Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we headed to WW3?
When was the last time Iran invaded another country? People forget that the United States has had a huge part in the hostilities with Iran. Many forget that we shot down a civilian airliner coming from Iran and killed over 200 innocent civilians.

http://swampland.time.com/2013/10/15/fou...t-america/
My perspective on this whole subject is a bit different and obviously greatly influenced by my work.

In traveling the world and doing business almost everywhere, I really don't see a major war happening as long as there are big companies that want to make money. I mean yes, there are crazy dictators in these countries, but from an international biz perspective, if you could buy off the dictator, there is so much $$ to be made in selling your product to his people.

I could site a whole bunch of boring articles to back up my point, but I still may be wrong.. it's just an opinion.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
sanantone Wrote:Iran wouldn't get the same treatment as Russia. Iran is just a step above Syria. We were very close to attacking Syria. Currently, Iran doesn't have much money to fund anything. The sanctions have hurt them pretty badly.

I agree with you that we, and possibly the rest of the world, would be more aggressive with Iran. However, I don't think it matters terribly how much the sanctions have hurt them, they could and probably would still invade if given the chance. They went crazy against Iraq with those human wave attacks, so I don't really see them having a concern for their own people. It's just like in North Korea: they use the money that would have gone to feeding their people for military funding. It's a mistake to think that there is some baseline they won't go past in order to get what they want. They are fanatical and they don't care. That's a bad combination.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
Tedium Wrote:I agree with you that we, and possibly the rest of the world, would be more aggressive with Iran. However, I don't think it matters terribly how much the sanctions have hurt them, they could and probably would still invade if given the chance. They went crazy against Iraq with those human wave attacks, so I don't really see them having a concern for their own people. It's just like in North Korea: they use the money that would have gone to feeding their people for military funding. It's a mistake to think that there is some baseline they won't go past in order to get what they want. They are fanatical and they don't care. That's a bad combination.

I don't think Iran has plans to invade anyone. If anything, Israel would probably strike against them first. The people of Iran aren't as isolated and brainwashed as the people of North Korea. They have already shown that they have to potential start an uprising.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:I don't think Iran has plans to invade anyone. If anything, Israel would probably strike against them first. The people of Iran aren't as isolated and brainwashed as the people of North Korea. They have already shown that they have to potential start an uprising.

I wouldn't say they were brainwashed. I think fanatical is a better term for Iran. I think they have nuke fever. It's so close they can taste it and they are tired of being pushed around. Pakistanis exhibit the same reverence of the bomb and how it affects their standing in the world. I think they would be willing to go through more austerity than most if they thought they could come out ahead at the end.

The only thing holding them back from attacking now is Israel's nukes. If they can try to use MAD to even the playing field or tip it in their favor, I think they would.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
Tedium Wrote:I wouldn't say they were brainwashed. I think fanatical is a better term for Iran. I think they have nuke fever. It's so close they can taste it and they are tired of being pushed around. Pakistanis exhibit the same reverence of the bomb and how it affects their standing in the world. I think they would be willing to go through more austerity than most if they thought they could come out ahead at the end.

The only thing holding them back from attacking now is Israel's nukes. If they can try to use MAD to even the playing field or tip it in their favor, I think they would.

The reason why I mentioned brainwashed people is because Iran is under pressure from its citizens to do something about the sanctions.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I say we just make McDonalds open franchises in all those countries we think might get belligerent.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
LaterBloomer Wrote:I say we just make McDonalds open franchises in all those countries we think might get belligerent.

I was in Algeria a few times last year and surprised to find out that there are NO McDonalds there! LOL.. though plenty of very close imitations. If branding police were allowed in Algiers, there would be MANY similar style restaurants shut down.

Here is a map of the no-McDonald's zones: Where In The World Are There No McDonald's? : The Salt : NPR
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
In Asia, China is attempting Crimea style action against the Philippines. China has also competing territorial claims with Japan and South Korea, as well as with Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunei and Taiwan in potentially energy-rich waters.
There is no doubt that we are indeed headed to World War III unless we the entire world makes certain changes. I think, it will happen sooner than later based on both Biblical prophecy and the American Natives prophecy about the third shaking of the Earth. The Biblical prophecy in Ezekiel Chapter 38 is an important chapter that prophesies a war. According to the Native American prophecy in the book, "A Prophecy of the Future" by Robert Nelson and in chapter 8; it states that the nations that first received the light(the gospel) will be the first to attack. Scroll down to Figure 5.3 to see the exact prophecy. Those nations are; China(I think, it might be Russia), Palestine, India, and Africa. Robert Nelson: Prophecy: A History of the Future / Table of Contents Another prophecy that I found is called, "George Washington's Vision" that predicts a third peril for the US. The first was; the Revolutionary War, and the second was the Civil war. The third will be one "as of the light of a thousand suns." Then the vision states that the lands become inhabited again. This may mean that the US will have survivors that rebuild the nation. I do agree that such a war would not necessarily involve a lot of armies at the onset as the prophecies clearly indicate that the US will be attacked with nukes or some other biological weapon that the Bible states "melts the eyes out of their sockets" and as the Native American state, "are gourd of ashes that causes disease that no medicine can cure." In the event of a nuclear war, the first targets would be; big cities and strategic cities. There is another Biblical prophecy that I think indicates a return to a more primitive culture.
Respect Yourself and Respect others.

Passed
DSST Technical Writing
DSST Principle of Statistics
DSST Astronomy
DSST MIS