Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Examples of successful PLAs for TESC
I've received credit for portfolio reviews at a number of other colleges, typically for art related courses though with an actual portfolio and nothing written required. I'm nervous about trying for PLA credits at TESC, but I need to do so within the next few months. I still need to take the Saylor PLA course too. I was wondering though if anyone who has had success with getting PLA credit at TESC might be willing to share with me what they sent it? I may be worried over nothing, but I am concerned that there will be something expected like MLA or APA at the end that I either will not have included because I didn't think it was needed, or that the person reviewing my PLA simply won't like the format I choose. If you respond to this thread and say you have examples, I'm PM my e-mail address to send it to.

FallingWaters, I know you completed PLA through LearningCounts. Did Todd Siben ever actually look at your learning documentation? I think what I've read about him is probably adding to my worries about getting PLA credits directly from TESC.

Thanks!
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
No, TESC never saw my portfolios. They only accepted the credit granted from the other institution (in my case, LC). If your other schools grant credit, TESC should accept it without question.
CLEP's and DSST's passed: Fund. of Counseling, Tech Writing, Here's to your Health, Intro to Computers, Analyzing and Interpreting Lit, Human Growth and Devel, Intro to Soc., Crim Just, Law Enforcement, Env. and Humanity, Astronomy.
Completed 2 PLA's through LearningCounts.org.
Completed Capstone at TESC.
These would be totally new credits that no other school has reviewed before. TESC did already give me full credit for portfolio reviews I've done at other colleges.

Thanks for the response! :-)
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
I did 4 PLA's with TESC. They were all accepted without problems at all. Requirements are much easier then they were before. Todd Sibben is very helpful with questions or concerns
Todd Siben is nice when you're making his department useful. Dbwdb, did you take TESC's PLA courses?
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
dbwdb Wrote:I did 4 PLA's with TESC. They were all accepted without problems at all. Requirements are much easier then they were before. Todd Sibben is very helpful with questions or concerns

I'm going to PM you my e-mail. Hopefully you're willing to share your PLA documentatiom with me so I can see the formattin etc. Thank you! Do you know specifically what has changed to make the PLAs easier to achieve?

sanantone Wrote:Todd Siben is nice when you're making his department useful. Dbwdb, did you take TESC's PLA courses?

Oh, good question! I am still planning to take Saylor's PLA course, which I believe specifically outlines the style of PLA that TESC wants. I wonder if it willmake a difference though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,664 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,457 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,203 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  PLA Examples for CS Courses truthling 2 1,043 01-28-2018, 11:32 AM
Last Post: High_Order1
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,994 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,361 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,776 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,753 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,316 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808
  TESC Liberal Arts Capstone Review hornj 13 6,902 08-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: mabby