Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduate Schools attended by Excelsior graduates
Hi all,

I found this PDF file on the Excelsior website. The file is titled "Graduate School Intentions of Excelsior College Alumni". In this file, it lists many institutions that have accepted an Excelsior College Undergraduate Degree for admission into their Graduate programs.

The document can be found at http://www.excelsior.edu under Alumni Connection, Continuing Your Education.

I am providing the location of this document solely for informational purposes. I WILL NOT argue or discuss it's validity.

-
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="blue"]
BS in Accounting(General) from Excelsior College
Enrolled in MBA program at Upper Iowa University.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
SimonTam Wrote:Hi all,

I found this PDF file on the Excelsior website. The file is titled "Graduate School Intentions of Excelsior College Alumni". In this file, it lists many institutions that have accepted an Excelsior College Undergraduate Degree for admission into their Graduate programs.

The document can be found at http://www.excelsior.edu under Alumni Connection, Continuing Your Education.

I am providing the location of this document solely for informational purposes. I WILL NOT argue or discuss it's validity.

-

Thanks for providing that information. I know Excelsior student appreciate the post.
Smile Smile
Crystal King
BS Liberal Studies 3.87
Preparing for GRE
Goal Master Library Science 2009

Ambition is the Path to success,
Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.
A state of Florida public school lists UG schools their College of Law students graduated from:
http://law.fiu.edu/admissions/facts.htm

I thought it was pretty cool to see EC listed alongside Ivy Leagues.
[SIZE="1"]Ana
[COLOR="DarkRed"]96 credits completed (93 by exam)
BS in General Business, Excelsior College (33 credits remaining)
Next exams: DSST Statistics, DSST Business Law 2
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
anar579 Wrote:A state of Florida public school lists UG schools their College of Law students graduated from:
http://law.fiu.edu/admissions/facts.htm

I thought it was pretty cool to see EC listed alongside Ivy Leagues.

Yup, that is cool. Also, it's proof that other colleges accept Excelsior degrees. It's better to see it on another university's website than just on Excelsior's.
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="blue"]
BS in Accounting(General) from Excelsior College
Enrolled in MBA program at Upper Iowa University.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
That's definitely an encouraging sign!! Thanks for all the info.
Big Grin Matymus Primehilarious
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College
B.S. General Business, Class of 2008

Fall 2011 - currently pursuing Pre-Pharmacy
Mmm, good, I see UC-San Diego, a university I'm considering for pursuing my PhD. Excelsior College is listed as a college that accepts grad students from Excelsior College, which is good to know. I don't see Harvard, Boston College or MIT, but it's a partial listing, from 2001-2002. What's "Independent," AGSB Switzerland? See good schools such as BU, Urbana Champagne, no Ivies though. Vanderbilt, a "Southern Ivy," is.
Excelsior, BS, pursuing degree

Completed:
CLEP: Hum. (67), Hist. of U.S. I (74), Hist. of U.S. II (71), Intro. Psych. (69), Intro. Soc. (72), Soc. Sci. and Hist. (74), Western Civ I (72), Western Civ II (70), Am. Lit. (60), Intro. to Educ. Psych. (62), P. of Management (74), P. of Market. (74), Intro. Bus. Law (67), P. of Accounting (60), AmGov (68)
DSST: Ethics in Am. (76), P. of Super.(67), HRM (65), Intro to Bus. (70), MIS (65), P. of Fin (62), M&B (65), P. of Stat. (68)
ECE: OB (B)
TECEP:: IntFin, SecAna

Others

Total Credits: 129
Dawn (yutzyj) made the post below on 07/16/07 under the "Diploma Rant" thread, and it really should be included in this thread so that others don't miss this excellent information while browsing the forums in the future. GREAT post Dawn!!! Big Grin

Quote:I feel a need to chime in on this. A degree from one of the distance learning colleges is regionally accredited and holds its' value. In some of my older posts I posted how my daughter is at Ohio State's Law School, Moritz Law School, the number one law school in Ohio. One of her classmates recently graduated from Excelsior and attends with her. Coincidently, he just emailed me because he had read an old post of mine stating that graduates from Excelsior DO get into great graduate schools and I had used him as an example. Here is a part of the email he just sent to me with our personal information deleted:

----- Original Message -----

To: Dawn

Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 11:23 PM

Subject: Moritz and Instantcert

Dawn:

I recently came across your comments from last year on Instantcert. I am the Joseph that you talked about in your thread, and I am now finishing my final semester at OSU Moritz College of Law. I did indeed get my Bachelor’s of Global Business from Excelsior College. I was accepted at 7 law schools, the most notable being Ohio State, Case Western and Wayne State University in Detroit. In completing my Excelsior Degree I tested out of 78 credits using CLEP, Dantes, NYU foreign language exams and a Thomas Edison University Exam. I completed their accredited degree program in 18 months. At OSU and Case I was actually accepted in the earlier period of the rolling admissions program.

Joe

Dawn:

Yes, I am really glad to be finishing. I loved my experience at OSU and I love the law school. I could not have asked for a better opportunity and I count myself very fortunate that OSU accepted me. I was initially very worried that they, along with other good schools, would discount my Excelsior degree as not being equal or worthy as other accredited degrees, but that was not the case. The degree was just as good as any other.

It has not been an easy road in law school at my age, but graduation is now only 5 months away and I am quite relieved. I am sure that your daughter will be glad to be finished as well.

Incidentally, I tried to send an email to the person that you were bantering with about an Excelsior degree, but I was not successful. I was also skeptical in the beginning, but I did much research and found that it was really an excellent alternative to the traditional method. Excelsior grads have gone on to graduate school at many top level schools including Ivy League.

Thanks for responding to my email.

Joe

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College will cost up to $95,000 this fall. Schools say it’s OK LevelUP 3 117 9 hours ago
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 4,154 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 467 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 255 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 697 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  ‘We did it together’: New York mother and daughter graduate college on same day LevelUP 0 207 12-22-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 703 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Why degree mills center so hard in post-graduate degrees? elcastor21 7 965 12-08-2023, 06:56 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Excelsior---Liberal Arts Degree midnite123 5 558 10-17-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  Switiching schools Joellem 14 833 09-27-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Joellem