Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduate programs
Finished my BLS last term and starting my BA in History in January through UMPI.. I want to get a graduate degree, however I'm having a terrible time picking a program. I would LOVE to stay with UMPI but after Ashkir's experience, I'm pretty turned off and honestly, I'm intimidated by WGU. Are there any other competency based graduate programs out there? Truly looking for Leadership degree(not really interested in MBA).
Maybe Walden? There's a list here that you can look through. I'm not sure which one has what degree, though: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...d_Programs
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Taymass
Another option is UMass Global (Brandman), however they use the same Strut learning system as UMPI. Your best bet that is CBE is the WGU MSML... I highly recommend WGU, so does a few on this board who have completed the program... also because that program has ACBSP programmatic/secondary accreditation!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Taymass
(11-18-2021, 01:05 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Another option is UMass Global (Brandman), however they use the same Strut learning system as UMPI.  Your best bet that is CBE is the WGU MSML... I highly recommend WGU, so does a few on this board who have completed the program... also because that program has ACBSP programmatic/secondary accreditation!

I see you're currently at Walden-- How do you like their structure/the program??
(11-18-2021, 12:36 PM)Taymass Wrote: Finished my BLS last term and starting my BA in History in January through UMPI.. I want to get a graduate degree, however I'm having a terrible time picking a program. I would LOVE to stay with UMPI but after Ashkir's experience, I'm pretty turned off and honestly, I'm intimidated by WGU. Are there any other competency based graduate programs out there? Truly looking for Leadership degree(not really interested in MBA).

WGU has a MSML. I'm going for that once I complete my BABA at UMPI. WGU is also CBE. There's not a ton of grad CBE programs out there. I won't touch the UMPI or UMass Global one after ashkir's experience. UMass Global used to be Brandman University and the MAOL at UMPI is the exact same program. WGU has 6 month terms instead of 8 weeks which is way better in my opinion. Walden has some CBE programs, but you have to make sure you can complete a degree at Walden. They're not available in every state. They're also more $$$ than WGU. What about WGU are you intimidated by?
(11-18-2021, 07:55 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 12:36 PM)Taymass Wrote: Finished my BLS last term and starting my BA in History in January through UMPI.. I want to get a graduate degree, however I'm having a terrible time picking a program. I would LOVE to stay with UMPI but after Ashkir's experience, I'm pretty turned off and honestly, I'm intimidated by WGU. Are there any other competency based graduate programs out there? Truly looking for Leadership degree(not really interested in MBA).

WGU has a MSML. I'm going for that once I complete my BABA at UMPI. WGU is also CBE. There's not a ton of grad CBE programs out there. I won't touch the UMPI or UMass Global one after ashkir's experience. UMass Global used to be Brandman University and the MAOL at UMPI is the exact same program. WGU has 6 month terms instead of 8 weeks which is way better in my opinion. Walden has some CBE programs, but you have to make sure you can complete a degree at Walden. They're not available in every state. They're also more $$$ than WGU. What about WGU are you intimidated by?

Honestly I’m not sure— so I went ahead and applied for the MSML to start in March through WGU! Hopefully I’ll do well.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate with honor Sara143 5 390 03-16-2024, 11:19 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Increase in YourPace Programs Mint Berry Crunch 5 847 11-29-2023, 10:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Any news or rumors of any new master's programs at UMPI? Pelican 2 704 06-20-2022, 12:19 PM
  The Graduate's Almanac ashkir 15 1,871 05-15-2021, 01:25 PM