Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Good morning, I am new on this forum and I needed some help because I am a little confuse about if I should go to Excelsior or not.  I am taking Sophia courses and I will start my UL courses with Study.com. My goal is to take a BABA in HR. Is possible someone give me some suggestions or help me with a plan? 
Thank you much!
Excelsior can certainly be a bit confusing to plan for! I am not sure that you can complete a BSBA there entirely through alternate means. The good news is that by taking Sophia and/or SDC courses first, you can take 2 extra EC courses for not much more than it would cost to only take the bare minimum. Sophia and SDC students get a discounted tuition rate if you take 12 or more credits from Excelsior. They only require 7 credits; 12+ credits unlocks the discount.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I appreciate your answer. I just found out about this Forum and I don’t know very well how this works. I was supposed to go to TESU, but it looks they changed their credit policy. So, I was thinking to go to Excelsior, since they only require 7 credits to graduate. I just needed help with my plan, I am taking courses with Sophia and just started with Study. They gave me a paper with the courses that I should take, but I don’t know the best plan to finish this fast.
TESU's change isn't too bad. Depending on how EC's BSBA works out, it might even be cheaper to go with TESU. EC's transfers from SDC ( https://study.com/directory/school/Excel...ransferTab ) aren't overly generous and they really, REALLY want you to take your upper-level credits through them. dfrecore or bjcheung77 should be able to point you in the right direction.

Have you also considered COSC? Even with their RA credit requirement, they should still be less expensive than either TESU or EC.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
I don't think it's possible to complete a BSBA at EC any longer through alternative credit - they downgraded a bunch of Study.com courses, and made it so they won't work to satisfy the core. It's a bummer.

Now, if you want to do the BSLA with a concentration in business, that's totally doable. But an actual BSBA is not.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hey, I got your private message. It's great you're proactive and taking a look at Excelsior while you're taking Sophia.org courses. I would just continue on your current path right now and complete them according to your likes, get them done - just don't rush yourself.

You can decide what may be better - just a basic BSBA degree and work on say the SPHR or PHR certification instead. Another option is to take a WGU Masters such as their MSML or MBA, I usually recommend a combo of the three - 1) Certification 2) Degree 3) Experience.

When you're about done your Sophia.org courses, you can then decide on the concentration or pathway you would like to take. Reply back with more info once you're getting close and have decided how you want to get things done, just update this thread.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hello. Thank you so much for the replay. I appreciate it ? I would be interested on basic BABA or maybe with a concentration in Human Resources. I just need some guidance, since I came from Europe and the system in the US is completely different from Europe. I just discovered this Forum and I am trying to learn with you guys and try to find the best path for me with your help since you guys have a lot experience with the schools and the credit policies. Thank you ?

(12-30-2020, 12:16 PM)rachel83az Wrote: TESU's change isn't too bad. Depending on how EC's BSBA works out, it might even be cheaper to go with TESU. EC's transfers from SDC ( https://study.com/directory/school/Excel...ransferTab ) aren't overly generous and they really, REALLY want you to take your upper-level credits through them. dfrecore or bjcheung77 should be able to point you in the right direction.

Have you also considered COSC? Even with their RA credit requirement, they should still be less expensive than either TESU or EC.
Hello Rachel,

Thank you for your answer, each school is COSC? They let me to transfer more than credits to the school? Thank you!

(12-30-2020, 07:55 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey, I got your private message.  It's great you're proactive and taking a look at Excelsior while you're taking Sophia.org courses.  I would just continue on your current path right now and complete them according to your likes, get them done - just don't rush yourself.  

You can decide what may be better - just a basic BSBA degree and work on say the SPHR or PHR certification instead.  Another option is to take a WGU Masters such as their MSML or MBA, I usually recommend a combo of the three - 1) Certification 2) Degree 3) Experience.

When you're about done your Sophia.org courses, you can then decide on the concentration or pathway you would like to take.  Reply back with more info once you're getting close and have decided how you want to get things done, just update this thread.
Hello. Thank you so much for the replay. I appreciate it ? I would be interested on basic BABA or maybe with a concentration in Human Resources. I just need some guidance, since I came from Europe and the system in the US is completely different from Europe. I just discovered this Forum and I am trying to learn with you guys and try to find the best path for me with your help since you guys have a lot experience with the schools and the credit policies. Thank you ?
COSC is Charter Oak. They have a BSBA with a concentration in Human Resources: https://www.charteroak.edu/business-administration/ Like TESU, they DO require 24 RA credits. However, this is a relatively easy hurdle to overcome even for a European. They'll still be cheaper than TESU before TESU's policy change.

Looking at COSC's BSBA requirements, you can complete everything but the capstone through Study.com. They do have a Business Stats requirement that they might not accept Sophia's stats for, but even if you have to take this one class at Charter Oak I think it still works out to be cheaper than TESU with its residency waiver.

You'd need 9 UL HR credits (3 classes). SDC has at least one of those but I'm not sure how they bring in the ones that are labeled simply as "HR electives" and whether or not they'd count. https://study.com/directory/school/Chart...ransferTab If HR isn't possible, I think you could at least do Organizational Management? Not quite the same but might be a good fit anyway.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(12-30-2020, 11:13 PM)rachel83az Wrote: COSC is Charter Oak. They have a BSBA with a concentration in Human Resources: https://www.charteroak.edu/business-administration/ Like TESU, they DO require 24 RA credits. However, this is a relatively easy hurdle to overcome even for a European. They'll still be cheaper than TESU before TESU's policy change.

Looking at COSC's BSBA requirements, you can complete everything but the capstone through Study.com. They do have a Business Stats requirement that they might not accept Sophia's stats for, but even if you have to take this one class at Charter Oak I think it still works out to be cheaper than TESU with its residency waiver.

You'd need 9 UL HR credits (3 classes). SDC has at least one of those but I'm not sure how they bring in the ones that are labeled simply as "HR electives" and whether or not they'd count. https://study.com/directory/school/Chart...ransferTab If HR isn't possible, I think you could at least do Organizational Management? Not quite the same but might be a good fit anyway.
Hello. Organizational Management could be also a good fit for me. The only question that I have when you talk about Business Stats, are you talking about the course math called statistics? If COSC require that course I will be in troubles because I hate math  Sad  How much is the tuition per credit at COSC?! Honestly, for me is the same the school that I will go, I just need a plan to finish it fast. I was thinking about Excelsior but I don’t very well about that school and I know anyone that took BABA there.
Any business degree that you take is going to require statistics. I simply do not know if COSC accepts Sophia's stats as Business Statistics or if you have to take theirs. TESU accepts Sophia. I don't know what Excelsior does but dfrecore says you cannot complete a BSBA entirely through alternate means with Excelsior so they are out. COSC can be picky about their statistics courses.

Cost per credit at COSC is $419. If you only need the capstone & cornerstone, that's $2514 tuition + additional fees of about $750. If you need capstone, cornerstone, and Business Statistics, that's $3771 tuition + the approximately $750 fees.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG