Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduate Certificate (or Diploma) in Computer Science?
Are there any good online Computer Science Graduate Certificates for someone with a Bachelors (in something else)? Besides Health Information Management, Data Analytics, and Cybersecurity from the Big 3.

Especially any that can be partly tested out of (with IT certifications or any other tests)? Price would not be a real issue.

Ideas Wrote:Are there any good online Computer Science Graduate Certificates for someone with a Bachelors (in something else)? .......Especially any that can be partly tested out of (with IT certifications or any other tests)?
Not sure about what graduate certificates are out there for CS (I know Stanford has one, I'm sure many others...), but I am sure that you won't be able to test out of any of it.
Don't know if an undergraduate certificate would be of interest but CSU Global have an Information Technology Operations Certificate. It requires 6 courses, but 2 can be tested out of with the CSU CBE
https://csuglobal.edu/undergraduate/cert...operations
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert in Computing: London Metropolitan University
Prince2 Certified
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

In Progress
Certificate in Technology Leadership: Cornell University (free through employer)

Planned
Master of Business Administration: ENEB Isabel I 
Master in Public Administration: Marconi University
Certificate in Accounting: Cornell University (freebie)
Certificate in Corporate Sustainability: Cornell University (freebie)
Do you know of a job that is going to give you credit for a grad certificate? It's much better to go for IT certifications that employers want like RHCE, VMware, etc. A degree in computer science or IT would be better. A degree in IT is going to be way easier than in computer science which is very math intensive.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
With a bachelor's,you should just get the certificates available for cheap from edx or Coursera you'll get a certificate from a good to great school,maybe college credit and a capstone to show potential employers.
Nobody cares about those edX verified certs. Many HR folks and bosses were confused in the past about edX honor code certs (free) vs. edX verified certs ($50), so you know these certs aren't popular. It's just as good as throwing a $50 bill into the fireplace.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
TrailRunr Wrote:Nobody cares about those edX verified certs. Many HR folks and bosses were confused in the past about edX honor code certs (free) vs. edX verified certs ($50), so you know these certs aren't popular. It's just as good as throwing a $50 bill into the fireplace.

I have to agree. MOOCs are fine for preparing for industry-accepted certifications, PLAs, or gaining skills to develop a portfolio of your work. They aren't a replacement for academic credentials earned at an accredited school. Udacity has partnerships with employers, but they're more of a coding bootcamp now.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 31 25,520 5 hours ago
Last Post: ashkir
  Ms data science for 15k Imbanewbie 15 1,677 04-16-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 66 16,053 04-09-2024, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Phd in environmental science myopenledger 2 235 03-27-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 1,129 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  UK Level 7/8 Diploma Questions bennyoftheD 22 2,756 03-10-2024, 02:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 1,051 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,735 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  German University of Digital Science (100% online, non-profit) Voldigoad 11 1,810 02-15-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,838 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden