Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Anyone Taken.....
I need some insight to a few dantes tests if anyone can help..please!!

rise and fall of the Russian empire
alcohol and drug abuse
civil war reconstruction

What I specifically need is insight on the difficulty of these tests and which test might be the best one to start with as Iembark on switching over from clep to dantes. I don't know what to expect with dantes..which format is generally harder?Cool
I found this Dantes test to be fairly easy. I say that in relation to the fact that I passed with a 50 and I only went through the InstantCert flash cards once before taking the test. Admittedly I went through them quickly, but I can remember that you really need to focus on which classes of drugs have what effects, because there are many similarities between classes of drugs.

For me, InstantCert was the sole reason I passed it. It sure wasn't from my limited drug use!

As far as differences between CLEP and Dantes, I can say that since the Dantes tests are more focused on specific subject matter, I found them to be easier. What wasn't easier was sweating out the 3 weeks awaiting my results! I did hate using a pencil to color in the dots on the answer sheet. It only took a short time, but repeatedly coloring in the dots gets VERY annoying.:eek:
I believe in CLEPs over Dantes, mainly for that reason--you know your results as soon as you're done. A lot of times you take a Dantes and you don't feel like you passed, but you won't know for several weeks.

Out of the three you listed, I would take Civil War last. The Soviet Union DSST is too new, so no feedback yet, but you can be the first! Big Grin
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
RBOWMAN Wrote:I need some insight to a few dantes tests if anyone can help..please!!

rise and fall of the Russian empire
alcohol and drug abuse
civil war reconstruction

What I specifically need is insight on the difficulty of these tests and which test might be the best one to start with as Iembark on switching over from clep to dantes. I don't know what to expect with dantes..which format is generally harder?Cool

I can't say how good preparation InstantCert is for the Soviet Union DANTES, but the test is doable. I passed it using a library study guide, went through it once, and passed pretty well. I'm sure InstantCert will prepare you well, though.

Drug and Alcohol Abuse will be cake using only InstantCert. I'd try to get through it two or three times, especially all the brain-chemical relationship type parts (which was a bit much for me)... but it'll be easy even if you only use InstantCert.

Civil War was rough. I didn't study enough the first time and failed by 1 point. I just retook it, and I think I allowed enough time to study -- just make sure you understand the commanders, battles, that type of thing. Maybe supplement your studies here with looking on the Wikipedia and checking out the major battles. It'll come in handy.

BTW, I am not being paid by InstantCert, I'm just a very satisfied customer... a "Raving Fan", if you read those corporate-type books Wink.

slaughterhause
sgloer Wrote:I believe in CLEPs over Dantes, mainly for that reason--you know your results as soon as you're done. A lot of times you take a Dantes and you don't feel like you passed, but you won't know for several weeks.

I know this is probably irrelevant, but just so you know, I test in Darmstadt, Germany's Ed Center, and they don't give us computer CLEP tests. I gotta wait just as long and with just as bated breath as I would for DSST for the paper results to come back, and it is NO fun. :p