Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduate School Anyone?
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Many, if not most of the IC members are currently working on, nearing completion or have recently completed their Bachelors Degree using the dynamic resources of InstantCert but just how many plan on or actually are going on to graduate level school?

I'll be 47 next month and just completed my Bachelors degree last month yet I feel strangely compelled to continue onward to the next level. At first I planned on sitting back, celebrating my accomplishment and "thinking" about pursuing a Masters degree in "several months." Since that time, just a few weeks ago, my perspective has changed significantly as I have boldly (perhaps foolishly) decided to enroll at California Coast University to tackle the Master of Science - Psychology degree.

Am I a glutton for punishment or what?

So I ask - just how many are planning on and willing to jump in the deep end too? I'll be the one madly treading water - Big Grin [/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Brian,

I too will be enrolling in a Master's program as soon as I finish. It will probably be the MBA in Forensic Accounting at Florida Atlantic University. It too can be done online. I had even thought about attending UF or FSU for the Doctorate in Accounting. But, then I found out that they only accept THREE students a YEAR into the Doctorate program and it's FIVE years long. So, that thought didn't last long. Big Grin At 41, I'm a little old to start a five year program of full-time school.
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="blue"]
BS in Accounting(General) from Excelsior College
Enrolled in MBA program at Upper Iowa University.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Many, if not most of the IC members are currently working on, nearing completion or have recently completed their Bachelors Degree using the dynamic resources of InstantCert but just how many plan on or actually are going on to graduate level school?

I'll be 47 next month and just completed my Bachelors degree last month yet I feel strangely compelled to continue onward to the next level. At first I planned on sitting back, celebrating my accomplishment and "thinking" about pursuing a Masters degree in "several months." Since that time, just a few weeks ago, my perspective has changed significantly as I have boldly (perhaps foolishly) decided to enroll at California Coast University to tackle the Master of Science - Psychology degree.

So I ask - just how many are planning on and willing to jump in the deep end too? I'll be the one madly treading water - Big Grin [/COLOR][/SIZE]

I am already in the process of enrolling for a Masters Degree in Military History from Norwich University. It is expensive but my GI Bill and Tuition Assistance will cover the cost. My GPA (3.66) is high enough that I don't need to take the GRE there. Also, the courses are completely online and the tuition includes books and materials. I shouldn't pay a dime out of pocket. Going forward with my education can only help my personal and professional life. I am excited.
[SIZE="5"]Barry[/SIZE]
47 Traditional Credits 75 Non-Traditional with 3.7 GPA
[COLOR="Blue"]BA in Social Sciences from TESC last class ended on 1/13/2007!!
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Waiting on grade for SOS440
B in SOC210[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Next up MA of Liberal Studies in Administrative Leadership through the University of Oklahoma!!
I am 37 and I'm almost done with my degree,BS Liberal Studies.I wanted to do something very similar to Bus/Info Systems when I retired from the Navy and that's the degree I want to pursue,not sure about a doctorate though.
With only 17 hours left, I plan on enrolling into a master's program next spring. Right now, I'm looking at two different options which are both online.

Long Island University - Master of Science Degree in Homeland Security Management
http://www.southampton.liu.edu/homeland/masters.html

Norwich University -Master in Justice Administration (MJA)
http://www.mja.norwich.edu/overview.htm
[SIZE="2"]WORKING TOWARDS B.S. OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE FROM EXCELSIOR COLLEGE.[/SIZE]
UPDATED 1/13
COMPLETED 113.33 HRS.
NEED 14.67
[COLOR="Green"]RECENTLY TAKEN TEST: RISE & FALL - 12/12 - 46 (OUCH!)
NEXT TESTS: World Conflicts, Juvenile Delinquency, Ethics, College Writing
LAST TRADITIONAL CLASS: Social Science Research
[/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]
CLEP/DSST - 51 HRS
TRADITIONAL - 53
MILITARY - 9
[/COLOR]
well i have 93 credits/9 campus classes remaining. I will be done with my BS IT in march at 28yo. I will be going straight into my masters but still have not decided where?!
Im waiting to take my GMAT and see what i score if its high enough(<700) i will try for NYU if not then its penn st, wgu or wpu.

AKay
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Many, if not most of the IC members are currently working on, nearing completion or have recently completed their Bachelors Degree using the dynamic resources of InstantCert but just how many plan on or actually are going on to graduate level school?

Oh yeah! Masters of Music Boston University- I will have finished my last exam with IU by the end of October.

Cheers
CT

p.s. Sorry I haven't been around, wedding, college drop offs, and then my hard drive crashed and I had to figure out my password again to get into this site!
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Green"]Mary

80 Traditional credits
45 testing

9 CLEPS
Freshmen Comp- 71
Analyzing & Interpreting Lit -72
Human Growth & Development -73
Ed Psych -67

CLEP Humanties- 7/11/06 -74
CLEP American Lit- 7/18/06 - 65
CLEP US History I I 7/18/06- 63
CLEP American Government 8/8-57
CLEP US History II 8/8 -68

2 DSSTs- 8/11
Here's to your Health 69
Fundamentals of Counseling 64

Indiana University School of Continuing Studies
B.G.S-Done!
125 credits 10/20/06 -
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
We seem to be predominantly in our mid-forties here - at least those of us willing to admit to our age Wink . I will be enrolling in a masters in social work as soon as I can, though that's one area that you have to study in a b&m school - probably OSU (go Bucks!) No one knows of a legitimate online social work masters program per chance?
Johanna Wrote:We seem to be predominantly in our mid-forties here - at least those of us willing to admit to our age Wink

[COLOR="Navy"]
I'm not bashful - 47 on[/COLOR] October 31st Big Grin
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
49!

These are the best years of my life!
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Green"]Mary

80 Traditional credits
45 testing

9 CLEPS
Freshmen Comp- 71
Analyzing & Interpreting Lit -72
Human Growth & Development -73
Ed Psych -67

CLEP Humanties- 7/11/06 -74
CLEP American Lit- 7/18/06 - 65
CLEP US History I I 7/18/06- 63
CLEP American Government 8/8-57
CLEP US History II 8/8 -68

2 DSSTs- 8/11
Here's to your Health 69
Fundamentals of Counseling 64

Indiana University School of Continuing Studies
B.G.S-Done!
125 credits 10/20/06 -
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 3,947 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 9 585 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,730 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 247 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 679 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 667 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ‘We did it together’: New York mother and daughter graduate college on same day LevelUP 0 198 12-22-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Why degree mills center so hard in post-graduate degrees? elcastor21 7 954 12-08-2023, 06:56 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Canada's Newest Medical School - Opening 2026 at SFU bjcheung77 1 339 11-01-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Brown Medical School withdraws from U.S. News rankings allvia 2 457 10-30-2023, 09:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77