Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Degree Plan
I received my degree audit, and, apart from cornerstone and capstone, these are the six courses I have left, along with my best guess for transfer credit:

1. Oral Communication - Sophia Public Speaking
2. English Composition 1 - CLEP or ONU?
3. English Composition 2 - CLEP or ONU?
4. ITE 330 Systems Analysis/Design - Study.com CS302: Systems Analysis & Design
5. ITE 430 Database Mgt and Design - Study.com CS303: Database Management

6. One of the following:
- MGT 460 Project Management - Study.com Business 311: Project Management
- MGT 450 Leadership Practices - Study.com Business 302: Foundations of Leadership
- MGT 451 Team Leadership - ??
- MGT 315 Organizational Behavior - Study.com Business 307: Leadership & Organizational Behavior
- MGT 330 Diversity & Inclusion - ??

My questions are:
- Are there any better options for 1-5?
- Is one of the options for 6 easier than the others?
- Are there any other recommendations?
Do you need additional RA credit (meaning, do you have the 24cr necessary?)? If not, then ONU is a good option for the Composition courses. Otherwise, I'm going to go with the CLEP since it's free through ModernStates, and is one of the easier/faster options.

There are no better options for 4, 5, or 6 than Study.com that I'm aware of. Saylor offers PM, but I know nothing about that course except that it's UL.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@origamishuttle, for some reason I thought you were going with UMPI and their BLS with some concentration, did you just recently switch to COSC?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-24-2022, 07:55 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Do you need additional RA credit (meaning, do you have the 24cr necessary?)?  If not, then ONU is a good option for the Composition courses.  Otherwise, I'm going to go with the CLEP since it's free through ModernStates, and is one of the easier/faster options.

There are no better options for 4, 5, or 6 than Study.com that I'm aware of.  Saylor offers PM, but I know nothing about that course except that it's UL.

I don't need more RA credit, so I'll probably go with CLEP too. I'm trying to figure out how/where to actually take it though. Maybe at COSC?

Thank you for the Saylor suggestion, although I looked it up, and it seems like the only upper-level accepted by COSC would be Software Engineering. I'm leaning toward SDC Business 302, but still not sure.

(05-24-2022, 09:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @origamishuttle, for some reason I thought you were going with UMPI and their BLS with some concentration, did you just recently switch to COSC?

Great question! I'm kind of all over the place at the moment. I may end up working on multiple degrees at the same time.
(05-24-2022, 10:15 PM)origamishuttle Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 07:55 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Do you need additional RA credit (meaning, do you have the 24cr necessary?)?  If not, then ONU is a good option for the Composition courses.  Otherwise, I'm going to go with the CLEP since it's free through ModernStates, and is one of the easier/faster options.

There are no better options for 4, 5, or 6 than Study.com that I'm aware of.  Saylor offers PM, but I know nothing about that course except that it's UL.

I don't need more RA credit, so I'll probably go with CLEP too. I'm trying to figure out how/where to actually take it though. Maybe at COSC?

Thank you for the Saylor suggestion, although I looked it up, and it seems like the only upper-level accepted by COSC would be Software Engineering. I'm leaning toward SDC Business 302, but still not sure.

The CLEP can be done online if you're in the US; if not, then you can take it at any school that offers it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
A quick update:
I found out that I need to transfer the English Composition 1 credits before June 20, and I'm worried about CLEP getting graded in time, so I'm probably going for Sophia instead. Also, I looked into the three business course options at SDC. Project Management has the least quizzes, and only a single PowerPoint assignment, so that looks to be the winner.

I guess that leaves English Composition 2. Would CLEP still be a good option for just Comp 2? Or would I be better off going with ONU, or even SDC?
For English Comp 2, I think that ONU will both be faster and cheaper in the long run than either SDC or Sophia. It being RA is a bonus for COSC, though I think you already have enough RA credits?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-27-2022, 02:29 AM)rachel83az Wrote: For English Comp 2, I think that ONU will both be faster and cheaper in the long run than either SDC or Sophia. It being RA is a bonus for COSC, though I think you already have enough RA credits?

Thank you for the suggestion. Comp 2 (English 105) actually looks pretty good at SDC, but I definitely would not consider Comp 2 at Sophia!

I have been curious about ONU for some time, but I haven't actually signed up yet. I guess this would be a good excuse..
Basically, I would just do the CLEP as it will take one exam and essay to complete 6 credits worth...
Once that is done, do the Sophia.org and Study.com courses to finish off the degree requirements for transfer.
Here's their Master Exam List: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...ograms.php
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-27-2022, 02:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Basically, I would just do the CLEP as it will take one exam and essay to complete 6 credits worth...
Once that is done, do the Sophia.org and Study.com courses to finish off the degree requirements for transfer.
Here's their Master Exam List: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...ograms.php

I would do that, although I'm worried about the 6/20 deadline. If I take the CLEP and don't pass, then it will be too late to go for another option. I can take more time on English Comp 2 and the other Sophia courses, but the Study.com courses also need to be completed by 6/30, as COSC is dropping transfer for many of these courses as of 7/1.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC BA Phycology Degree plan needed vetvso 16 2,543 02-08-2022, 03:49 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Want to Earn a COSC degree? Start Here!! natshar 16 18,468 12-07-2021, 04:45 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Help with a COSC Bachelor Degree TINASAM 6 1,658 04-14-2021, 04:41 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  COSC roadmap & degree plans rachel83az 11 2,837 02-05-2021, 10:47 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC - No CLEP/All Online BSBA Degree Transcript ReyMysterioso 53 17,678 08-13-2020, 10:02 AM
Last Post: cecilgambe7
  COSC Strategic Plan - interesting Clepper43 13 2,364 06-17-2020, 10:19 AM
Last Post: walkingbyfaith
  COSC Associates Degree block transfer to COSC? Clepper43 2 1,161 06-09-2020, 11:23 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Associate Degree COSC BigDaddy1 20 4,375 05-27-2020, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Clepper43
  Cosc degree in american studies Clepking100 3 1,238 05-26-2020, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Graduate from Excelsior, 2nd degree via GRE from COSC? jplot002 11 2,908 05-11-2020, 08:53 AM
Last Post: lillingworth