Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Needed - Class Recommended
I am not sure if I should have started a new thread again or not so I've decided to just added my recent update to this post I started.

TESU plugged in my courses into both the BALS and the LS with CJ concentration. I need 58 and 55 credits respectively more. They are still waiting for a course outline for 5 more courses to decide whether to add them or not.

I haven't checked COSC as yet to see if I would get more credits or not. I am yet to get that application done on their site. Hope to get that done this week.

This is where things are for me at the moment.
I am currently working on the Intermediate Algebra with ALEKS as one of you suggested and to start knocking out some credits while I wait.

CJ Concentration:
1: General Ed: 29 credits earned
A – Intellect Skills 15 SH (Not Started)
ENC – 101
ECE-102
Oral Communication
Quantitative Literacy – (currently working on)
SOS – 110 (Not Started)

B: Civil Learning
Diversity – Completed
Ethics – NS
Civic Engagement – NS

C: Human Cultures (Completed)
D: Natural World (Completed)

E: GE Electives (In Progress)
Credits earned: 8
Remaining: 10

2: Criminal Justice (30SH: 15SH UL) – In Progress
A: Criminal Justice (NS)
B: Criminology (Completed)
C: Law Enforcement (Completed)
D: Procedures (Completed)
E: Corrections (NS)
F: Juvenile Justice (NS)
G: Research Methods (NS)
H: AOJ Ethics (NS)
I: AOS Elective (NS)

3: Liberal Arts Capstone (NS)
4: Electives (Completed) (27SH)

Any easy courses you recommend taking. I know I have some to take at the 300/400 level for the concentration. As mentioned, I already started the Quant. Lit.

Any suggestions again would be highly appreciated. I am not ruling out COSC
ACE recommended credit for ALEKS Intermediate Algebra expired 8/31/207. Math 101: College Algebra at SDC does transfer into to TESU as Intermediate Algebra (MAT-115) or just switch to ALEKS College Algebra course to meet the Math requirement.

The SDC course Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace is a popular course that usually can be used to meet the Oral Communications requirement at TESU.

The free Ethics course listed on the WIKI free course page can meet the ethics requirement. It is only 2 credits, but you can make up the difference in your General Education area usually.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shadowgem's post:
  • sofinel
ALEKS Intermediate Algebra is no longer ACE approved for credit (that course expired 2017).  

Here is what is available from ALEKS for credit: https://www.aleks.com/about_aleks/ace_credit

ACE Credit-Recommended ALEKS Courses*:

College Algebra
   Trigonometry
   College Algebra with Trigonometry
   PreCalculus
   Introduction to Statistics
   Business Statistics
   Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences

*Students cannot receive ACE credit for both of the courses in the following combinations:

College Algebra and College Algebra with Trigonometry
   College Algebra and PreCalculus
   College Algebra with Trigonometry and Trigonometry
   Trigonometry and PreCalculus
   College Algebra with Trigonometry and PreCalculus
   Introduction to Statistics and Business Statistics
   Introduction to Statistics and Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
   Business Statistics and Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • sofinel
(03-20-2019, 08:55 AM)shadowgem Wrote: ACE recommended credit for ALEKS Intermediate Algebra expired 8/31/207. Math 101: College Algebra at SDC does transfer into to TESU as Intermediate Algebra (MAT-115) or just switch to ALEKS College Algebra course to meet the Math requirement.

The SDC course Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace is a popular course that usually can be used to meet the Oral Communications requirement at TESU.

The free Ethics course listed on the WIKI free course page can meet the ethics requirement. It is only 2 credits, but you can make up the difference in your General Education area usually.

Will certainly do well with the free Ethics.  I am doing the College Algebra with ALEKS. Well I hope that is the one I am doing. I think it says Intermediate Algebra. I will ask to switch if TESU doesn't accept it. 

Thank you for the info.
(03-20-2019, 09:30 AM)sofinel Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 08:55 AM)shadowgem Wrote: ACE recommended credit for ALEKS Intermediate Algebra expired 8/31/207. Math 101: College Algebra at SDC does transfer into to TESU as Intermediate Algebra (MAT-115) or just switch to ALEKS College Algebra course to meet the Math requirement.

Will certainly do well with the free Ethics.  I am doing the College Algebra with ALEKS. Well I hope that is the one I am doing. I think it says Intermediate Algebra. I will ask to switch if TESU doesn't accept it. 

Thank you for the info.
Yes, I would definitely make sure you are in the College Algebra course before continuing. It's fairly easy to switch courses if you mistakenly started Intermediate Algebra. TESU definitely will not accept Intermediate Algebra taken after 8/3/2017 from Aleks anymore since the course is no longer ACE approved for credit. They will still accept College Algebra, Trigonometry, and any 1 of the Statistics courses. Those 3 courses are approved for ACE credit and are not considered duplicates by ACE or TESU as far as I know.

Also, have you had a chance to review the thread on the New TEEX Courses? I'm not sure if any of these would work in your AOS or what the TESU equivalencies for them would be, but it may be worth checking them out if you haven't yet. Some seem to have been recommended by ACE for credit within Criminal Justice so you may want to check with TESU to see if any of them could work for your AOS. Specifically Death Investigation is recommended for UL credit by ACE in criminal justice, investigations, or forensics and you did mention still needing more UL credits in your AOS. There was a recent review by another member on another thread for that course specifically as well that may be useful to read here as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shadowgem's post:
  • sofinel

Great. Thank you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SUNY accepted upper level class jg_nuy 10 534 03-05-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 681 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Mobile phone use in class bjcheung77 0 262 08-04-2023, 10:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  NYU professor fired... Organic chem class too hard! bjcheung77 12 1,019 10-12-2022, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Calc based Physics needed Hometeacher628 14 1,384 09-14-2022, 03:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  What is/was your most hated class and how have you dealt with it? rachel83az 8 889 08-29-2022, 01:53 AM
Last Post: splirow
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 2 1,200 08-24-2022, 03:41 PM
Last Post: sparkling
  STC Free class gams007 8 1,019 07-30-2022, 05:45 PM
Last Post: creationstory
  Top 10 Things Needed to Help Get You Employed LevelUP 7 791 06-23-2022, 02:24 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
Shocked Utah’s Westminster College Offers " " Class Where Students Will ‘Watch " " Films ... LevelUP 8 1,099 04-22-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso