Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foundations of Educations DSST
I am looking for feedback from people who have taken the Foundations of Education DSST test. What were your thoughts on the test? Was it hard? I have 2 hours of electives to fill, and this test has a high pass rate at my school. Typically I like taking test for subjects that somewhat interest me, but if this is one that doesn't require a lot of studying, it may sway me that direction. Any feedback helps, thanks forum!

BMAD
Are you a paid IC member? Try the Specific Exam Feedback. It's always very helpful.
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
I am a member. There isn't much feedback on that particular exam. Nor are there many study guides. On all the other subject tests I've taken, there has been a lot more feedback. I was hoping to capture some information from the general audience.
I see. Are you looking for more suggestions for more easy tests? CLEP Introductory Psychology, DSST Technical Writing, and DSST Introduction to Computing were pretty easy.
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
Actually, i was looking for feedback on this exam as well, and there isn't even a topic on it.

Nor is there a Peterson's exam on this. Any ideas (other than the prometric website) where to look for a practice exam on this?
OK, I'm going to update this thread, cause it NEEDS one:

First and foremost, I was right in my last post: because this is a Dantes Exam, this test is scored out of 400, so be wary of that. I don't really know what that means in terms of right answers needed to pass. It's out of 100 questions.

Secondly, while the ICP flashcards and the review on the thread (and it IS there, just search for it using "foundations of education" in the advanced search box) was extremely helpful (I also bought a DSST exam book from Mometrix), there was a TON of things on the test I had never seen before:

Intellectual design and its relation to Creationism/Religion
The relationship of Darwinism to teachers
John Scopes
Parochial school
Cyber school (advantages)
What corporation is the biggest contributor to education globally
What two theories see IQ as more hereditary
National Board of Professional Teaching Standards
Thomas Jefferson's "Bill for More General Diffusion of Knowledge"

Things I didn't see:
Committee of 10
Cardinal Rules
Bloom, Maslow, or Erikson's theories

In addition, things that weren't expressed on other people's test came up in bulk on mine:
No Child Left Behind was all over this test
Much more court cases than just Plessy v. Ferg & Brown v. Board of Ed (I could swore Hernandez v. Texas was one)
Know disabled children in-and-out
A lot of questions on Native Americans (I remember at least four)

Look, I'm not saying the info given in that thread wasn't useful - it was. But for the updated version on this test, you're going to have to dig deeper in education for this one. Oh, yeah....ELIMINATION of asnwers is your greatest ally on this test

All that being said.....I got 402. Passed by the hairs of my chinny chin-chin, so I'm with it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister B.'s post:
  • Life Long Learning
So I have my exam today in 5 hrs
All I did was review instantcert questions

That's not enough?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 144 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  Military CLEP/DSST transcript issues defscarlett 4 447 01-10-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  DSST can't insert school code when remote proctoring. Carnation 1 202 11-01-2023, 10:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DSST Transcript help needed GameSlinger 5 766 08-15-2023, 02:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Taking DSST Ethics In Technology Exam Tomorrow Kyler 0 458 07-03-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kyler
  I got a 71/100 on dsst ethics in tech practice Kyler 3 624 06-26-2023, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Kyler
  DSST Exam Prep Brittanyw1028 5 843 06-09-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Carnation
  DSST Exam Prep Brittanyw1028 0 844 06-08-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Brittanyw1028
Wink Has anyone here attempted the Geography DSST examination? Judy Stone 0 507 05-21-2023, 06:46 AM
Last Post: Judy Stone
  Lessons Required to Study for DSST Art of the Western World Stacie 8 1,288 07-22-2022, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Stacie