Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you maintain focus on objective?
Lindagerr Wrote:Hi All-

I am coming down to the wire. I need Intro to Psyc and Intro to Soc. and I will have my AA. I seem to be doing everything but study this past 2 weeks. I know I have to get these done if I want to Graduate and be able to walk in Oct.

Everytime I sit at the computer I seem to come up with an excuse to do anything except study. I even use this board as an excuse, I have posted more in 2 weeks then the past 2 years.

Is it cold feet? or burn out? Somebody please give me a kick start!!:o

[COLOR="Navy"]I think it is critically important to not lose sight of your goal - an AA degree!

You're almost home, there's no need to sprint, coast home if you need to but get there.

Read and follow my advice "pyramid" below - perhaps one or all of these personal pearls of wisdom will see you through; they did for me.

Good Luck and Stay Focused!!![/COLOR]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
[SIZE="2"]I have found success in setting challenging, but attainable goals. For example, I may decide that I am going to study for Introductory Sociology and then schedule it with my testing center. By doing things this way, I already have a specific date in mind by which I need to be confident enough to take the exam. Essentially it forces me create structure within my degree plan, even though it doesn't really exist without me creating it. When I have handled it this way in the past, it has seemed to keep me on task since I really do not have the time to take my eye off of the prize.[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Here is my lineup since January 2008![/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]UP NEXT: Introductory Business Law
Biology 53 Cool
Intro to Educational Psychology 63
Principles of Marketing 65
College Algebra 60
Introductory Psychology 70
Human Growth and Development 68
Information Sys. Computer App. 48 OUCH! Sad
Introductory Sociology 66
Principles of Management 70
[B]US History II
[B]Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
54 [B][SIZE="1"]COLD[/SIZE]
English Composition with Essay 52 [SIZE="1"]COLD[/SIZE]
Plus, the 24 credits I've earned at the traditional B&M so far.
[SIZE="2"]
[COLOR="Red"]I am graduating in December of 2009!
BS in Human Resources Management
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
[/B][/B][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't Focus: Going Father Down the Rabbit Holes LadySearchDog 20 2,896 09-25-2020, 12:31 PM
Last Post: warriortaupou
  Getting a pre-teen to FOCUS jackbanta 20 2,153 10-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Last Post: jackbanta