Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free doctorals
It's in the realm of religion, but they state that it's all free. The question I ask is, are these phds legitimate? I wouldn't want to devote my time to a waste of time.

Free Doctoral Programs In Bible/Theology | ISDET

They also offer free undergrad and masters programs. Check it out

The masters programs are located here http://isdet.com/free-masters-programs-i...etheology/ I dont yet have a masters, so this would he my point of interest
If by legitimate you mean accredited, no they are not.
The clues:
- They spend a page and a half talking about why they don't need accreditation;
- Their website is a .com;
- To quote: "If you are looking for a degree that can bring you a job-placement, then ISDET is not the place for your studies."

So it's fine for personal enrichment, but don't think that it will get you a job.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV Wrote:If by legitimate you mean accredited, no they are not.
The clues:
- They spend a page and a half talking about why they don't need accreditation;
- Their website is a .com;
- To quote: "If you are looking for a degree that can bring you a job-placement, then ISDET is not the place for your studies."

So it's fine for personal enrichment, but don't think that it will get you a job.

Yeah, I saw that. I think it's a waste of time. Sorry for ever posting about it. I did a pretty extensive search on free stufies, but it seems that they're all a sham. I respect these programs, but I don't want to devote my time to something that won't mean anything in terms of professional growth.
Not free, but if you're looking for a low cost religious graduate degree, Nations University has Master in Divinity and Master in Theological Studies programs for $960/year.

They are only Nationally Accredited, not Regionally. And I'm not sure of any real utility of the degree.

NationsUniversity | Affordable, High Quality, Christian Education
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:Not free, but if you're looking for a low cost religious graduate degree, Nations University has Master in Divinity and Master in Theological Studies programs for $960/year.

They are only Nationally Accredited, not Regionally. And I'm not sure of any real utility of the degree.

NationsUniversity | Affordable, High Quality, Christian Education

Would that allow me to take jobs where I need a masters degree? I know of plenty career opportunities available if I simply had a credible masters degree.
Do you have a bachelor's degree already? What was your major?
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
creditmonsoon Wrote:Would that allow me to take jobs where I need a masters degree? I know of plenty career opportunities available if I simply had a credible masters degree.

It's nationally accredited, so it's a legit degree. Not the gold standard of regional accreditation, but if you're just trying to check a box this will satisfy that. But it's not like an MDiv is going to give you a leg up in the business world (outside of checking off a "Masters Degree" box).

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

KayV Wrote:Do you have a bachelor's degree already? What was your major?

General business administration.
jsd Wrote:It's nationally accredited, so it's a legit degree. Not the gold standard of regional accreditation, but if you're just trying to check a box this will satisfy that. But it's not like an MDiv is going to give you a leg up in the business world (outside of checking off a "Masters Degree" box).

Would it show up as legit by potential employers trying to verify if I have a masters degree? Theres some jobs that simply ask for "masters degree is government approved institution" and I know a woman with a masters in education who has a job that has nothing to do with education.

Would the military recognize it? I appreciate the responses
yes to both questions, it's DEAC accredited which is recognized by the US Dept of Education.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MIT University just released free online courses. KSoul 0 414 02-14-2024, 04:33 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,613 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Any Online Free Master Degree? JesterRigid 15 5,426 09-07-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Chaminade University - Ed.S School Psychology program (Not online, but it's FREE !) nyvrem 9 1,203 09-02-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Low Cost / Free online Masters programs from Germany nyvrem 32 11,442 07-30-2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study MSc in Environmental Management for free with the Open University UK HVzR5 3 691 05-13-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: HVzR5
  Free NARIC Evaluations JPN 3 960 01-28-2023, 07:09 PM
Last Post: JPN
  FREE Masters Degree! (CA State Authorized by BPPE) bjcheung77 13 2,371 08-23-2022, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Cowabunga Dude
  Free Seminary (unaccredited, Florida license) sanantone 9 1,331 06-26-2022, 09:30 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UT Dallas Masters in Business Analytics focused on Data Science - Free newdegree 10 2,039 12-29-2021, 03:59 AM
Last Post: durain