Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Microsoft certification exam voucher
Microsoft is hosting another Cloud Skills Challenge as part of Ignite 2021.

If you're interested in earning a free MS certification exam voucher, you can register for a reminder email when it's time to register for the challenges, complete it and start studying for your free exam!

From the site:

Complete one challenge and earn a free Microsoft Certification exam
There are 12 challenges available to choose from, select one that's right for you. Once you complete that challenge you will earn a free Microsoft Certification exam that can be applied to your choice from a select list of options.

The challenge begins on November 2, 2021 at 4:00 PM UTC (16:00) and ends on November 30, 2021 at 4:00 PM UTC (16:00). Make sure all modules in your challenge are complete before time runs out.

If you complete your challenge before it ends, one Microsoft Certification exam will be associated with your Learn profile on December 7, 2021. You will be notified via email when it becomes available. To see the full list of eligible exams please refer to the official rules page for more details.

Eligible exams for this year are:
  • MS-700: Managing Microsoft Teams
  • MS-720: Microsoft Teams Voice Engineer
  • MD-100: Windows 10
  • MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops
  • MB-210: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales
  • PL-400: Microsoft Power Platform Developer
  • AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator
  • AZ-204: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure
  • DP-300: Administering Relational Databases on Microsoft Azure
  • AZ-800: Administering Windows Server Hybrid Core Infrastructure
  • AZ-801: Configuring Windows Server Hybrid Advanced Services
  • MB-330: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
  • SC-200: Microsoft Security Operations Analyst
  • SC-300: Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator
  • SC-400: Microsoft Information Protection Administrator
It's that time again, my friends, let's skill up!
Link: https://csc.docs.microsoft.com/ignite/re...n/fall2021
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 7 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • BitWiseGuy, dreamarts, Federicojavier, jch, jsd, Pikachu, quigongene
Awesome, thank you!
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Thanks bj! Here's the list of eligible exams with active ACE recommendations: 
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 2 users Like jch's post:
  • dreamarts, Pikachu
jsd Wrote:Awesome, thank you!

You're very welcome!

jch Wrote:Thanks bj! Here's the list of eligible exams with active ACE recommendations: 

Thanks for sharing this bit of info, I was looking exactly at that Managing Microsoft Teams for easy credits/cert as well as the Azure Administrator!

I completed the Teams Admin challenge and just passed the MS-700 exam. Supposedly this is worth 3UL credits in cloud computing, we'll see how TESU transcripts it.
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • Pikachu
(12-10-2021, 02:43 AM)jch Wrote: I completed the Teams Admin challenge and just passed the MS-700 exam. Supposedly this is worth 3UL credits in cloud computing, we'll see how TESU transcripts it.

Just looked it up in the ACE database, yes 3cr UL.  I'm guessing TESU will bring it in as CYB-4XX (so 400-level), but unless you're getting the BSBA/CIS degree or BACS, it will just be a Free Elective.  Not sure if it will work in the AoS for either of those?  Let us know!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Pikachu
Please do let us know. For the BACS, I don't know if it will fit in the AOS... But for the BSBA CIS and the BS Cybersecurity, it'll have a higher chance as it should come in as a 300/400 course in Cybersecurity anyways, unless they require a specific course/content for the degree AOS and you can't deviate from it...

(12-10-2021, 11:55 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 02:43 AM)jch Wrote: I completed the Teams Admin challenge and just passed the MS-700 exam. Supposedly this is worth 3UL credits in cloud computing, we'll see how TESU transcripts it.

Just looked it up in the ACE database, yes 3cr UL.  I'm guessing TESU will bring it in as CYB-4XX (so 400-level), but unless you're getting the BSBA/CIS degree or BACS, it will just be a Free Elective.  Not sure if it will work in the AoS for either of those?  Let us know!

It came in as ITS-399 Special Topics in Info Technology. Was not used in either my BSBA-CIS or BS-Cybersecurity. Using the what-if tool, the automated analysis did not place it within the AoS for the BACS or BSIT. 
I may attempt an appeal to get it reclassified as some CYB credit which is useful for me.
[-] The following 2 users Like jch's post:
  • mariobros1985, Pikachu
(12-15-2021, 03:01 PM)jch Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 11:55 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

It came in as ITS-399 Special Topics in Info Technology. Was not used in either my BSBA-CIS or BS-Cybersecurity. Using the what-if tool, the automated analysis did not place it within the AoS for the BACS or BSIT. 
I may attempt an appeal to get it reclassified as some CYB credit which is useful for me.

TESU denied my appeal. They argue that MS-700 is too product-specific and thus not general enough to be treated as a neutral cloud computing credit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starbucks ASU FREE Online Courses with Certificate lisarox 0 37 2 hours ago
Last Post: lisarox
  Non-credit Fintech certificate, free, U South Florida freeloader 2 152 04-19-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free cybersecurity training course, entry level cert, and candidate status through is MNomadic 20 4,205 04-19-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Free Coursera for Californians ashkir 8 3,020 04-17-2024, 09:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare” ctcarl 9 2,244 02-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: jch
  University of South Carolina - Free Certificates in Hospitality Management Maniac Craniac 5 1,560 02-15-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  Resource: spreadsheet of free courses from Ivy League universities NatsNerd 3 684 02-09-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: NatsNerd
  Rutgers - Free Certificate in Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving Maniac Craniac 5 1,827 02-05-2024, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Free Community Health Worker certificate at Berkeley City College staceydiane 12 2,138 02-01-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 10 1,873 01-30-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: MFG