Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Are These Colleges Reputations
As previously posted, I am beginning to look into masters programs for industrial and organizational psychology. I have found a few schools who offer the degree online and was curious if anyone could give me information into the schools reputations?

1. Walden University
2. Touro College
3. University of Hartford
4. Florida Institute of Technology
5. The Chicago School of Professional Psychology

I also found schools such as Colorado State University, Appalachian State University, among other well known universities however they require the GRE and I am past the 5 year mark and do not want to take it again if avoidable. I appreciate everyone's input!
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
Walden has the same reputation as Capella. So, if you're considering Walden, then you might as well do the MS in I/O Psychology at Capella. Their FlexPath program is a lot cheaper. Both schools are well-known for-profits, which is a bad thing.

Touro College is a largely unknown school that seems to mostly target non-traditional students. FIT is a traditional research university. I only know the Chicago School of Professional Psychology for being expensive. They're a school that specializes in psychology, but they're ranked in the bottom quartile for psychology, if that tells you anything. I don't think anyone outside of Connecticut is going to be familiar with University of Hartford.

FIT is the best school on your list. University of Hartford would be the second best school. The Chicago School of Professional Psychology was sued in 2014 because only their Chicago campus had APA accreditation, and they were transferring their distance learning students to the Los Angeles campus without them knowing.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • ThatBankDude
Make sure you always check with the schools that require GRE before you strike them off of your list. Sometimes there are conditions for that requirement to be waived. For example, some schools waive the GRE requirement for those who already have earned a graduate degree.
[-] The following 2 users Like verenaf's post:
  • Muldoon, ThatBankDude

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teacher Webchats = $50 per grad. credit N. Dakota colleges eriehiker 4 1,124 11-25-2019, 12:24 AM
Last Post: GoodYellowDogs
  Highly-Ranked Colleges or Departments with Online Degrees sanantone 25 7,317 06-12-2019, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Online graduate colleges that accept Augustana VESi courses for graduate credit? kevinmane 0 1,203 08-17-2015, 06:16 PM
Last Post: kevinmane