Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help w degree plan BSBA or BSBM
Hello,

We need help in making a plan for my husband to complete a BS in Bus Adm or BS in Bus Mgt in the quickest most economical way. I have contacted Jennifer Cook DeRosa @cookderosa and she was a wonderful help and guided me here.
I have been helping sort out his existing credits/courses.  He has prior college credits and also most recent University of Phoenix credits (in BSBM).
Because of illness/job losses/life circumstances he did not go back to complete the degree, but we are now in desperate need to get him finished as soon as possible and for the least amount of money as we are dealing with financial burdens from recent surgeries/cancer/medical bills.

His current company will be happy with a BS degree from a college as long as he has one.  TESU possibly?

He has gathered what he believes is all of his credits, he has never taken CLEP or tested out of anything as of now because he never knew that was an option, but we now know this thanks to Jennifer's incredible amount of information in her group!

This is what he has completed and credits earned (please forgive any errors and not knowing exact order to list, I truly appreciate all the help!):

CHEM 30A       3.0
GUIDE 97 INTRO COLL  0.5 
LIBR 20 INFO RESOURC  2.0
MATH 13 ALGEBRA II   5.0
P ED 24D GOLF    1.50
AJ 102 PRIN/INVES   3.0
AJ 10  INTR ADM JUS   3.0
AJ 107 FIREARMS   1.50
AJ 109  FIELD EXPER  3.0
AJ 11  CRIMINAL LAW  3.0
AJ 13  CRIMINAL PRO  3.0
ENGL 1A ENGL COMP  3.0
H ED 11  CONT HEALTH   2.0
HIST 17A  HISTORY US  3.0
LIB 11  INTR LIBRARY  1.0
S SCI 28  3RD WORLD CU  3.0
ART 90  ART APPREC  3.0
BIS 91 INFO PROCESS  3.0
PHIL 60 LOGIC/REASON  3.0
BUS 058 MUTUAL FUND INVEST  1.0
GEN/300 SKILLS FOR PROFESS DEVELOP  3.0
COMM/215 ESSENTIALS OF COLLEGE WRITING  3.0
MGT/331 ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR  3.0
MATH/208 COLLEGE MATHEMATICS I  3.0
MATH/209  COLLEGE MATHEMATICS II  3.0
CIS/319 COMPUTERS AND INFORMATION PROCESS  3.0
MGT/350  CRITICAL THINKING: STRATEGIES IN DECIS MAKING 3.0
RES/341 RESEARCH AND EVALUATION I  3.0
RES/342  RESEARCH AND EVALUATION II  3.0
ECO/360  ECONOMICS FOR BUSINESS I  3.0
MGT/434 EMPLOYMENT LAW  3.0
MGT/431  HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT 3.0

We BOTH are so so grateful for any help and direction!
(He was told 39 credits were needed for a BSBM at UOP, but we definitely are not going that route from here.)

Carlen
Unfortunately, I can't figure out what a lot of these courses would come in as, so the TESU degree plan I created for him might be pretty far off from what it should be.  So, you need to apply to TESU and send your transcripts in immediately.  They will take about a month to do the eval.  Apply for the BSBA in HRM because I think that's a better fit for the credits he has, and you'd only need a couple of courses to finish that, vs. General Management.

You should also apply at WGU, and see where your credits will fall.  He could do the BSBM or the BSBM in HR.

In the meantime, he should take the TESU AOS core courses (professional business requirements) except the capstone.  He should also take College Algebra and Statistics, Speech, and English Comp II if he didn't take that already (I can't tell).  Those courses will apply towards the degrees at both schools, so you don't lose anything doing this.

Once both evals come back (WGU's will come very quickly), then you can decide from there what it is you want to do.  WGU would be cheaper than TESU as long as your husband was committed to taking as many courses as possible before enrolling, and then completing the remaining courses within the 1st 6-mo term.  DO NOT let him commit to them now, he really would have to do the work to take as much as possible before enrolling, as WGU has a strict policy of not letting any more courses be transferred in once you enroll.

For the very cheapest degree, he would want to do as much as possible through CLEP/Modern States (all free) first, and then switch to Saylor for a few courses (Finance, Stats, Managerial Acct, Business Comm).  At that point, he should have his evals back and be ready to post on here what his evals look like, the courses he's completed, and decide from there which would be the cheapest/easiest/fastest degree.

Attached Files
.pdf   cs_cooper TESU BSBA1 GenMan.pdf (Size: 72.29 KB / Downloads: 24)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa
Carlen, SO GLAD you found your way over here. Listen to Dfrecore, she's *literally* the best degree planner on the planet... in my opinion Smile
Thank you SO much fro everything so far fdfrecore!  So grateful to you and Jennifer!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cs_cooper's post:
  • cookderosa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,448 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 478 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 765 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,178 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,700 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Hypnotherapy + $30 course or $12,000 degree = Licensed "Medical" Profession nykorn 6 950 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  These Rural Texans Opted Out of a Degree. This Community College Wants Them Back LevelUP 1 374 12-22-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Avidreader