Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduation and Commencement Tips and Tricks? 2021
Hey everyone...FINALLY I will be FINALLY walking across that big beautiful stage at the CURE Arena! (Forum Thank You and Shout Outs coming SOON...I have so much to write....)  My questions are simple and straight forward:  What should I know?  How early should I get there? (Graduation is at 2pm for me), where are the BEST places on the TESU campus to TAKE PICTURES with something that says TESU in the Background LOL!  Oh!  I am graduating with a BSBA in General Management, and Associates in Business Administration, and a certificate in Organizational Leadership....do I only walk across the stage once?  Anything else I should know?  Maybe local restaurants to eat at?  Local sights?  I know that it is close to Philadelphia, so I plan to stay in "Philly" and drive up to graduation.  Anything else I need to know? I'M SO EXCITED!  I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING!!!  THANK YOU EVERYONE!!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
[-] The following 4 users Like Toastmaster's post:
  • k-k-k-katy, studyingfortests, tallpilot, thecontrarian
Congrats! Sorry, I don't know the answers to any of your questions, but congrats on making it to graduation!
(09-11-2021, 06:11 AM)JB33 Wrote: Congrats! Sorry, I don't know the answers to any of your questions, but congrats on making it to graduation!

I appreciate it!!  Thank you very much!!! Smile
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

OMG, congrats my friend, way to go!! You got this!! I would love to have walked, but couldn't travel back then as I had other plans and was low on cash... Anyways, you should take a look at this campus link: https://www.tesu.edu/about/campus There are multiple areas with the TESU name, you can take pictures at each one if you wanted to! I wouldn't sweat it, go with it when the time comes, most commencements are in orderly fashion anyways, just go for dinner afterwards to celebrate!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-11-2021, 10:51 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: OMG, congrats my friend, way to go!!  You got this!! I would love to have walked, but couldn't travel back then as I had other plans and was low on cash...  Anyways, you should take a look at this campus link: https://www.tesu.edu/about/campus  There are multiple areas with the TESU name, you can take pictures at each one if you wanted to!  I wouldn't sweat it, go with it when the time comes, most commencements are in orderly fashion anyways, just go for dinner afterwards to celebrate!
APPRECIATE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

There is an archway at 108 W. State Street. Here you can view the street view.
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.2206239,...384!8i8192
(09-12-2021, 12:03 PM)DIGI-212 Wrote: There is an archway at 108 W. State Street. Here you can view the street view.
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.2206239,...384!8i8192

THAT IS AMAZING!!!!  I will take one of my photos there for sure.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Congratulations!
Hope you have a nice time there.

Sent from my NX591J using DegreeForum.net mobile app
Hey, I live about 10-15 minutes from TESU. Here's a few things you might not get from the websites.

The CURE Arena is on the other side of town from TESU. You will need to drive and park, or take an Uber/Lyft between the two. CURE has parking, you'll need to do street parking or find a parking garage for TESU.

TESU is in Trenton proper. If you're not used to a city (although Trenton isn't super city-like), just be aware of that. There's not a traditional "campus" like you might be imagining. That arch that was linked is pretty much your best/only spot for a good photo. Maybe here too, but the archway is definitely nicer IMO. https://goo.gl/maps/CDGywdRrf9sbBRLK6

The parking lot for CURE is right outside, so you shouldn't have to show up that early. I'm planning on getting there a little after 1.

As for sights, I'm not really sure. Grounds for Sculpture is the closest "Trenton" sight I can think of. https://www.groundsforsculpture.org/ And evidently Riverfest is happening that weekend, but I can't tell you how it is: https://riverfestnj.com/
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
Oh, and since you're staying in Philly, I'd stop by Mastori's (https://mastoris.com/) and grab some of their cinnamon or cheese bread (or both). And Chickie's and Pete's is a Philly-area sports bar. The food isn't that great IMO, except for the crabby fries (regular and sweet potato crinkle-cut fries).
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 693 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  Residency waiver beyond graduation gams007 15 1,384 01-15-2024, 03:48 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  When to apply for graduation? Kones 1 225 01-06-2024, 02:13 PM
Question Local proctoring experiences/tips? jch 17 2,183 10-30-2023, 09:27 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  How to enroll after graduation? No INTERNSHIP!! mt_1994 9 702 10-19-2023, 01:21 PM
Question TECEP Study Tips For CMP-354 Network Technology udi 41 7,167 09-09-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU transcript before graduation spohara 2 692 10-16-2022, 08:45 AM
Last Post: spohara
Information Reminder: 2021 Scholarship Award Cycle is Open jch 12 1,413 08-16-2022, 09:10 AM
Last Post: jch
  Graduation question gams007 5 724 07-28-2022, 11:02 AM
Last Post: gams007