Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any interest in JFKU?
lol, i didn't know Patten had made this change (previous students here have recieved a printed diploma, so this must have been a later change):

Quote:Patten University issues digital diplomas.

That's embarrassing. Obviously JFKu states they have changed this and offer printed diplomas. But what a sad thing to have to brag about.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Pretty inexpensive, kind of makes want to go for an MBA, but I’m leaning more towards AACSB accreditation. I really like that JFKU is non profit & implementing this new model - their overview says they’ve included videos into courses - which sadly I don’t see being offered often at all, so that really caught my eye.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
BABA, New England College, 2019
Just a small update about a few things I've learned over the last couple of days. This is how I understand things from the site and emails with my advisor. It something is incorrect it is because I misunderstood.

Classes must be taken in the order they want.
Each class has 8 units. There are assignments after units 2,4, and 6. There is a prefinal that must be passed to unlock the final proctored test and final project. The prefinal does not have an effect on the grade for the class. Each assignment sounds like a 2-5 page paper and the final project is a longer paper. Some classes have 2 final projects without a proctored final exam.
They currently do not offer a student email account. This was disappointing to me but oh well.
When I explained the issue with Pierpont transcripts they said I wouldn't need it sent. They don't do block transfers so the degree isn't important. Since I didn't take any classes at Pierpont then no need for a transcript.
I am not a fan of how the student page is set up. I can't see a place to view a transcript. I'm not sure where to see what credits I transfer in. Perhaps this will change once my transcripts are received and evaluated.

I'll add more as I discover more.
Sounds very similar to Patten except that the 2,4 unit papers were optional (if you didn't do them then your grade was based 100% on final project and exam, if you did do them they could help or hurt your grade depending on how well you did on them).

If the student page is still the same, then the classes you transfer in will just show as completed, but it won't tell you what classes they used for equivalency. Kind of a bummer.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(09-13-2018, 12:49 PM)jsd Wrote: Sounds very similar to Patten except that the 2,4 unit papers were optional (if you didn't do them then your grade was based 100% on final project and exam, if you did do them they could help or hurt your grade depending on how well you did on them).

If the student page is still the same, then the classes you transfer in will just show as completed, but it won't tell you what classes they used for equivalency. Kind of a bummer.

I'm guessing you are correct about not seeing what was taken as equivalencies. Right now it shows 0/40 finished. That's the only thing that I see.

Looks like assignments are required. I tried to attach a screenshot of a table from the syllabus but it's having issues. They are 12% of your grade. Final project and exam are 44% each so I guess those two are where I will focus most of my efforts.
Just got my credit evaluation in. I was awarded 45 credits. I really was hoping they would take more. Anyway, they didn't tell me what transferred in as what but I do know a few things.
They take Shmoop courses. My film, physics, and biology courses had to be filled from Shmoop as that's the only places I took those.
College Algebra would have to be ALEKS
My philosophy and psychology courses have me stumped. I have no clue what filled those slots as I haven't taken either of those anywhere.
Sociology and history requirements would have to filled by my study.com courses of government and history of Vietnam.

Edit:. I got to thinking and I might know where they gave me credit for psychology. I done the Shmoop course called human sexuality. That is a psychology type course. I wish it was transferred as the human sexuality course I have to take at JFK instead though.

I currently have 25 courses to complete at JFK. I don't think I'll be able to finish in the 6 months. I've got half the work for the first course already done, just have to wait before I submit it.
My official start date is October 2nd. I believe that I could knock out a few more with study.com and straighterline if I hit it hard between now and then. Not sure if I want to do that or just start working on the assignments for the next couple of courses of JFK

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interest Rate Conversions, DSST P. of Finance mstcrow5429 1 842 04-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Farmerboy