Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia Tech's $7K online M.S. in computer science program
Online Master of Science in Computer Science (OMS CS) | Georgia Tech - College of Computing

Will Georgia Tech's $7K online M.S. in computer science program make the grade?
Master of Science in Computer Science | Georgia Tech - College of Computing the link
That article is two years old. OMSCS has been discussed here a few times and is doing really well having graduated it first group this last December:

Institute Celebrates First Graduates of Online Master's Program in Computer Science | Georgia Tech - College of Computing

I've applied and should hear whether I've been accepted for Fall soon. What decided it for me is the thriving community on Google+. There I've been able to interact with a lot of current students and get a good idea of exactly what the program is like. In a word it seems awesome.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
could you go into this with a BSBA, or do you need an IT degree to qualify?
From the link: "Admissions

Admission to the program is highly selective; there are many more qualified applicants than there are places in the program. The challenge for the College every year is to select a class from a highly qualified pool. The College looks for compelling reasons to admit candidates, and the statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, test scores and GPA are all reviewed carefully. Having a strong undergraduate background in computer science, including C programming, is highly recommended for applicants. The Admissions Committee welcomes additional pertinent information that will aid in making objective and informed decisions.

Students are admitted to the master's program only once a year. The application deadline is Feb. 1 for admission to the following fall semester."
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Thanks. I just talked to someone in admissions at WTAMU...she was awesome! I am leaning this way (as of today). She said there are lots of TESU grads there, and they seem to really understand our background and experiences. Give them a call if you're thinking about an MBA (AACSB too!)
Drew
DBRENNAN118 Wrote:Thanks. I just talked to someone in admissions at WTAMU...she was awesome! I am leaning this way (as of today). She said there are lots of TESU grads there, and they seem to really understand our background and experiences. Give them a call if you're thinking about an MBA (AACSB too!)
Drew
West Texas A&M? They still Aggies?
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:West Texas A&M? They still Aggies?

No, that's the BIG school (Texas A&M). But WTAMU (Buffaloes I think) is AACSB and pretty highly regarded as far as I could tell from researching...
davewill Wrote:stuff

*TESU PLA: Software Engineering, Computer Architecture, C++ Programming, Advanced C++, Data Structures (2015)

off topic, but how'd you do PLAs for those ?
did you have a few years working experience as a programmer and used that as the basis for the PLA ?

I can see how it wouldn't be too difficult to demonstrate "expertise" in C++
but I really don't know how to demonstrate sufficient knowledge of Computer Architecture or Data Structures (unless maybe by doing a verified certificate at coursera of edx)
DBRENNAN118 Wrote:could you go into this with a BSBA, or do you need an IT degree to qualify?

Neither.

MIS, CIS, IT are all applied computer majors.

Suitable majors include CS, computer engineering, electrical engineering, and math.

Admission Criteria | OMSCS | Georgia Institute of Technology | Atlanta, GA
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 314 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Phd in environmental science myopenledger 2 112 03-27-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 320 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 496 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 270 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Coursera Illinois Tech MBA Vle045 8 2,361 03-08-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 23 14,345 03-03-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 496 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 26 4,018 02-18-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: ITdegree
  German University of Digital Science (100% online, non-profit) Voldigoad 11 1,658 02-15-2024, 04:44 PM