Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to update JST (you can help)
My JST was missing many military education courses and all my CLEP/DSST exams over a long career.

JST updated CLEP/DSST from a CLEP Military Transcript.

I scanned and uploaded every military course that I completed.

One course they verified and accepted as Credits as per the ACE Guide (NCO School).:hurray:

Many they verified and uploaded as other courses (no credit). Courses were never review by ACEbanghead I have over 30 of these.

They refuse to change one course as the Army installation put my code as a two week school not a 20 week schoolbanghead This one would be worth about 9 credits.

A retired friend of mine has MP school on his JST and he was an infantryman who never went to a MP course.hilarious

I need to write the CCAF as they do not accept USAF courses. USAF does it own thing.

I will add some of the JST reply's........
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

The course does not qualify for a manual update to your JST. The course must reside in the ATRRS database and/or be evaluated in the MILITARY American Council on Education (ACE) Guide.

V/R,

JST ARMY SUPPORT
Case closed.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

The course has been updated to your JST under the Other Learning Experience section.

JST ARMY SUPPORT

Case closed.

Manual Update (Training)

The course has been updated to your JST.

JST ARMY SUPPORT
Case closed.

They added to my JST military funded CLEP/DSST, but not military paid ECEs.:ack:

The courses listed on the transcript you provided are not eligible to be placed on the JST.
Case closed.

The Air Force elected not to participate in this program. You will be required to request a transcript from the Community College of the Air Force for this course.

Case closed.

The course does not qualify for a manual update to your JST. The JST is an official transcript which lists courses that qualify for an American Council on Education (ACE) evaluation. Skillport, eLearning, most correspondence courses, most distance learning, and courses less than 45 academic hours usually do not qualify and are not documented on your JST. The course must also reside in the ATRRS database.

The ACE Guide is a reference which provides information regarding military training that has been evaluated by (ACE) and is qualified to be on the JST. You can find the Guide at the following web address: Military Guide

JST ARMY SUPPORT
Case closed.

Not to throw eggs, but I would like to make a general statement: This is a perfect example of the reason why it is imperative to verify and re-verify your JST before you get out. It's a lot easier to walk down to the personnel support department yourself and get school listings fixed or changed in your records than it is to rely on JST to resolve the issues. I remember back when I was heavy into taking classes and CLEPs/DANTES while in the Navy. I was OCD with my SMART Transcripts (what JST for the Navy and Marines used to be). I would verify after every military course and class I took. Also I made darned sure my Page 4 was absolutely correct when I got out, just in case I missed something. I remember one occasion where I had to take english comp with essay 3 times before they finally got it right because they either kept putting down that I took the non essay version or TESC lost my essay portion that I had to turn in.
2014 MBA Management & Strategy - WGU
2013 BS
Nuclear Energy Engineering Technology - TESC
[SIZE=2]
2013 AS
Nuclear Engineering Technology - TESC

[/SIZE]
dposborne Wrote:Not to throw eggs, but I would like to make a general statement: This is a perfect example of the reason why it is imperative to verify and re-verify your JST before you get out. It's a lot easier to walk down to the personnel support department yourself and get school listings fixed or changed in your records than it is to rely on JST to resolve the issues. I remember back when I was heavy into taking classes and CLEPs/DANTES while in the Navy. I was OCD with my SMART Transcripts (what JST for the Navy and Marines used to be). I would verify after every military course and class I took. Also I made darned sure my Page 4 was absolutely correct when I got out, just in case I missed something. I remember one occasion where I had to take english comp with essay 3 times before they finally got it right because they either kept putting down that I took the non essay version or TESC lost my essay portion that I had to turn in.

This is good advice, but unfortunately, not enough supervisors tell their troops this.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Prloko Wrote:This is good advice, but unfortunately, not enough supervisors tell their troops this.

I see what you are saying, but IMHO if one is mature enough to think about taking classes and their future as a junior enlisted (something you don't run into that often) then you would think that individual would have the forethought to verify their accomplishments were recorded correctly. Verify especially since he/she is depending on an organization famous for getting a lot of the things they touch all mixed up...
2014 MBA Management & Strategy - WGU
2013 BS
Nuclear Energy Engineering Technology - TESC
[SIZE=2]
2013 AS
Nuclear Engineering Technology - TESC

[/SIZE]