Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got Library Card? Got perks?
Got a library card?  What perks do you have at your library?
Name your library and what perks you have...

For example, libraries in WA State have access to free audiobooks/language material, etc.
Some people like Rosetta Stone and others don't, what unique offering does your library have?

Here's a Learning Wiki noting EBooks and other material for mobile lending...
Link: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBook_L..._Libraries
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative (FL)

https://hcplc.org

They have the usual services: Libby, Hoopla, Kanopy, LinkedIn learning and Mango Languages. The most unusual thing you could check out is a ukulele kit. I'm not sure how long you're allowed to keep it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes amrly813's post:
  • Ideas
I know of a few libraries where you can borrow seeds for your garden. You're supposed to return them (and hopefully a few extra) at the end of the growing season.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I am in the southwest and have numerous library cards. The best one has a telescope rental through the suburban library of the other nearby city. Through the big city library we have free passes to the zoo and history museum, a seed library, Mango languages, Curiousity Stream, some magazine service, a service to watch pre-recorded stage performances, a month long pass for Wondrium, GED prep, access to various news paper, magazines, and other archives including for geneaology services. If you actually go into the local library you can get access to full version of Ancestry.com, but you're logged in from the library's account so it's not like you would really want to participate on the message boards. We have hoopla and overdrive at all the libraries here, which includes audio books. It's interesting though because they don't have access to the same books. So for example my hoopla application has numerous accounts connected to it from different libraries. If I cannot find something on one library I will switch accounts and then check and see if the other library has access to it.

The best library subscription I've ever had that was definitely from New Jersey and I gained access by being a Tesu student.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetSecret's post:
  • Pikachu
How do you switch to a different library with Hoopla? Unlike with Libby/Overdrive, it's not intuitive.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-24-2022, 04:56 AM)rachel83az Wrote: How do you switch to a different library with Hoopla? Unlike with Libby/Overdrive, it's not intuitive.
I don't think it is possible to do it an app but you can do it with two different emails addresses, sorry for the confusion!
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
[-] The following 2 users Like SweetSecret's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az
My library uses the Libby app for free audio and kindle books. When my son was little they had a free toy lending library. Not sure if they still have that. Since my books for class are just basic business books and not textbooks, most are also a available as audio books. When I can’t focus on reading, I just pop in to the Libby app and see if there’s an audiobook.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(08-24-2022, 04:56 AM)rachel83az Wrote: How do you switch to a different library with Hoopla? Unlike with Libby/Overdrive, it's not intuitive.
Settings > Library > Search by library name > Add your card number and PIN. You don't have to use another email address or sign up for a different account. This works on both the website and app.
[-] The following 1 user Likes amrly813's post:
  • Pikachu
California Public Library offers free career training. It includes three free months of cousera. IBM and Google certificates included.

https://www.library.ca.gov/services/to-p...-pathways/
Use these resources! I really recommend libraries for access to audio books and other materials you can borrow as their lending system really works well for those who want to use learning material to further their education in any subject that interests them. For example, my kids and I go to the library each weekend to "use" whatever it is they want, even temporarily borrow board games or whatever for an hour or less... We get reminders on holds when the library doesn't currently have the book available, they really like the system.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Got some overdue library books? Check! bjcheung77 6 1,252 12-04-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Sparklette
  Library Genesis Alpha 0 901 01-06-2022, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  Should You Be Required to Show a COVID Vaccination Card In Order to Vote? LevelUP 44 4,175 08-29-2021, 04:14 AM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Free National Emergency Library rachel83az 1 832 05-07-2020, 05:58 PM
Last Post: CassandraNolin
  Starbucks lovers - Here's a $10 egift card. bjcheung77 2 2,057 10-04-2017, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Thorne
  Gift card choices - What would you want? bjcheung77 0 1,041 07-03-2017, 07:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Earned a $120 Amazon Gift Card by Completing an Interview sanantone 3 1,706 05-18-2017, 11:27 PM
Last Post: varJosh
  $25 Amazon gift card from SL deal thing... Publius 4 1,669 04-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Publius
  Voting for Library Promotional Contest! Please Vote! StrEngr 12 1,957 04-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Last Post: methibosheth
  To the library! <click> TMW2010 0 831 01-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Last Post: TMW2010