Poll: Should you be required to show a COVID vaccination card in order to vote?
This poll is closed.
Yes
8.00%
2 8.00%
No
92.00%
23 92.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should You Be Required to Show a COVID Vaccination Card In Order to Vote?
Should you need a vaccination card in order to vote?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(08-02-2021, 03:37 AM)LevelUP Wrote: Should you need a vaccination card in order to vote?
No. Because not everyone can get it. This would exclude people who for no fault of their own can't be vaccinated.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • ss20ts
One has nothing to do with the other.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 4 users Like Vle045's post:
  • allvia, FastTrackDegree, jsd, ss20ts
Why would you? I voted last year, we social distanced (and masked).

Considering how many Black and Hispanic people won't get vaccinations, who is going to propose that rule? The Republicans wouldn't anyway, and Dems know that would look racist.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts
People have the right to vote and they have the right to refuse medical treatment.  Eliminating either one of these would create far more problems than it would solve.  But how about this...since we know that the vaccine eliminates costly medical treatment for people who become infected with covid, and since the vaccine is available to anyone who wants it, why should the insurance company pay for someone's medical treatment if they refuse the vaccine and then become infected.   It's a preventable illness and so what if the insurance companies refused to pay?  People would still get the treatment, they'd just have to pay for it themselves.  Can you imagine that happening?  It's simply the logical consequence of their own behavior.
(08-03-2021, 01:34 PM)Alpha Wrote: People have the right to vote and they have the right to refuse medical treatment.  Eliminating either one of these would create far more problems than it would solve.  But how about this...since we know that the vaccine eliminates costly medical treatment for people who become infected with covid, and since the vaccine is available to anyone who wants it, why should the insurance company pay for someone's medical treatment if they refuse the vaccine and then become infected.   It's a preventable illness and so what if the insurance companies refused to pay?  People would still get the treatment, they'd just have to pay for it themselves.  Can you imagine that happening?  It's simply the logical consequence of their own behavior.

I know several people who have become DEATHLY ill after taking the vaccine.  So shouldn't the reverse be true?  If you take a non-FDA approved vaccine and then become sick, shouldn't they refuse to pay for your medical treatment?  I mean, you took a risky unapproved vaccine that hasn't been out for long, and the illness it was totally preventable - all you had to do was refuse this experiment, and yet you took it anyway.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-03-2021, 01:34 PM)Alpha Wrote: People have the right to vote and they have the right to refuse medical treatment.  Eliminating either one of these would create far more problems than it would solve.  But how about this...since we know that the vaccine eliminates costly medical treatment for people who become infected with covid, and since the vaccine is available to anyone who wants it, why should the insurance company pay for someone's medical treatment if they refuse the vaccine and then become infected.   It's a preventable illness and so what if the insurance companies refused to pay?  People would still get the treatment, they'd just have to pay for it themselves.  Can you imagine that happening?  It's simply the logical consequence of their own behavior.

One of my friends now has 2 heart conditions from the first dose of the vaccine. She's been battling these 2 conditions now for months and is having new complications every week. 

In my county there were 8 positive cases on Monday. 2 of them were fully vaccinated. One of the vaccinated cases is symptomatic.

What about those who have illnesses or auto immune diseases? There have not been trials done on many diseases to see how the vaccine will impact those folks.  

It's hardly as cut and dry as you make you it appear.
(08-03-2021, 02:16 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

One of my friends now has 2 heart conditions from the first dose of the vaccine. She's been battling these 2 conditions now for months and is having new complications every week. 

In my county there were 8 positive cases on Monday. 2 of them were fully vaccinated. One of the vaccinated cases is symptomatic.

What about those who have illnesses or auto immune diseases? There have not been trials done on many diseases to see how 

[quote pid='343454' dateline='1628018170']

I'm not "making it appear" like anything.  I simply asked a hypothetical question in response to another hypothetical question. Clearly in such a scenario there would be exceptions, pre-existing conditions, etc.  You could ask the same question in regards to smoking, for example.  Everyone knows it's unhealthy to smoke.  Why should my insurance premium go up simply because someone else won't quit.  The op asked a hypothetical question and yet you didn't object to that.  Why so sensitive when it comes to money?
[/quote]

So, continuing with the hypotheticals, we could easily say that, hypothetically, the individual would only need a letter from their doctor saying they were exempt from the vaccine.  Others who have no such pre-existing conditions can pay.  How's that?
(08-03-2021, 03:44 PM)Alpha Wrote:

What about those who have illnesses or auto immune diseases? There have not been trials done on many diseases to see how 

I'm not "making it appear" like anything.  I simply asked a hypothetical question in response to another hypothetical question. Clearly in such a scenario there would be exceptions, pre-existing conditions, etc.  You could ask the same question in regards to smoking, for example.  Everyone knows it's unhealthy to smoke.  Why should my insurance premium go up simply because someone else won't quit.  The op asked a hypothetical question and yet you didn't object to that.  Why so sensitive when it comes to money?

So, continuing with the hypotheticals, we could easily say that, hypothetically, the individual would only need a letter from their doctor saying they were exempt from the vaccine.  Others who have no such pre-existing conditions can pay.  How's that?
[/quote]

So I notice you didn't respond to me or ss20ts' statements about getting sick from the vaccine. Interesting.
(08-03-2021, 04:32 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 03:44 PM)Alpha Wrote:

So I notice you didn't respond to me or ss20ts' statements about getting sick from the vaccine. Interesting.
[/quote]

What do you find interesting about it?  Some people have allegedly gotten sick from the vaccine.  What's your point?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amazon ‘censored’ COVID-19 vaccine books after ‘feeling pressure’ from Biden White Ho Charles Fout 1 397 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Maps That Show How The World Really Is LevelUP 0 338 02-03-2024, 03:30 AM
  Got Library Card? Got perks? bjcheung77 15 1,655 12-04-2022, 06:36 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
Exclamation Boston University Doctors Create New COVID Variant that Has 80% Kill Rate LevelUP 10 1,081 10-20-2022, 03:34 PM
Last Post: inf
  Covid Update Alpha 24 2,343 02-02-2022, 11:13 PM
Big Grin 2 COVID Vaccines Approved, End to Pandemic in Sight?? LevelUP 140 13,585 04-27-2021, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Commencements During COVID natshar 6 1,173 04-02-2021, 06:36 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Anyone Else Getting Sick of This COVID Crap? LevelUP 33 3,412 07-26-2020, 05:10 PM
Last Post: StoicJ
  Second Wave - Coronavirus/Covid has begun! bjcheung77 3 1,127 07-14-2020, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Discounted Tuition & COVID-19 jinsoo 5 1,479 07-05-2020, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ss20ts