Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting there!
About 2 1/2 weeks in to gathering credits at Sophia and I have 14 credit hours with 6 classes.

I have all the courses in a list of which ones to get done before others. Some of them I probably will not complete simply because I have those courses as RA credits (the Eng Comp, the Sociology, etc)

I'm hoping that by the time I'm done with the Mediation Training from Kennesaw State University for the Georgia state registration for being an approved mediator (end of April) I will be done with everything I need for the Pierpont AAS and be well toward finalizing everything I need to get those last credits at either UMPI or COSC. 
I want COSC but I do not like the thought of creating power point presentations and I don't think you have to do that at UMPI.

Anyhow. I'm pleased with my progress, especially since most days going through the coursework sparks a migraine. I'm really doing better than I thought I would.

big thanks to this forum <3
Upcoming Degrees:
Master of Arts in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - Georgia Southern University - April 2025
Up Next (Decision MADE!)
Ph.D in Criminal Justice (Intelligence) - UNG
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

[-] The following 1 user Likes TINASAM's post:
  • rachel83az
Some courses at UMPI have PowerPoint presentations as the Final Assessment. The Final Assessments also change. They are not set in stone. Professors also change from term to term and the Final Assessment changes with them as well. Some courses have been updated and the Final Assessment changes then, too. PowerPoint presentations aren't a bad thing. Most of them are just text. Some have an oral component, but you record it right in the PowerPoint presentation. There was one class which you had to make a video of yourself presenting the PowerPoint presentation when I started. I didn't take that class. I've had at least 3 classes where the Final Assessment changed from one term to the next. Maybe more and I didn't even know it.
(03-16-2021, 12:15 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Some courses at UMPI have PowerPoint presentations as the Final Assessment. The Final Assessments also change. They are not set in stone. Professors also change from term to term and the Final Assessment changes with them as well. Some courses have been updated and the Final Assessment changes then, too. PowerPoint presentations aren't a bad thing. Most of them are just text. Some have an oral component, but you record it right in the PowerPoint presentation. There was one class which you had to make a video of yourself presenting the PowerPoint presentation when I started. I didn't take that class. I've had at least 3 classes where the Final Assessment changed from one term to the next. Maybe more and I didn't even know it.

I've never made a PPT and I'm really nervous that I wouldn't be able to do it right. If I had any belief in me that I could do that, I'd probably be more at ease.
Upcoming Degrees:
Master of Arts in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - Georgia Southern University - April 2025
Up Next (Decision MADE!)

If you need help in PPT, try this beginner's video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF34-Wu6qWU
It was helpful for my capstone at tesu which was my first ppt. good luck!
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • TINASAM
(03-16-2021, 12:22 PM)TINASAM Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 12:15 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Some courses at UMPI have PowerPoint presentations as the Final Assessment. The Final Assessments also change. They are not set in stone. Professors also change from term to term and the Final Assessment changes with them as well. Some courses have been updated and the Final Assessment changes then, too. PowerPoint presentations aren't a bad thing. Most of them are just text. Some have an oral component, but you record it right in the PowerPoint presentation. There was one class which you had to make a video of yourself presenting the PowerPoint presentation when I started. I didn't take that class. I've had at least 3 classes where the Final Assessment changed from one term to the next. Maybe more and I didn't even know it.

I've never made a PPT and I'm really nervous that I wouldn't be able to do it right. If I had any belief in me that I could do that, I'd probably be more at ease.

PowerPoints aren't complicated. If you have trouble, you contact your professor. In my experience, they were all very helpful and would send links to you to videos. The class I took with a PowerPoint included several videos on PowerPoint. The software is really easy to use. Being able to create a PowerPoint and give a presentation is an extremely useful skill to have in life. Never know when it may come in handy! 
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • rachel83az, TINASAM
Thanks! I have the video bookmarked and will (try) not to let that influence my decision on which school to go to after I'm done with this sometime at the end of April.
Upcoming Degrees:
Up Next (Decision MADE!)

(03-16-2021, 01:17 PM)TINASAM Wrote: Thanks! I have the video bookmarked and will (try) not to let that influence my decision on which school to go to after I'm done with this sometime at the end of April.

Keep in mind that no matter where you go, you won't know what the assignments are until you're in the class. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • TINASAM
(03-16-2021, 01:17 PM)TINASAM Wrote: Thanks! I have the video bookmarked and will (try) not to let that influence my decision on which school to go to after I'm done with this sometime at the end of April.

I definitely would not let this stop me from going to a school.  I've been creating PPT's for many years, my husband does it all the time, even my kids both knew how to do it in high school and middle school.  Their teacher's gave them tutorials and they were off and running (not saying they're great at it, but they can get the basics done).

I think this is one of the easiest programs to learn.  If you can work in Word, you can create a PPT.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • TINASAM
[quote pid='332642' dateline='1615928995']

I definitely would not let this stop me from going to a school.  I've been creating PPT's for many years, my husband does it all the time, even my kids both knew how to do it in high school and middle school.  Their teacher's gave them tutorials and they were off and running (not saying they're great at it, but they can get the basics done).

I think this is one of the easiest programs to learn.  If you can work in Word, you can create a PPT.
[/quote]

Ok this gives me hope, lol. I've been using WORD since I got online back in the early 90s.
Upcoming Degrees:
Up Next (Decision MADE!)