Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
(12-31-2020, 05:00 AM)rachel83az Wrote: ACTFL is a language test where you can get college credit for proving your proficiency in your native tongue. But this ONLY works for the BALS degree and not a business degree.

Why would these credits not work in the GE or Free Electives portion of any of the Big 3??  Especially at EC and COSC, where you need 30cr of UL, these would be a great asset.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-01-2021, 12:24 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 05:00 AM)rachel83az Wrote: ACTFL is a language test where you can get college credit for proving your proficiency in your native tongue. But this ONLY works for the BALS degree and not a business degree.

Why would these credits not work in the GE or Free Electives portion of any of the Big 3??  Especially at EC and COSC, where you need 30cr of UL, these would be a great asset.

Well, it might work at EC (I thought the UL needed to be in your AOS?) but it certainly wouldn't work at COSC because ACTFL isn't a partner institution.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-01-2021, 02:37 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 12:24 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Well, it might work at EC (I thought the UL needed to be in your AOS?) but it certainly wouldn't work at COSC because ACTFL isn't a partner institution.

Ah, I forgot about COSC's issues.

At both COSC and EC, you need 30cr of UL, and only some of that will be in the Major - the remainder will be in your GE/Arts & Sciences (generally speaking).  All degrees require at least a portion of your UL to be in that area.  So this would be great for EC if they will bring them in as UL.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Dude87 - You're phishing for too much info and not progressing in orderly fashion. It's great that you're trying to get this all in order, you need to follow through as my messages tell you, you need to go step by step. Get all your Sophia.org done first, your Davar/InstantCertCredit, before you work on your Area of Study. Please continue to private message me, emails are only required if you can't attach your documents.

I mentioned to you how this works in a private message or email, you just do the same thing my spreadsheet templates have, do the ACTFL and the ENEB degrees and wait for an evaluation. So, if you look at my template spreadsheet, the ACTFL/ENEB will take over all the Yellow parts, the RED is to be done at TESU, the GREEN at the other providers such as Sophia.org/CSM/InstantCert/Davar.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]