..

Biology would be a good one.

But Astronomy would be another good one.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]______________________________________________
Frank
3 More Credits to Go
1 Dantes Test Down/1 Clep Test Down
CCAF Audiovisual Production
1 More CLEPSmile
Then its on to National American University, Applied Management.. 12 Credits away from AAS.
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
ChristaKB Wrote:Just sorry you missed it, but, on the bright side: you are only 3 credits away from graduation, you can do this. Did you consider taking an online summer class at a local college?

If you haven't taken College Algebra, I can help you out. I am NOT a star in math, but my college taught a class on line (you never have to go to the college) that was so easy, I couldn't help but pass with an A. hilarious

I think they have a 4 week summer class starting next week or so that is very doable. Let me know if you are interested or need more info.

Hang in there, you are SOOOO CLOSE!

Christa

Yeah .,.. what school was that? LOL
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]______________________________________________
Frank
3 More Credits to Go
1 Dantes Test Down/1 Clep Test Down
CCAF Audiovisual Production
1 More CLEPSmile
Then its on to National American University, Applied Management.. 12 Credits away from AAS.
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
overcome this challenge...look the demon in the eyes and press on toward the goal and remember...WINNERS NEVER QUIT...Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELP!! Flunked the Health DSST practice exam! mistae 7 1,371 10-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lindagerr
  Penn Foster...alittle confused RBOWMAN 28 6,539 01-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Last Post: bat21
  Okay let's do alittle Clep busting RBOWMAN 10 7,220 11-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Last Post: snazzlefrag
  Oops! I Flunked A Fema Test!!! RBOWMAN 4 9,770 05-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Urbannaja