Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eye Level Learning vs Kumon (and/or alternatives)
Hey, my kids have done assessments and were provided "home work" to do, but I'm comparing the two centers for cost and the amount of information they learn.  Anyone here bring their kids to these learning or tutoring centers?  I looked at their "grade level" homework, they only review two subjects - English and Math (it'll get boring as my kids are like me, ADHD/dyslexic on the mild side).  

Are there any that work on other subjects such as Language Arts or Socials Studies, Sciences, Fine Arts, etc...?  I was looking around the state and can't seem to find some.  Maybe I should look at community center offerings, as when they were in pre-school or summer camps/after schools programs, those were either play based learning, or learning based play.  Any recommendations?

We're also starting to put a little bit of cash into their educational savings ($100/month each).  We think by the time they graduate high school, they'll be able to save at least $25K (compounded interests at play here).  That should be able to pay for their "Big 3 and/or CBE" undergrad and graduate degrees (hopefully the tuition doesn't go sky high by then).  Suggestions to do things differently?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I've setup my kids with both Eye Level and Kumon, daughter likes Eye Level more and son likes Kumon more... Anyways, I am still comparing the two, they're "so similar" in nature as both only tutor English & Math. The main thing is, they do by repetition, which means, it's going to be somewhat boring for them, so I paid for both courses instead of one. It's more like "home work" to them instead, if they can't finish the required assessments for the time, they bring it home to complete... I'm going to search for alternatives, maybe even a home school set of courses would be better, more variety...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Speed Reading Test. NOBODY Can Pass Level 10 LevelUP 0 483 04-10-2023, 12:27 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Immigration and education level Personherebb9 7 812 10-30-2022, 03:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degreed raises money for their Learning & Upskilling Platform bjcheung77 0 482 09-02-2022, 06:29 PM
  3 New Alternatives to Monetize Your Videos (Not YouTube) Kal Di 3 1,301 04-01-2022, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Kal Di
  Language learning bundle rachel83az 4 1,677 12-17-2021, 11:49 PM
Last Post: DanielDaCosta87
  Carnegie Learning Acquires Zorbit’s Math bjcheung77 0 588 05-17-2021, 07:31 PM
  Learning Care Group Acquires Young School bjcheung77 0 594 05-17-2021, 06:55 PM
  @Home - Free Learning Resources bjcheung77 2 1,160 02-23-2021, 08:32 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  cyberattacks on distance learning Alpha 1 1,151 01-17-2021, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Scorcher
  uTalk Language Learning Essentials - FREE bjcheung77 2 1,029 11-08-2020, 06:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az