Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP - Issue with CLEP Proctor Track software
Trying to take a CLEP test through the Proctor Track software.  I get to the point where it says to take a picture of yourself and the ID.  But, the button to click is not enabled and I can't go further.  
I used their Live Chat and the person said they needed remote access to my computer to solve the problem. Reluctantly I agreed.  They ended the chat without solving anything.
I then tried a second laptop. Same exact problem at the same exact spot.  I contacted the LIVE support again on this computer.  They said they needed remote access and I again reluctantly agreed.  They messed around, downloaded a random webcam, then just abruptly left the chat.  
Nothing was solved.  They just messed around then disappeared. 
I have Windows 10, and a working webcam that has permission to use the software.  
Anyone else have this problem??
I've not tried any CLEP exams, but are you doing this on an account that has Administrator access? If not, that could be your trouble. If so, I have nothing useful to suggest aside from that.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
That's one of the main reasons I don't like taking exams at home, when technical issues occur out of the blue. Lucky for me, I've not had many issues with ProctorU, RPNow, etc. I think the Proctor Track software is similar to many proctor software where they'll require access to a webcam/mic to record your audio and take your ID, pictures, video, etc... Many times applications or webpages won't let you continue as it thinks there is a field of input missing, my guess is something on that screen wasn't fully completed. Were you able to get a screenshot by any chance?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hey there, I actually had THE EXACT same problem. I allowed them to access my computer remotely twice for over 30 mins each time and nothing worked. I eventually just emailed proctortrack explaining the situation and gave my account info and I just kept checking over a few days and all of a sudden I was granted access. I took my first remote proctoring test today and it did the face scan no problem. So there is a definite issue with that part of their website, but they have the ability to verify you if the system is having probem.
Slight sidetrack: is the ProctorTrack software closer to RPNow (recorded, take any time) or ProctorU (100% live, must schedule in advance so that someone is available to watch you)?
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
The CLEP exams I took remotely through proctortrack last year were all live synchronous sessions. I had to interact with the proctor via the chat to acknowledge and confirm their instructions.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • rachel83az
(04-06-2022, 01:30 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Slight sidetrack: is the ProctorTrack software closer to RPNow (recorded, take any time) or ProctorU (100% live, must schedule in advance so that someone is available to watch you)?

It's like ProctorU. Also, more bugs similar to what described in this thread. I ended up skipping planned CLEPs because their proctoring sucks.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoStudentNoCry's post:
  • rachel83az
That's what I thought, but the descriptions of issues here made it sound asynchronous.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Yup, as I mentioned, if people have CLEP testing sites nearby, they're a very good option. I would not use the ProctorTrack option even if it was free, too many issues, I'd rather go for some alternative ACE options instead. Having said that, if they "fix" most of the issues, taking a 6 credit CLEP at home would be awesome.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The CLEP at-home proctoring software is a dumpster fire. I've written before about the large "exit" button that appears on the question review page (that exits the entire test, rather than just the review page, but gives no warning of this.)

A senior official from College Board told me they knew that was a problem and it was to be fixed "within 2 weeks", but someone here wrote about having the exact same problem months later.

While I did not have the ID problem you describe, a friend did have a similar problem. I assume that is a ProctorTrack issue and not with the CLEP test itself, but the combination of the two seems pretty bad.

And those aren't the only problems that have been described.

I've said in other places that, in spite of the issues, I would probably still try the exam at home again if I had the choice of that or driving 2 hours (closest CLEP center to me). But if it were that or a test center 30 minutes away... I'd probably do the test center.

In a somewhat related vein, when I went to take the UExcel exam, no at-home proctoring spots were available for 4 weeks! But appointments at a testing center 15 minutes away were available the following day. This seems pretty unfathomable; how hard is it to have resources to proctor at-home testing, especially when it's one person monitoring dozens of test-takers?

What's pretty shocking is that as large as College Board and UExcel are, neither of them seem able to get it together to get these sorts of problems with their third-party vendors, or their own platforms, solved. You'd think they'd have enough resources and clout to make things happen quickly. But apparently not.
[-] The following 2 users Like studyingfortests's post:
  • Ideas, rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CLEP transcript question NOX 3 91 Yesterday, 10:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CLEP Scores Change from 20 years to 10 natshar 2 150 04-14-2024, 10:14 PM
  Can CLEP, SDC, Sophia be considered Education Credit Expenses? bruh 1 119 04-13-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  CLEP Economics marinereef 3 266 04-05-2024, 01:46 PM
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 207 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 530 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 890 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 569 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 732 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 465 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill