Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Virtual Experience, Internship, and Apprenticeship Programs from Forage
This might be the best thing I've seen all year. Forage offers virtual experience programs designed in partnership with major employers that include tasks and projects. These are basically free certificate programs, but you can opt to have Forage share your submitted work with partner companies. They claim that completing a virtual experience with a company will increase your chance of getting hired by two to five times. They also claim that 33% of hires at these companies come from Forage. 

There are strict guidelines on how one should list the programs on one's CV/resume and social media. These are not to be listed as employment or work experience. They are to be included in the certification, achievement, or extracurricular activities section of your resume or the certification part of LinkedIn. 

https://www.theforage.com/course-catalog

https://cdn.theforage.com/vinternships/c...Policy.pdf
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 3 users Like sanantone's post:
  • jsd, MNomadic, ss20ts
(07-21-2021, 05:11 PM)sanantone Wrote: This might be the best thing I've seen all year. Forage offers virtual experience programs designed in partnership with major employers that include tasks and projects. These are basically free certificate programs, but you can opt to have Forage share your submitted work with partner companies. They claim that completing a virtual experience with a company will increase your chance of getting hired by two to five times. They also claim that 33% of hires at these companies come from Forage. 

There are strict guidelines on how one should list the programs on one's CV/resume and social media. These are not to be listed as employment or work experience. They are to be included in the certification, achievement, or extracurricular activities section of your resume or the certification part of LinkedIn. 

https://www.theforage.com/course-catalog

https://cdn.theforage.com/vinternships/c...Policy.pdf

This is a good find! I have never seen anything like this before. I hope to see more sites with this mission.
Completed:

Master's Degree, Coaching & Emotional Intelligence, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Business Administration, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Management, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Corporate Communication, Universidad Isabel 1
Professional Certificate, IT Support, Google
Professional Certificate, Cybersecurity Analyst, IBM
Bachelor's Degree, Liberal Studies (Management Minor), University of Maine @ Presque Isle
Honors Certificate, Business Writing, University of Colorado
Certificate, Inclusive Leadership, University of Colorado
Master Herbalist Certification, Academy of Natural Health Sciences

I just checked it out. I might do the Human Resources one and the marketing one
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
This is pretty awesome. My interest is piqued.

I wish there was a better way to include these on resumes/LinkedIn. I get why they shouldn't be presented as traditional work experience, but "extracurricular" or certification seems odd, too.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(07-24-2021, 05:46 PM)Vle045 Wrote: I just checked it out.  I might do the Human Resources one and the marketing one

Which one is the marketing one? I didn't find a marketing one.
(07-25-2021, 10:58 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-24-2021, 05:46 PM)Vle045 Wrote: I just checked it out.  I might do the Human Resources one and the marketing one

Which one is the marketing one? I didn't find a marketing one.

Sydney Romantics
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-credit Fintech certificate, free, U South Florida freeloader 2 135 04-19-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free cybersecurity training course, entry level cert, and candidate status through is MNomadic 20 4,167 04-19-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Free Coursera for Californians ashkir 8 3,000 04-17-2024, 09:49 PM
  Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare” ctcarl 9 2,236 02-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: jch
  University of South Carolina - Free Certificates in Hospitality Management Maniac Craniac 5 1,550 02-15-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  Resource: spreadsheet of free courses from Ivy League universities NatsNerd 3 676 02-09-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: NatsNerd
  Rutgers - Free Certificate in Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving Maniac Craniac 5 1,814 02-05-2024, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Free Community Health Worker certificate at Berkeley City College staceydiane 12 2,131 02-01-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 10 1,856 01-30-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: MFG
  HP & EdX - FREE Professional Certificate in Esports Mgmt, Game Design & Programming Maniac Craniac 11 1,248 01-22-2024, 07:00 PM