Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduate School Anyone?
Criticalthinker Wrote:Why you young whippersnapper you...!

hilarious

I agree Mary! Why...Snazz is barely out of diapers...it's amazing he is able to pass all these tests when he can barely see over the edge of the table!!

::my turn to duck::

JoAnne Big Grin Big Grin
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
Kiwi Lover Wrote:I agree Mary! Why...Snazz is barely out of diapers...
JoAnne Big Grin Big Grin

[SIZE="3"]From diapers to depends.......[/SIZE]hilarious
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Criticalthinker Wrote:<<It's encouraging to see that even the elderly are able to earn their degrees by testing out!>>

[Image: istockphoto_977516_seniors_faces.jpg]

Why you young whippersnapper you...!

hilarious

Aaaw man! You didn't tell me the school photographer was coming in to take our class picture.

You guys look great though, for your age!
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
LOL...

I'm going to be back in diapers by the time I graduate, if I don't stay on track with these *%#%^&** traditional courses!!

hilarious

Back to the grindstone.
snazzlefrag Wrote:I'm happy for all of you,

It's encouraging to see that even the elderly are able to earn their degrees by testing out!

Do you old people get any kind of discount on your CLEP fees?
hilarious

::ducking::
Snazzlefrag
Hey Rob,
I just found this forum. You guys are doing a great job. I am glad to see that you are doing well in your pursuit.
As a matter of fact, in Georgia we do get an old folks discount. Anyone over 62 can attend a State College or University tutition free. Unfortunately, that does not apply to the online courses.
If anyone can find a Graduate Program that you can do by testing, count me in.
Ron
Papa Georgia Wrote:Hey Rob,
I just found this forum. You guys are doing a great job. I am glad to see that you are doing well in your pursuit.
As a matter of fact, in Georgia we do get an old folks discount. Anyone over 62 can attend a State College or University tutition free. Unfortunately, that does not apply to the online courses.
If anyone can find a Graduate Program that you can do by testing, count me in.
Ron

Hey Papa,

It's good to have you here.

The only graduate degree program I know of, that can be completed entirely by exams, is the MBA at Heriot-Watt University in Scotland.

http://www.postgraduate.hw.ac.uk/distance/

You study at your own pace, and then take a final 3-hour exam for each course.

I'm sure you are already aware of it,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]
I'm 24 and hoping to graduate in the next 9 months. Traditional classes drove me absolutely batty since the majority of people in the classes were my age and only there to party with their parents' money. Add in lackluster instructors, extra fees that don't give me anything, unreasonable class times, majors I didn't like, parking problems... hmm, I forgot- what was it that I was paying for?? I'm married and have a job and family in town, so I think testing out of the rest of my degree will suit me just fine. Wink

I was thinking about an MA in Human Resource Management for later on, but I'm also starting to look seriously at flight school since my work schedule just became more flexible.
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
Katterina,

Welcome to the board! You came to the right place to find comments and experiences on many of the CLEP, DSST and ECE exams. Good luck on your path to a higher education.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="blue"]
BS in Accounting(General) from Excelsior College
Enrolled in MBA program at Upper Iowa University.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Katterina Wrote:I'm 24 and hoping to graduate in the next 9 months. Traditional classes drove me absolutely batty since the majority of people in the classes were my age and only there to party with their parents' money. Add in lackluster instructors, extra fees that don't give me anything, unreasonable class times, majors I didn't like, parking problems... hmm, I forgot- what was it that I was paying for?? I'm married and have a job and family in town, so I think testing out of the rest of my degree will suit me just fine. Wink

I was thinking about an MA in Human Resource Management for later on, but I'm also starting to look seriously at flight school since my work schedule just became more flexible.

Hi Katterina,

Welcome to the board!

I notice in your signature that you are going for a BA Liberal Studies with an Area of Focus in Psychology, from Excelsior.

An Area of Focus requires 21 credits in the chosen subject. But are you aware that 30 credits will get you an actual BS in Psychology?

Since you have 52 credits to go, you could almost certainly work in the required exams to get a full major in Psychology, if that is something you would like to do.

I'm not saying that is what you should do, but just wanted to make sure you were aware of the option.

Excelsior is changing their policy for the Psych degree after Jan 1st, and it will no longer be possible to fulfill all the requirements by exam. But if you enroll in the degree before that date, it IS possible to test-out of the entire Psychology major.

Anyway, it might be something for you to consider.

It's good to have you with us,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]
I wasn't sure whether I wanted to go full major or for a more general liberal studies major since I'm just after a "punch card" degree. To be honest, I dread statistics (I would need to take an actual class) and I don't know how hard the research methods test will be for me, being a math phobe. Would employers look more favorably on a real major if I'm not applying in the psychology field? I see what you mean about the January deadline though... better now than ever if I want the major. Maybe I should apply for the psychology major and only switch if I change my mind so that I don't lose the opportunity.
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 3,962 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 9 587 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,747 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 248 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 679 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 671 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ‘We did it together’: New York mother and daughter graduate college on same day LevelUP 0 198 12-22-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Why degree mills center so hard in post-graduate degrees? elcastor21 7 954 12-08-2023, 06:56 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Canada's Newest Medical School - Opening 2026 at SFU bjcheung77 1 341 11-01-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Brown Medical School withdraws from U.S. News rankings allvia 2 459 10-30-2023, 09:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77