Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduate program-less writing intensive
I'm finishing up my BS in Data Science and Analytics through TESU and have started looking at Masters programs. I know TESU also offers an MS degree in Data Science, but I want to fully explore my options. The main thing that's helped me finish the BS program is that all of the area of study courses are very assessment driven instead of writing intensive. That's what I need in a graduate program in order to be successful. Can anyone recommend specific degrees at specific schools that are set up this same way? Cost isn't too much of a factor if I can find the right program. Thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes monroe18's post:
  • akr680
I'm going to guess that WGU's MS in Data Analytics is less writing intensive, but I would call and check.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • akr680
(10-03-2019, 01:31 PM)monroe18 Wrote: I'm finishing up my BS in Data Science and Analytics through TESU and have started looking at Masters programs. I know TESU also offers an MS degree in Data Science, but I want to fully explore my options. The main thing that's helped me finish the BS program is that all of the area of study courses are very assessment driven instead of writing intensive. That's what I need in a graduate program in order to be successful. Can anyone recommend specific degrees at specific schools that are set up this same way? Cost isn't too much of a factor if I can find the right program. Thanks!

Are you open to asking this question on a different forum? The "sister forum" to this one is as strong regarding graduate schools as this form is about undergrad. It's just got a lot more people with that kind of knowledge. https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php
But, don't be surprised if someone on the other forum insults you. They're pretty rude to newcomers who appear to be asking for easier programs.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 3 users Like sanantone's post:
  • akr680, dewisant, suzycupcake
(10-17-2019, 07:21 PM)sanantone Wrote: But, don't be surprised if someone on the other forum insults you. They're pretty rude to newcomers who appear to be asking for easier programs.

it's possible. You can just search the archives and not post.

Here's a start
https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ive.55745/

https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...avy.39119/
(10-17-2019, 07:21 PM)sanantone Wrote: But, don't be surprised if someone on the other forum insults you. They're pretty rude to newcomers who appear to be asking for easier programs.

I concur. They seem to be rude to anyone that deviates from their ideals. That is one of the main reasons I haven't participated on that forum in many years.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • dewisant
This! There are a few especially who like to be...well you can use your imagination. Definitely not the ideal place to ask unless you are looking at a more difficult program as they tend to insult those who have different ideas for a program.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
There seems to be the biggest d-bag on the entire planet on that forum, Steve Levicoff. Don't waste your time there. I went on there to see what it was about and what I just read was absolutely DISGUSTING.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
They probably wouldn't be able to answer the question anyway. There are a few IT guys there who graduated college long before data science degrees were a thing, and that's about it among the STEM fields.

One recent question I thought they would be able to answer easily was which state universities accept NA credits. Instead, the thread devolved into an argument about the value of NA degrees and how people who get them are idiots. I did a few minutes of research and found CSU Global.

I do have a STEM educational background, but it's in the life sciences. From what I've experienced and seen, traditional, brick and mortar universities tend to require less writing. Non-traditional schools act like they have something to prove and put too much focus on number of pages and APA formatting.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 18 19,496 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 65 15,053 03-06-2024, 05:33 PM
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 911 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,404 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,537 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 625 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
Thumbs Up Will graduate schools in the United States and abroad accept an online college degree shoron 47 6,500 01-15-2024, 11:18 PM
  I am looking for a budget online MBA program ranked among the top 50 in USA shrekr 51 15,211 01-15-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Country Preview : Graduate/Doctorate Degrees in Malaysia bjcheung77 11 2,326 01-13-2024, 11:34 AM
  Using Pell Grant for Graduate Courses while Undergrad SophiaPrincess 2 452 10-19-2023, 02:57 PM