Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Stretch
Phew. I'm getting there.

I started SOS-110 and BUS-421 at TESU today. Hopefully I'll be able to leverage my work from my last attempt at the capstone and make it easier on myself.

On SDC, I have a bit to do I'm hoping to wrap in the next few weeks. I need to take the Principles of Management and Business Communications tests, do the Business Communication assignments, and then basically do the entire Principles of Marketing, and then decide if I want to push and do a maths course (looking at Geometry or College Algebra) for the ASNSM Math.

Does anyone have any examples of the Business Communication assignments they'd be willing to share? I'm a little in my own head and just need an inspiration to knock them out.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 2 users Like Flelm's post:
  • rachel83az, ss20ts
(01-04-2021, 10:09 AM)Flelm Wrote: Phew. I'm getting there.

I started SOS-110 and BUS-421 at TESU today. Hopefully I'll be able to leverage my work from my last attempt at the capstone and make it easier on myself.

On SDC, I have a bit to do I'm hoping to wrap in the next few weeks. I need to take the Principles of Management and Business Communications tests, do the Business Communication assignments, and then basically do the entire Principles of Marketing, and then decide if I want to push and do a maths course (looking at Geometry or College Algebra) for the ASNSM Math.

Does anyone have any examples of the Business Communication assignments they'd be willing to share? I'm a little in my own head and just need an inspiration to knock them out.

If I were you I would focus on getting ahead of the cornerstone/capstone first. 
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Experience
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Quick update:

Management and Marketing done at SDC, waiting for tests to be reviewed so I can transfer them in. I'm hoping Sophia Communication at work comes in as COM-202 or something else that will satisfy the business communications requirement, otherwise I'll probably do Davar's course. In progress: SOS-110, BUS-421, and I registered for MAT-105 TECEP for February.

On track for a June graduation.

EDIT: Management and Marketing graded, and sent to TESU.

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
Capstone class completed, and I applied for June graduation! I just need to get a business communication class in from Saylor/Davar and I'll be done (pending final approval). It's been a long 20 year road, and I probably wouldn't have gotten there without the help of this forum. Thanks all for the help, resources, and support.

[-] The following 5 users Like Flelm's post:
  • cerich67, Leedeedee, rachel83az, TINASAM, TwinMom
Way to go! Congratulations for all your hard work!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
That's great! Awesome job! It was just some direction you were looking at and which courses to take, it was mainly all "you" who had to put the effort and work into completing the courses... Congrats, you're there at that finish line!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Great job! Hopefully your story inspires others to not give up.
(04-07-2021, 07:47 AM)Flelm Wrote: Capstone class completed, and I applied for June graduation! I just need to get a business communication class in from Saylor/Davar and I'll be done (pending final approval). It's been a long 20 year road, and I probably wouldn't have gotten there without the help of this forum. Thanks all for the help, resources, and support.

Bravo

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
Even after me following up with both Davar and TESU a few times, TESU just did my final eval yesterday and said they still don't have the Davar transcript, and will do another evaluation tomorrow. So... I'm panicking a bit. Davar said it should have been delivered April 28 or 29... They're going to send another copy today via the National Student Clearinghouse... I know worst case that I'll get September graduation, but I just want it to be over at this point.

Lessons learned: I should not have left Davar to the last minute (and tried the Saylor course as many times as I did, I missed it by 1 and 2 questions each time).

I highly doubt it'll drag on for too long, email academic advising or even the registration/registrar team and indicate to them, your final course is coming in for the last audit for graduation and have them "please keep an eye out" on that transcript... you should be fine, it does give some worry to this as it's so close to June.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Home Stretch Blckbuster 13 1,319 12-30-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: halloweenbday
  Finally in the Home Stretch!!! DamonPage 10 1,700 12-20-2020, 01:08 PM
Last Post: DamonPage