Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free 3 Credits - Introduction to Fundamentals of MBA
While looking through the Amity MOOC and trying to painstakingly register for their free BA program, I discovered that Amity Online is offering a free three-credit course called Introduction to the Fundamentals of MBA. Based on my experience with Amity, they do seem to have a history of offering free classes, but this may be the first one that carries actual graduate credit.

Amity University has WASC accreditation, but I'm not sure if their online programs carry the same weight. Unlike their online degrees which has the Uttar Pradesh campus indicated on the degree, this one seems to be just "Amity University Online". There is also no indication about the transferability of these credits, but hey, free is free.

https://application.amityonline.com/pre-mba/
I tried to sign up for the MOOC and never got a confirmation email from them. Doesn't inspire me in regards to the rest of their offerings...
When finished does this end up on an Amity transcript?
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
When I applied the email said this:

In this email you will find information for ensuring you have smooth access to the Introduction to MBA Fundamentals program on our world class learning management system called Amigo.By successfully completing this program and earning your certificate, you will earn 3 academic credits which will be exempt from your MBA program once you wish to apply.

It maybe one of those courses where it'll apply to the program only when you finish.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

It says the pre mba course is equivalent to a 3 credit hour course. In other words, it is equal to a 3 credit course but it doesn't say they are giving away credits after completion. Read carefully folks!
I tried to take their courses before. I struggled with content- it didnt load, videos froze in the middle. It wasnt my internet connection for sure. I have excellent internet. I gave up on their courses after that. Maybe someone will have better experience
Can you transfer this credit to a US university program?

EDIT: I realized they give you 3 credits ONLY when you apply to their MBA program... so if you're not going to apply to their program, you'll just get their certificate.
As with most of these "free" credit offers from RA schools, they'll only give you credit towards a degree with them. You'll see the same thing in almost every thread like this. The school doesn't want you to do a hit and run. Genuine no-strings-attached deals are very rare.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 66 15,917 04-09-2024, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  SMC name change to Signum Magnum College - Free MBA?! bjcheung77 6 655 04-03-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 1,035 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  MIT University just released free online courses. KSoul 0 476 02-14-2024, 04:33 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  Masters level credits from Sophia and others? jb111 24 1,793 02-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Strategies to aquire 18 credits and teach jb111 5 408 02-05-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,785 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  SUNY Buffalo State : 15 credits transfer Msc Multidisciplinary Studies durain 6 1,113 11-17-2023, 05:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Any Online Free Master Degree? JesterRigid 15 5,646 09-07-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Chaminade University - Ed.S School Psychology program (Not online, but it's FREE !) nyvrem 9 1,299 09-02-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger