Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me fill degree requirements TESU BS NEET
Hello all. I'm looking for ways to meet some of these degree requirements for TESU BS in Nuclear Energy Engineering Technology. Right now I am doing study.com guardian scholarship so looking to use those up before paid sources. I appreciate any assistance.

right now my academic evaluation looks like this:
still need:
3 cr English 102 (study.com english 105)
3 cr Mat 231 (calc 1) (study.com math 104)
3 cr information literacy (?)
3 cr diversity (?)
3 cr ethics (institutes hopefully that still works)
3 cr civic engagement (?)
6 cr human cultures (?)
2 cr physics 1 & 2 lab (?)
3 cr calc 2(?)
1 cr tes100 (TESU im guessing thats the only option)
3 cr principals of statistics 201(study.com statistics 101)
1 cr chemistry lab(?)
3 cr Computer Programming/Programable logic controllers(?)
3 cr electrical theory(?)
3 cr reactors/instrumentation(TESU?)
3 cr nuclear instrumentation(TESU?)
3 cr radiation effects(TESU?)
3 cr assessment(TESU?)
4 cr capstone(TESU?)

courses I have finished since receiving my evaluation are:

TEEX Cyber security for everyone 2 cr 
Sophia Developing effective teams 1 cr
Sophia essentials of managing conflict 1 cr
Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 2 cr
Study.com finance 102 3cr
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Some of those degrees are designed to be done by officers in nuclear Navy jobs. There isn't necessarily a way to get them otherwise.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Yes I'm a recently separated Navy nuke. I have most all of the area of study courses done. I was looking for help on things that can transfer to to test and fill in for :
Information literacy
Diversity
Civic engagement
Human cultures
Etc.

I know I'll probably have to do at least these at tesu(maybe a few others):
3 cr reactors/instrumentation
3 cr nuclear instrumentation
3 cr radiation effects
3 cr assessment
4 cr capstone

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
Like DaveWill said, these degrees were created for military members who already have all of their AOS/Core courses and just need their Gen Ed's to complete a degree.

It looks like TESU has the courses, but they are expensive ($750/course if you're active duty military, $1500/course if you're not).  Also, if you're active-duty, you can do free CLEP/DSST exams for the Gen Ed's, which is your best bet (fast and free).

The good news with Study.com calc course is that it's calc 1&2 combined (6cr).

Skip taking the cornerstone, it will get waived with the Study.com courses.

Here is a general degree, you can see where you might be able to take courses through Study.com.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU 2016 BALS.xlsx (Size: 44.65 KB / Downloads: 4)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Can you get into your TESU OSS and check the "What If" tool to see your BS Tech Studies evaluation?  I wonder if it has covered your AOS and lessened your educational requirements, it'll drop the price down too if you don't need to take anything but the Capstone at TESU.  Copy/paste the evaluation including the "other" courses at the bottom.  Essentially, the BS Tech is identical but the wording is different, you can just elaborate with potential employers and have them look at your transcript - it'll show all NEET courses in the AOS.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-06-2018, 07:32 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Can you get into your TESU OSS and check the "What If" tool to see your BS Tech Studies evaluation?  I wonder if it has covered your AOS and lessened your educational requirements, it'll drop the price down too if you don't need to take anything but the Capstone at TESU.  Copy/paste the evaluation including the "other" courses at the bottom.  Essentially, the BS Tech is identical but the wording is different, you can just elaborate with potential employers and have them look at your transcript - it'll show all NEET courses in the AOS.

very interesting....

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)
Yes, it's one of the recommendations I make whenever I see a JST or any other non-civilian type of training. TESU even looks at the lower level courses and may sometimes put that in the UL requirements. The BS Tech Studies is always my recommendation instead of a BALS unless of course, they're going for a specific Business degree - then I tell them to get a BS Tech and the BSBA at the same time if they're very close to completing either of those degrees.

@dfrecore study.com calculus is 6 credits of Calculus I, very watered down though. It does NOT satisfy calculus I and Calculus II requirements. I would be appalled if it did, barely all the Calc I topics there much less Calc II. Study.com Calc I also does NOT prepare you for higher level math and science courses (calc II or Phys II) required by STEM degrees like NEET, cause its for NON-STEM majors like liberal arts, business, psyc etc.

@MNomadic, did you look at the comprehensive tuition plan at TESU? You can get all those credits from TESU since they have them to meet ABET requirements if you want to get the NEET degree.

If you want my advice and speed is your option, forget that study.com non-sense and you can knock out like all your non-STEM gen ED and TES-100 through SL in a month.

3 cr English 102 (study.com english 105), (do SL English Comp II as well.)
3 cr Mat 231 (calc 1) (study.com math 104), (redo Calc I at SL or Saylor, WARNING if being done at SL use external sources)
3 cr information literacy (?) (SL Religion)
3 cr diversity (?) (SL anthropology)
3 cr ethics (institutes hopefully that still works) (yes it will)
3 cr civic engagement (?) (SL American government)
6 cr human cultures (?) (SL criminal Justice, SL Organizational Behaviour)
1 cr tes100 (TESU im guessing thats the only option)

3 weeks to a month
2 cr physics 1 & 2 lab (?) (Physics I and Lab at SL, Physics II (Electricity and Magnetism) at Saylor and Physics Lab II at TESU)

3 weeks to a month
3 cr calc 2(?) (SL Calc II, you need a REAL calculus course before though not the study.com garbage, WARNING use external sources for learning)

3 cr principals of statistics 201(study.com statistics 101) (or aleks)
1 cr chemistry lab(?) (check ed 4 credit, they have discounts)
3 cr Computer Programming/Programable logic controllers(?) (SL C++ or UExcel Java)

Only at TESU
3 cr electrical theory(?) (TESU or AMU, get pre-approval)
3 cr reactors/instrumentation(TESU?)
3 cr nuclear instrumentation(TESU?)
3 cr radiation effects(TESU?)
3 cr assessment(TESU?)
not 4 (3) cr capstone(TESU?)

If you don't want to do the comprehensive tuition at TESU then switch to the BS in Technical Studies in which case you need phys I and II. Do Phys I and Lab at SL and Phys II at Saylor and Lab at TESU, that is the cheapest way to get phys II. Do Aleks Trig which satisifes the "higher level math" with precalc or TESU will place the Study.com Calc I for 6 credits in that area.

If you take the comprehensive tuition plan you can take a second degree in math or comp. sci which would boost your value with that NEET degree, especially math cause as you know engineering tech has a rep for being not very math intensive and not "real engineering" because of that. A math degree could really boost you.

That my $0.02 but I was thinking to do something similar for the ESET degree at TESU then I realized COSC has an engineering studies program I was thinking about finishing since it will cost about the same but is faster.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

I've kept putting off updating my status here....

@dfrecore, I forgot to thankyou for that spreadsheet, I did later adapt it to my needs

@davewill the excelsior and TESU nuc engineering technology degrees were designed for enlisted navy nukes. It wouldn't make sense for for officers to get a BS when they already had a BS. Unless they went from an enlisted nuke to commissioned officer(oftentimes referred to as a mustang) without getting a degree, in which case they would still have about the same AOS credits as a regular enlisted. I actually would already have all the AOS complete with the TESU NET, but that didn't have ABET accredidation, so I switched to the NEET(kind of a deceptive bait and switch on TESU's part) so that's why I have a few extra classes to do...

@BJcheung thank you for that suggestion! This is the first I'd seen it. I will probably stick with the BS NEET because of the ABET. Although, with the technical studies route, I would only need extra the capstone, project management and computer applications.( I know I can do those 2 pretty easily through CLEP) so it's good to have options!

@armstrong

yes I have looked at the comprehensive plan at TESU, it is still something I'm considering if I get some scholarships

I already used that "study.com nonsense" for free using the guardian scholarship(I originally posted this thread in feb and have since finished most of what I needed)

"3 cr English 102 (study.com english 105), (do SL English Comp II as well.)" just curious but why should I do english comp 2 again?

"3 cr Mat 231 (calc 1) (study.com math 104), (redo Calc I at SL or Saylor, WARNING if being done at SL use external sources)" again, why should I redo calc 1? I know SDC isn't up to your standards(mine either, which is why I did the majority of my learning using other sources), but your recommendation to take it via SL but then use different sources seems rather redundant since I would be once again using external sources to study for a class that I have already gained credit in. I am currently reviewing calc 1 in order to take calc 2(since I finished calc 1 several months ago) but I already learned the core of the material. Also, I already had a decent exposure to calc 1 from my navy training, but those classes were 6 years ago...

already have the other gen eds done or planned but thank you for the suggestions! Big Grin

physics 1 and 2 are already done via the navy as well. just needed the labs

again, already have real calc 1 experience, I just used study.com as a way to get credit for it for free with my guardian scholarship. 

Programming I'm working on through onlinedegree.com. if they don't accept it, SL C++ is my backup

My current plan involves my taking 16 credits through TESU using my GI Bill in 2 terms so I should still have plenty of gi bill benefits left over for graduate school later. I would do phy 1 and chem 1 lab through SL/ed4credit but wanted to hit 16 credit residency requirement.

3 cr DC circuits
3 cr instumentation(turns out I only needed 1 class here, I was misreading it before)
1 cr physics 1 lab
1 cr chem lab
( I got them to accept one of my other transfer courses in place of radiation effects after I appealed, though they didn't accept my electrical theory transfer even after I appealed)

1 cr physics 2 lab
3 cr assessment
4 cr capstone

I'll make a new post after my academic advising appointment this week when I confirm everything about my plan. I may add a few more cleps and cheap courses here and there to add an ASBA and maybe one of the ASNSMs if I have extra time. Also, In the off chance that I do get some scholarships that I applied for, then I may be able to switch to comprehensive annual tuition and add a second major.

I attached my spreadsheet that should show everything I have completed and have planned so far...

btw thanks for the input and feedback armstrong

and thanks dfrecore and everyone else who has helped me as well!

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BS NEET Spreadsheet.xlsx (Size: 80.53 KB / Downloads: 10)

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)
Hey, If you do go for comprehensive tuition, skip the ASBA and get the BSBA instead. Since ASBA isn’t included in their ACBSP programmatic accreditation and most courses can be done cheaply with CLEP, you can finish the AOS with Study.com, and use the rest for the business capstone.

You may also go for another ASNSM if you are doing the BSBA CIS option, the CIS/CS courses count towards ASNSM Comp Sci. A member here is doing ASNSM CS, ASNSM Math, BSBA, and a BS Tech Studies. Check out the multiple degree thread by docmarvin.

If you are taking courses that will hit both degrees, that would be best, so you don’t have to take extra courses. Do an unofficial what if BSBA CIS, if there are too many missing credits - skip it, save the cash for grad school such as WGU, a Masters for under 4 grand.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,976 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,201 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,102 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,637 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,729 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,341 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,587 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,373 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic