Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU wiki change - english composition
I saw that in the wiki link that the study.com course for english composition 1 and 2 was not shown. It only shows the sophia courses.

https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html
    • English 204: English Composition I
    • ENC-101 English Composition I
    • 3 lower
    • English 205: English Composition II
    • ENC-102 English Composition II
    • 3 lower

Should there be a change to the wiki page: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap
You're right! I think when the page was made initially, TESU had stopped accepting the different English Comp classes at SDC. Definitely time to add these!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Oh yeah, I noticed this a few weeks ago, but I think either way - Sophia.org/Study.com option is good, they have about 5-6 assignments each course. Another option would be the CLEP/MS combo, to get the credits quickest and at the lowest price... that is if you're OK with ProctorTrack or if you're close to a test center... If you want to splurge and need RA credits, TECEPS!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-07-2022, 01:36 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh yeah, I noticed this a few weeks ago, but I think either way - Sophia.org/Study.com option is good, they have about 5-6 assignments each course.  Another option would be the CLEP/MS combo, to get the credits quickest and at the lowest price... that is if you're OK with ProctorTrack or if you're close to a test center... If you want to splurge and need RA credits, TECEPS!

Hopefully this isn't a derail but,  does anyone know if I could write all the touchstone essays for english comp I & II and submit them all at once to have them graded simultaneously?
waiting for them to be graded one after the other is a drag.
For Sophia, you can do that with English Comp I (I think except the last Touchstone), but you can't do that with English Comp II. It's part of why we heavily discourage students from Sophia's English Comp unless they literally have no other choice for some reason.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Arto
(01-18-2022, 07:10 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: RUN. I am no kidding two months into this Sophia English Comp class and only did not drop it because I have submitted too many milestones to quit by now. Waiting on my final paper to be graded. Horrible grading consistency and each paper have been taking over a week to get graded. Try Study(.)com

(01-19-2022, 07:31 AM)rachel83az Wrote: For Sophia, you can do that with English Comp I (I think except the last Touchstone), but you can't do that with English Comp II. It's part of why we heavily discourage students from Sophia's English Comp unless they literally have no other choice for some reason.

CLEP would be the quickest/cheapest for USA students.  Sophia's grading takes too long.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(01-19-2022, 10:03 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 07:10 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: RUN. I am no kidding two months into this Sophia English Comp class and only did not drop it because I have submitted too many milestones to quit by now. Waiting on my final paper to be graded. Horrible grading consistency and each paper have been taking over a week to get graded. Try Study(.)com

(01-19-2022, 07:31 AM)rachel83az Wrote: For Sophia, you can do that with English Comp I (I think except the last Touchstone), but you can't do that with English Comp II. It's part of why we heavily discourage students from Sophia's English Comp unless they literally have no other choice for some reason.

CLEP would be the quickest/cheapest for USA students.  Sophia's grading takes too long.

Not every school takes CLEP (EC for one won't for the English Comp requirement); and not every student is proficient enough to pass the exam, it's not easy (not everyone can write a coherent essay on the fly; not everyone is a great typist).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
If you want the ability to take your time and you don't mind paying, I think ONU's offerings can't be beat. You're only writing 1 or 2 papers over the course of the class(es) and it doesn't matter whether it takes you 1 month or 6 to complete the class. You still only pay $150.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
TESU, COSC, WGU, UMPI, PUG, and SNHU all take the CLEP college composition.

The military pass rate on the English Comp CLEP is 82% and the Instacert pass rate on the English Comp CLEP is 94%.  

Not an easy test and your chance of failure increases if you don't study enough.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Arto
(01-19-2022, 10:36 AM)LevelUP Wrote: TESU, COSC, WGU, UMPI, PUG, and SNHU all take the CLEP college composition.

The military pass rate on the English Comp CLEP is 82% and the Instacert pass rate on the English Comp CLEP is 94%.  

Not an easy test and your chance of failure increases if you don't study enough.

Not sure if you're counting the pass rates for College Comp Modular and with Essay, obviously one is easier than the other.  Also, like I said, it depends on which school the OP is planning on going to.

I also think the Advanced College Comp DSST is probably easier than the CLEP w/essay, since it's all multiple-choice.

Just depends on the student and the school.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 993 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 373 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia.org English Composition II -- Grader Experiences ashkir 67 10,681 02-09-2024, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 711 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Sophia English Composition II Experience lifted567 14 1,865 01-04-2024, 05:47 PM
  English Comp 2 dbrown2258 7 817 09-10-2023, 01:11 AM
  does sophia english touch stone allow to use chatgpt or grammerly? sekiflying 10 2,546 08-13-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: sekiflying
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,434 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Heart Is it possible to finish English composition II in one month on study.com? imkingta 16 1,895 07-22-2023, 11:11 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Want to drop out of Sophia English Composition I Avidreader 17 1,751 07-07-2023, 06:08 PM
Last Post: lumina