Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help finding a course
I need help finding my  very last course.  It has to fit into the financial concentration, and something that I can complete between now and December.  I can't drop $1500 on a course right now.  I would love to test out, and if that is not possible, I would do an inexpensive online course.  

There are some really awesome researchers on this forum that have been a huge help.  I am hoping someone knows of something I can do! 

Here is what is listed as suggestions under the financial concentration ( I crossed out what I already completed):
Financial Institutions and Markets OR Money and Banking
International Finance
Advanced Financial Management/Corporation Finance
Advanced Security Analysis and Portfolio Management OR Investments II
Business Forecasting
Commercial Banking
Capital Budgeting Management
Capital Structure Management
Derivatives
Mathematical Analysis of Financial Decisions
Risk Management
Working Capital Management

Any ideas?
BYU online has Financial Planning with a FIN prefix. Will this help?

https://is.byu.edu/description/FIN-418-M001
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
[-] The following 1 user Likes videogamesrock's post:
  • Motivated2move
I will ask. I sure hope so.
I have seen numerous times on here that TESU will accept both Money & Banking AND Financial Institutions & Markets, so you may want to try that.

CSU-Global has Assessing & Managing Risk, and Financial Performance in Ops Management that may work.

It has been tried without success to bring in CSU-Global's Analyzing Financial Statements CBE, but TESU considers it ACC, so that may not work for the BYU course - but it's certainly worth asking.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa
(08-31-2017, 10:52 PM)dfrecore Wrote: It has been tried without success to bring in CSU-Global's Analyzing Financial Statements CBE, but TESU considers it ACC, so that may not work for the BYU course - but it's certainly worth asking.

I was told it works for FIN, but since TESU gives different answers sometimes, I'm not sure.

(08-31-2017, 10:52 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I have seen numerous times on here that TESU will accept both Money & Banking AND Financial Institutions & Markets, so you may want to try that.

I was told they would too. These are the cheapest options, and they have been checked with TESU by a few of us Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help to finding A degree/plan. Danielp 221 32,019 07-10-2018, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Danielp
  Finding and Validating Alternate Sources of Credit JonW 6 2,025 08-22-2017, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  TESU business degree plan (thread probably exists, just not finding it) Kjnova 9 2,363 02-26-2017, 03:37 PM
Last Post: inkleind
  Finding TECEP grades pandas4eva 7 1,746 02-21-2017, 04:08 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Need help finding inexpensive classes for some of the following, please geissingert 11 1,320 10-30-2015, 03:16 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Need help finding TESC Physics 1 book frankshorey 1 630 10-24-2013, 05:53 AM
Last Post: UptonSinclair
  Finding out if courses match up ??? (TESC) Ubuntu_user 1 798 01-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Last Post: IrishJohn
  TESC - Need help finding equivalents for some computer courses jam123 5 911 12-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Last Post: nleamons