Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Appleton, Wisconsin?
Anyone live around or visit Wisconsin enough to give me a few tourist ideas? We have 5 free nights hotel stay that we can choose from a few places- anyway, Appleton is near the top of th list.
I don't know anything about Appleton. From the looks of it, Green Bay seems to be THE destination, and Appleton looks to be "near" that area. I don't mind staying a half hour away from the action, that isn't a problem for us. As zoo and museum members, we noticed Appleton has a zoo and museum on our reciprocal list- so that's a plus. Directly across the lake- I used to live in Traverse City, Michigan and LOVED that area....so I think it looks like it might be a similar kind of community? Anyway- pluses or minuses welcome. (We have a few other choices)

Oh, I wanted to add, since I have 4 children I am a psycho about safety. We were robbed last year at our hotel- so if this area is in the least bit ghetto, it's off the list.
Hi Jennifer,
I don't know if Madison is one of the other choices you have, but I just moved from there to Minneapolis and I can tell you that Madison would be a wonderful city to visit.

Besides just being an especially pretty city (the lakes, the capital, etc.,), it is really clean and there are tons of things to do. They have a terrific farmer's market on weekends right at the capital, live music almost every weekend, a nice, free zoo, the Monona Terrace is lovely, and the Memorial Union was one of my son's favorite spots. They also have a small children's museum and tons of other stuff.

Also, depending on where you stay, believe it or not - Milwaukee can be really great too. They have a gorgeous children's museum right on the water, along with a wonderful, nice-sized zoo.

Unfortunately, I did not get to the Appleton/Green Bay area much so I can't help out there.

Let me know if I can help.
Kelly
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Purple"]Thomas Edison State College BSBA - 6/10
Excelsior College BS Liberal Arts - 9/10

Amberton MBA - 12/13 [/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
jadechow Wrote:Hi Jennifer,
I don't know if Madison is one of the other choices you have, but I just moved from there to Minneapolis and I can tell you that Madison would be a wonderful city to visit.

Besides just being an especially pretty city (the lakes, the capital, etc.,), it is really clean and there are tons of things to do. They have a terrific farmer's market on weekends right at the capital, live music almost every weekend, a nice, free zoo, the Monona Terrace is lovely, and the Memorial Union was one of my son's favorite spots. They also have a small children's museum and tons of other stuff.

Also, depending on where you stay, believe it or not - Milwaukee can be really great too. They have a gorgeous children's museum right on the water, along with a wonderful, nice-sized zoo.

Unfortunately, I did not get to the Appleton/Green Bay area much so I can't help out there.

Let me know if I can help.
Kelly

Kelly,
Hummmm that sounds really nice! I'll check to see if there is anything on our list in that area! Thanks a bunch!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Wisconsin to Offer a Bachelor's to Students Who Take Online Competency IrishJohn 11 1,862 01-26-2013, 09:58 PM
Last Post: IrishJohn
  Wisconsin teachers ryoder 34 4,497 03-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512