Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How important is AACSB or ACBSP accreditation?
(03-02-2021, 06:24 AM)innen_oda Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 08:26 PM)freeloader Wrote: It can matter for people wanting to become CPAs. Utah requires you to have a graduate degree from an AACSB or ACBSP accredited university to sit for their CPA exam.

This is quite untrue. I suggest anyone looking to become an accountant to read up on the requirements themselves, rather than blindly trusting comments like these.

I hope AACSB or ACBSP is paying you good money to post stuff like this!
Yeah, I made a mistake. Utah is one of the states that gives preference to AACSB and ACBSP degrees. It isn’t a requirement. Utah is not a state where I expect to seek a license and either read something that was incorrect or misinterpreted what I read. I also would hope that people do their own research before blindly trusting things on a message board. 

I also would hope that people would have a little bit more civility. I would hope that people would not automatically assume the absolute worst about their fellow man and would approach one another with a sense of goodness and compassion rather than making absurd accusations that are obviously false on their face and are only intended to inflame people. I would hope those things, but clearly, my hope is misplaced—at least in some people on this board.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amberton now has ACBSP Accreditation! ss20ts 12 1,735 06-21-2022, 12:24 PM
Last Post: ss20ts