Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduate courses in Political Science
Hi everyone.

I currently hold a Bachelors Degree in Political Science and a Masters Degree in Library and Information Science.  Thanks to this board a couple of years ago I took 3 graduate International Studies courses at the University of Wollongong Australia with the intention of completing their Graduate Certificate in Global Citizenship. 

Unfortunately that program was discontinued before completion but I have managed to obtain a transcript for the three graduate courses.

I would very much like to obtain a Masters Degree in Political Science/International Relations/International Development. 

I am a Canadian and living in Ontario

I would like any suggestions you guys have

From this board I see that University of Colorado Colorado Springs is doing a one semester graduate credit in "Common Sense Government".  I am hesitant to sign up for it even though it is relatively inexpensive because I am unsure how well an online American grad credit will transfer to a Canadian university.  Also because in Ontario the term "common sense government" has negative connotations due to the Government of Mike Harris which billed itself as the "Common Sense Revolution" which involved significant cuts to social and educational spending.

https://www.certell.org/csgsummer/

Its only 6 weeks and relatively inexpensive.  Might be worth trying. 

Can anyone else recommend online sources of graduate credit in political science ?  What do you think I should be looking for ?
No idea on most of your questions, but I can't see why transferring a course would have an issue because of it's name - that's just silly. Either a school will accept graduate credit, and from a US school, or it won't. There shouldn't be any bias in evaluating a course from an RA school just because someone might not like the name of the course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
For sure check out Western New Mexico University' Interdisciplinary Masters.
https://interdisciplinary.wnmu.edu/graduate/masters/

You can take 1/2 your degree in Political Science and 1/2 in something else. Of course if you only want the graduate credit, just enroll - take all your polisci and then unenroll. Under $300 per credit.

Bilingual Education
Business
Criminal Justice
Education
Educational Leadership
English
History
Instructional Technology & Design
Management Information Systems
Political Science
Psychology
Reading Education
Special Education
Writing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 25,390 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  Ms data science for 15k Imbanewbie 15 1,673 04-16-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 66 16,036 04-09-2024, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Phd in environmental science myopenledger 2 232 03-27-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 1,127 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 1,048 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,731 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  German University of Digital Science (100% online, non-profit) Voldigoad 11 1,804 02-15-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MIT University just released free online courses. KSoul 0 490 02-14-2024, 04:33 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,819 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden