(3) PSG Instrumentation Theory
(6) Clinical Fundamentals of PSG
(4) Therapeutic Interventions & Clinical Patient Management
(3) PSG Scoring
(3) Sleep Disorders
(1) Medical Terminology

(16) Free Electives

(60) Total
Well that's going to be tough to plan. It is also not an AAS degree. It is a ASAST (Associate in Science in Applied Science and Technology). I have no idea where you get credits in "Clinical Fundamentals of PSG" or "Therapeutic Interventions & Clinical Patient Management" so you'd want to find another school for those courses I think. You can get going on CLEP (or DSST testing), ALEKS.com, FEMA (for elective credits) and Straigherline courses before you apply to TESC.

Good luck!

Here is probably the easiest route for everything (I'm sure there are other ways too):

(6) English Composition
ENGLISH COMP CLEP (6 credits)
(3) Humanities
ANALYZE AND INTERPRET LIT CLEP (6 credits, will split and be used below)
(3) Social Sciences
INTRO TO PSYCH CLEP or INTRO TO SOCIOLOGY CLEP (both are supposed to be the easier Soc Sci Clep Exams)
(9) Natural Sciences and Mathematics
(6) Anatomy and Physiology I & II
Take BIO-201 and BIO-202 on Straighterline for the NAT SCI credits in Anatomy and Physiology
(3) Intermediate Algebra
Intermediate Algebra on aleks.com

(3) Theoretical Fundamentals of Polysomnography
TESC Course Theoretical Fundamentals of Polysomnography (PSG-101)
(3) PSG Instrumentation Theory
TESC Course Instrumentation Theory (PSG-102)
(6) Clinical Fundamentals of PSG
(4) Therapeutic Interventions & Clinical Patient Management
(3) PSG Scoring
TESC Course Polysomnography Scoring (PSG-103)
(3) Sleep Disorders
TESC Course Sleep Disorders (PSG-104)
(1) Medical Terminology
Medical Terminology on Straighterline (3 credits, will split)

(16) Free Electives
2 extra medical terminology credits (2 credits)
Use free courses from FEMA Emergency Management Institute or left over credits from above
(60) Total
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.
cooperalex2004 Wrote:Well that's going to be tough to plan. It is also not an AAS degree. It is a ASAST (Associate in Science in Applied Science and Technology).

This would make sense as an ASAST; but, here it is, AAS in Polysomnography.

For a polysomnography credential from TESC before or without doing the full degree, they also offer an Undergraduate Certificate in Polysomnography.

cooperalex2004 Wrote:I have no idea where you get credits in "Clinical Fundamentals of PSG" or "Therapeutic Interventions & Clinical Patient Management" so you'd want to find another school for those courses I think.

Since TESC's polysomnography program was introduced and accredited this year, my educated guess is that they have yet to release these courses but will eventually offer them in-house.

I'd contact TESC, perhaps emailing them with Polysomnography in the subject and going all, "Attn.: Polysomnography!" to see that it got to someone familiar with the polysomnography program, or even on its faculty.

An option for Medical Terminology: If you complete and submit an online FAFSA to show you could be eligible for federal student loans – it's free and should be easy, and you're not signing up to take a loan, just showing eligibility – and you're not, at the time you apply for this, "actively enrolled or attending college," you may be eligible for a free Introduction to Medical Terminology course from Test Drive College Online. Successful completion earns an ACE CREDIT recommendation (3 sh).

This is a loss leader from EducationDynamics, one of the larger companies that markets programs from accredited schools; they hope successful students will go on to pursue a degree program from one of their partnered schools, but this comes after taking the course, and the ACE CREDIT recommendation can be taken elsewhere.
Thank you both! I really would like to do the certificate only program but it is not financial aid eligible and I am broke. :[

If I test first and enroll later, do I have to do credit banking? Also, are there any cheap ways to get the free electives besides doing FEMA?
I hope you're in New Jersey or that you can find a nearby, accredited site for the clinical component.

Quote:Thomas Edison State College developed its Polysomnography program with sleep medicine professionals from Capital Health, based in Trenton, N.J. Capital Health’s Center for Sleep Medicine in Hamilton Township, N.J., which is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, is the first site where students fulfill the clinical component of the program. The college expects to work with other sleep centers that are accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine to offer additional sites where students can fulfill the clinical component of the program.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,386 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,932 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,797 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,351 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,725 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
Exclamation 2018/2019 Updated Associates Degree Plan Options?! Mikele8 10 2,951 08-23-2018, 09:47 AM
  TESU BA in History Plan - Critiques? mysonx3 4 2,168 08-21-2018, 08:54 AM
  New Member need assistance with TESU degree plan BA ckndinner 3 1,714 08-12-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: prolific_change
  New Member need assistance with TESU degree plan BA in Lib Studies PBenitez 14 3,549 08-11-2018, 02:21 PM
  New Member - Need Assistance With TESU Psychology Plan joshyjosh 7 2,238 08-05-2018, 10:01 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77