Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduate School Anyone?
lithoguy Wrote:At Ashford University, Natural Sciences (or any of the sciences) is worth 4 credit hours to fulfill the general educational requirement for a science.

Interesting...thanks for the info!
EXCELSIOR COLLEGE
BS-LS: AoF Admin/Mgmt Studies
0 to BS in under 9 months

EXCELSIOR CLASSES (7 Credits)
College Math (A) Eng Comp (B) Info Lit (P)

CLEP (42 Credits)
A&I Lit-6CH (71) SS&H-6CH (66) Humanities-6CH (65) Mgmt (66) Marketing (66) HG&Dev (61) Info Sys&Comp App (60) Sociology (60) Psych (59) Business Law (55) Am Gov't (50)

DSST (57 Credits)
Found of Ed (67-A) Fund of Counseling (67-A) Intro to Business (65-A) Civil War & Recon (62-A) Tech Writing (59-A) Intro Law Enforcement (59-A) Principles of Supervision (58-A) Org Behavior (57-A) Environ&Humanity (53-B) Anthropology (52-B) Astronomy (52-B) World Religions (450) Substance Abuse (450) Ethics in America (447) HTYH (433) Intro to Comp (432) Personal Finance (422) Criminal Justice (409) Mgmt Info Sys (409)

ECE (21 Credits)
HR Mgmt (A) Cultural Diversity © Ethics © Organizational Behavior (B) Found of Gerontology © Psych of A&A © Social Psych ©

Up Next:
MPA @ AMU stating Sept 09
Ok, I feel like a little 2-year-old on here...hehe you guys are so motivated to get your degrees! Keep up the great work! Smile
I am 17 and I will be graduating with my BA from TESC next summer.
My mom is encouraging to get my Master's after that, and I would like to get it as well. Right now I'm looking around at the possibilities I have for next year and I guess I have awhile to figure it all out. Going to decide by the end this December though, so I have a solid plan for my future. Wink
Whoo 30th post! I am now a squire!
Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.
C. S. Lewis

~Passed: CLEP A&I Literature, Introductory Psychology, US History 1, US History 2, English Comp w/ Essay, American Literature, English Literature, Social Sciences & History, Humanities, Introductory Sociology, Human Growth & Development, Educational Psychology, Western Civilizations I,
In the queue:
CLEP-College Mathematics, Western Civilization 2, Natural Sciences, Spanish, Principles Of Management, Principles of Marketing-
Dantes: Introduction to Computing, Introduction to World Religions, Technical Writing, Principles Of Public Speaking
Great job Elizabeth.

You are definitely a blessing to your parents. Wow, what an amazing accomplishment to graduate college at 17.

Keep up the good work. At what age did you start your degree seeking?

Elizabeth Wrote:Ok, I feel like a little 2-year-old on here...hehe you guys are so motivated to get your degrees! Keep up the great work! Smile
I am 17 and I will be graduating with my BA from TESC next summer.
My mom is encouraging to get my Master's after that, and I would like to get it as well. Right now I'm looking around at the possibilities I have for next year and I guess I have awhile to figure it all out. Going to decide by the end this December though, so I have a solid plan for my future. Wink
Whoo 30th post! I am now a squire!
ImustStudy
----------------------------------------
A.S. Liberal Arts- Excelsior College 2007
B.S. Criminal Justice- Excelsior College 2008
M.B.A.- California Coast University 2012
EdS- Liberty University 2014
EdD- Liberty University 2016

Miscellaneous graduate coursework from University of The Rockies and California InterContinental University (that did me absolutely NO GOOD whatsoever)
mongoose65 Wrote:I would never lie about my age. I've been 39 for 5 years now.

I gave up birthdays last year. I now celebrate anniversaries of my 39th birthday. This year was my first! I think the gift is supposed to be paper or something... :p

Btw, I know this thread goes back about 3 years but thanks everyone I'm really enjoying it!!!
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
I'm dragging up this old thread Big Grin

I'm attempting to convince mi padre (62 going on 45) to get a Master's degree. I have many many many questions for all you heroic achievers, just to give myself ammo Big Grin (and for future reference for myself Smile )

-He has a BS in Business from OSU, but ideally he would get an MA in History, do most schools require the BA/S to be in the same area as the MA
-can you test out of anything for MAs? Like upper level DSSTs (I know there's several history ones)
-how much does a "cheaper" MA usually cost altogether? (ballpark, I know it's going to vary)

Thanks folks [:
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)
PonyGirl93 Wrote:I'm dragging up this old thread Big Grin

I'm attempting to convince mi padre (62 going on 45) to get a Master's degree. I have many many many questions for all you heroic achievers, just to give myself ammo Big Grin (and for future reference for myself Smile )

-He has a BS in Business from OSU, but ideally he would get an MA in History, do most schools require the BA/S to be in the same area as the MA
-can you test out of anything for MAs? Like upper level DSSTs (I know there's several history ones)
-how much does a "cheaper" MA usually cost altogether? (ballpark, I know it's going to vary)

Thanks folks [:
- No not always. He can check out WNMU's MA in Interdisciplinary Studies. They've got history as a component, and from what I've ready they are pretty interesting (and entertaining) classes but most of them are History of the SW types. AMU/APU has a variety of history areas for their Master's programs. (And too bad he doesn't have a degree from the right OSU... <Grin>)
- Nope.. Closest thing I've seen are the independant learning courses from VESI, but those are mostly in the area of teaching.
- WNMU (and all of NM schools that I've seen) are only about $800/6 credits if you take 6 credits or less a semester. APU/AMU runs about $300/grad credit right now, but they offer an insane amount of variety along with 8 & 16 week classes and you don't have a limit, so one could take two 8 week classes at a time twice in a semester (12 credits, 3 semesters like that and they could be fried..errrmm done.. )...
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
Not History per se (though you can concentrate in history if you want). Interesting and $230/credit: HUX Home

Phillip
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Management 77[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Sociology 74[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Marketing 78[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Psychology 80 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro Business Law 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 73[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP A & I Lit 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Financial Accounting 62[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Ethics in America 468[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST MIS 482[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Natural Science 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Org Behavior 80[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Finance 462[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Next: ALEKS Jail (College Algebra) Going dark to finish[/SIZE]
I've taken the last clep (American Literature-53) which fulfilled my requirements for my BSIT and now awaiting to hear from Excelsior for my diploma. I want to go for a Master in Computer Science but it seem that I may have to take the GRE to be able to enroll in the Master program. I guess I should start preparing myself for the exam. Truthfully, I am not sure which college to apply to. Any suggestions?
BSIT- Excelsior 2010, MCSE (2003), CCNP, Project+
Quote:Any suggestions?

A couple...

Highly regarded
UIS Department of Computer Science

Extremely affordable
CSU Online students pay $210 per credit plus a $66 technology fee per course Columbus State University: Grad - Program Details
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
I enrolled in, and have since completed, the graduate degree program in Liberal Arts at Excelsior. I enjoyed the program, which was rigorous and flexible. You're able to transfer in most of your graduate level courses while tailoring your program toward your thesis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 28 2,572 03-22-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: KagomeH
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,623 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 199 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 612 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 618 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ‘We did it together’: New York mother and daughter graduate college on same day LevelUP 0 189 12-22-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Why degree mills center so hard in post-graduate degrees? elcastor21 7 915 12-08-2023, 06:56 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Canada's Newest Medical School - Opening 2026 at SFU bjcheung77 1 320 11-01-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Brown Medical School withdraws from U.S. News rankings allvia 2 437 10-30-2023, 09:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How Technology Shapes Ideas - University of Chicago Graham School Charles Fout 0 256 09-15-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout